Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steev Question
Just heard the podcast from Monday, and heard Steev talk. This may be random, but is he the same guy that called in during the "Barry Berry" controversy a long time ago, and tried to pronounce the two words over the phone to prove Hot Wings was saying everything wrong. I may be way off, but I know it was an employee from another station that called in and the voice sounds the same.
Sir, they're not going to allow you to...break the law
I'm wondering if he's the guy doing the GRD Music News now...sorta sounds like him.

Lonely, un-packed tone...like a guy living alone in an apartment with no friends within 500 miles.
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
certainlycertainly Wrote:Just heard the podcast from Monday, and heard Steev talk. This may be random, but is he the same guy that called in during the "Barry Berry" controversy a long time ago, and tried to pronounce the two words over the phone to prove Hot Wings was saying everything wrong. I may be way off, but I know it was an employee from another station that called in and the voice sounds the same.

Yup, that was me. Good memory! I still stand by my argument.

Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:I'm wondering if he's the guy doing the GRD Music News now...sorta sounds like him.

Nope, that's not me.

Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:Lonely, un-packed tone...like a guy living alone in an apartment with no friends within 500 miles.

Pretty much...but it's about 700 miles. Everything else is right on.
dont feel alone steev i am on your side with the bury barry berry thing
It matters not how straight the gate, how charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul.
[spoiler]Shit, you took away the black bar. Put it the fuck back now![/spoiler]
My last name ends in bury and I pronounce it bary.
"Sir, You need to get out of your car, there is a train comming."
"Why ummm... uhhh did you ummm... feel the need to errrrr, god why can't I type!!"
Mad Dog Wrote:My last name ends in bury and I pronounce it bary.

Then you pronounce it wrong
patfromportland Wrote:

You can't pronounce your own name wrong...
"What you are about to see is top secret. Do not tell my mother."
zdunklee Wrote:
patfromportland Wrote:

You can't pronounce your own name wrong...

He found a way.
steev Wrote:
certainlycertainly Wrote:Just heard the podcast from Monday, and heard Steev talk. This may be random, but is he the same guy that called in during the "Barry Berry" controversy a long time ago, and tried to pronounce the two words over the phone to prove Hot Wings was saying everything wrong. I may be way off, but I know it was an employee from another station that called in and the voice sounds the same.

Yup, that was me. Good memory! I still stand by my argument.

Seriously, anyone with half a brain could tell the difference. I hated the guys that day, how could you possibly not hear the difference between BAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHrry and bEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHrry?! It's not a Jersey thing, it's a competence thing. Damn it you got me all riled up again.
That's what she said.
Oh, you mean Barry and Barry?
You know, the words that sound EXACTLY THE SAME?
copied and pasted from dictionary.com
if you dont know the words in the [] are phonetic
Bar⋅ry  [bar-ee]
ber⋅ry  [ber-ee]

also if you don't know the "a" in phonetics is pronounced with the ah sound, and the "e" is pronounced with the eh sound

they sound different.
bury sounds like berry but thats just about it.
I think the problem is the idiots west of us pronounce their As and Es the same, so both Barry and berry sound like beary.
That's what she said.
I think the problem exists with the uppity mingers east of us. Wink

Steev doesn't count as an uppity minger because he has seen the light and moved to the True Path.
Everyday you reinvent yourself into a bigger cock-shite than ever. It's incredible. I don't know how you do it. I admire you.

I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.
The very first time I ever heard the show was during this segment, been hooked ever since.
Sir, they're not going to allow you to...break the law
0rz0ski Wrote:I think the problem exists with the uppity mingers east of us. Wink

Steev doesn't count as an uppity minger because he has seen the light and moved to the True Path.

... and i thought you were cool Tongue
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:I'm wondering if he's the guy doing the GRD Music News now...sorta sounds like him.

Nope. Music News is done by Dave.
Philly Mike Wrote:
0rz0ski Wrote:I think the problem exists with the uppity mingers east of us. Wink

... and i thought you were cool Tongue

You thought right, I am cool. :ugeek: If you hang out with me, my coolness might rub off on you. Big Grin
Everyday you reinvent yourself into a bigger cock-shite than ever. It's incredible. I don't know how you do it. I admire you.

I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.
Quote:Oh, you mean Barry and Barry?
You know, the words that sound EXACTLY THE SAME?

100% correct. There is no H in Barry.
Allyson Wrote:I think the problem is the idiots west of us pronounce their As and Es the same, so both Barry and berry sound like beary.
damnit allyson there's the dealbreaker for me. I used to think you were cool. Tongue I agree with mark the valet
pants on the ground! pants on the ground!
Hey Steev,

I appreciate you putting up the link in the "cool links" area on the new website, but I have a question. In this particular area of the website, I noticed that the links eventually get moved down when other links are added. What happens when there are so many links added and our link ends up at the bottom? Could it eventually get "bumped"? Please don't take this as "whining"; i'm just wondering. Thanks!

Queenie
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
Queenie Wrote:Hey Steev,

I appreciate you putting up the link in the "cool links" area on the new website, but I have a question. In this particular area of the website, I noticed that the links eventually get moved down when other links are added. What happens when there are so many links added and our link ends up at the bottom? Could it eventually get "bumped"? Please don't take this as "whining"; i'm just wondering. Thanks!

Queenie

How can anyone imagine you as whining? You have sexy phone voice...

Queenie

I was wondering the same thing but didn't dare to ask!!! Thanks for taking the lead as usual Queenie!!!! :wave:
Can we ask any question we want?
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:Can we ask any question we want?

That depends on whether or not you actually want it answered.
"I'm glad to see those 'Worthless Whore' lessons turned out well for you."
Here's the problem with the Barry/Berry thing. Only people from Michigan don't have accents. So silly douches from down south or Jersey or wherever use their stupid accents to say things incorrectly. Barry and Berry are just two different spellings of the same name. It's like Chris/Cris/Kris. Heck, my name is Jeremy and my neighbor's name is Geramie. Same name. He doesn't pronounce G different from J or ie different from y in the same name.

So stop smoking the crack, people with messed up accents. Barry and Berry are one in the same.

It's just like the difference between Steve, Steev and Fifth Wheel. >_>
I am the irrepressible dark horse.
Film it. Listen to it. Live it. Love it.

All the best,
The Mayor of Awesometown
No one's name is Berry, shut the fuck up.
That's what she said.
Allyson Wrote:No one's name is Berry, shut the Eff up.

You're right!

Signed,

The Honorable Marion Berry
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
admin Wrote:
Allyson Wrote:No one's name is Berry, shut the Eff up.

You're right!

Signed,

The Honorable Marion Berry

Or Chuck Berry for that matter, but of course he isn't famous or anything...

Sorry Allison but that statement might deserve one of these:

[Image: stupidsiren.gif]
"What you are about to see is top secret. Do not tell my mother."
I'm talking about first names per Mayor's Chris and Jeremy examples. If there was ever a guy named Berry he would be beaten to death by the time he was 12, so no, no one's name is Berry.

Barry:
[Image: Barry_White.jpg]
berry:
[Image: berries.jpg]

And you mouthbreathing eff, you can't even spell my name correctly and it's right in front of your face.

But you're right, I'm the stupid one.
That's what she said.
mayorofawesometown Wrote:Here's the problem with the Barry/Berry thing. Only people from Michigan don't have accents. So silly douches from down south or Jersey or wherever use their stupid accents to say things incorrectly. Barry and Berry are just two different spellings of the same name. It's like Chris/Cris/Kris. Heck, my name is Jeremy and my neighbor's name is Geramie. Same name. He doesn't pronounce G different from J or ie different from y in the same name.

So stop smoking the crack, people with messed up accents. Barry and Berry are one in the same.

It's just like the difference between Steve, Steev and Fifth Wheel. >_>

uhhh... yeah because dictionary.com has an accent and doesn't use the english language as it was intended to be when phonetically spelling... Tongue
regional differences in dialect, friends.

Let's agree to disagree.
[drop]Hehehe...doesn't he talk funny?[/drop]

steev Wrote:regional differences in dialect, friends.

Let's agree to disagree.
[Image: arnoldpussy.jpg]
Please ignore Philly for the next couple hours...I think he chugged 5 Monster Javas in a row... :wtf:

phillymike is looseleafed!
0rz0ski Wrote:Please ignore Philly for the next couple hours...I think he chugged 5 Monster Javas in a row... :wtf:

What makes you think that? :roll: Wink
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!

Queenie

Bump . . . since it was 2 pages back from you most recent post.
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:phillymike is looseleafed!
howie, your being glib. You don't know looseleafed... I KNow looseleafed, I've read books on looseleafed....
Philly Mike Wrote:
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:phillymike is looseleafed!
howie, your being glib. You don't know looseleafed... I KNow looseleafed, I've read books on looseleafed....

Did you know that looseleaf = rawdawg? Wink
looseleaf doesn't = rawdog...well maybe if you're in middleschool :roll: