FBHW Forums
Was Hotwings absence ever completely explained? - Printable Version

+- FBHW Forums (https://www.cdih.net/fbhw)
+-- Forum: Free Beer and Hot Wings Show (https://www.cdih.net/fbhw/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Free Beer and Hot Wings Forum (https://www.cdih.net/fbhw/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Was Hotwings absence ever completely explained? (/showthread.php?tid=536)

Pages: 1 2 3

Was Hotwings absence ever completely explained? - egowx - 06-30-2008

I apologize if this was covered to death already but I have not caught up on my last 2 weeks of podcasts I never did see any other threads specifically saying anything.

Was Hotwings absence ever completely explained? - fistor!@# - 06-30-2008

He was rocked pretty hard by Dude's death. I'm just guessing here, but I wouldn't doubt if he needed some time to grieve.

Was Hotwings absence ever completely explained? - Titan! - 06-30-2008

No official reason was ever given, so it's probably safe to assume it was something personal.

I still say he was at cowboy camp gettin the gay out for another year.

Was Hotwings absence ever completely explained? - turf - 06-30-2008

it was never explained, but it did require him to drive outside of the show's listening area.

turf Wrote:it was never explained, but it did require him to drive outside of the show's listening area.

That makes sense, Cowboy Gay Camp is way out in Montana

Was Hotwings absence ever completely explained? - dasbow - 06-30-2008

Titan ! Wrote:
turf Wrote:it was never explained, but it did require him to drive outside of the show's listening area.

Been there, have we?

dasbow Wrote:
Titan ! Wrote:That makes sense, Cowboy Gay Camp is way out in Montana
Been there, have we?

No, not that you can prove anyway.

Actually I just like saying "Cowboy Gay Camp"

Was Hotwings absence ever completely explained? - Biff - 06-30-2008

Titan ! Wrote:

Funny how your IP# resolves to Montana.

Was Hotwings absence ever completely explained? - Mark the Valet - 06-30-2008

Admin Wrote:

MAJOR ownage.

Titan ! Wrote:
dasbow Wrote:Been there, have we?

No, not that you can prove anyway.

Actually I just like saying "Cowboy Gay Camp"
Well really, who doesn't?

Seriously though, I'm pretty sure it was due to Dude's death. I feel pretty uncomfortable about you people making jokes about the most devastating thing to ever hit the FB&HW show.

Admin Wrote:

FOUL ! Abuse of Moderator Powers ! I demand you give yourself a super smite.

Was Hotwings absence ever completely explained? - dino - 06-30-2008

Titan ! Wrote:
Admin Wrote:Funny how your IP# resolves to Montana.

FOUL ! Abuse of Moderator Powers ! I demand you give yourself a super smite.

-1 for making absurd requests of the moderators. :o

Was Hotwings absence ever completely explained? - mr10homodance - 06-30-2008

Fistor Wrote:He was rocked pretty hard by Dude's death. I'm just guessing here, but I wouldn't doubt if he needed some time to grieve.

why do people still try to pretend Dude is real. Lame....

mr10homodance Wrote:
Fistor Wrote:He was rocked pretty hard by Dude's death. I'm just guessing here, but I wouldn't doubt if he needed some time to grieve.

why do people still try to pretend Dude is real. Lame....

[Image: 604nile.jpg]

Fistor Wrote:
mr10homodance Wrote:why do people still try to pretend Dude is real. Lame....

Oh, c'mon. It's not just that.

Fistor Wrote:
mr10homodance Wrote:why do people still try to pretend Dude is real. Lame....

Can you please explain that map to me and how it's relevant to this discussion ? I just don't get it, and yes I know that if you have to explain it to me it won't be funny. I'm willing to accept that.

dino Wrote:
Titan ! Wrote:FOUL ! Abuse of Moderator Powers ! I demand you give yourself a super smite.

-1 for making absurd requests of the moderators. :o

That was not a request.

Was Hotwings absence ever completely explained? - Biff - 06-30-2008

Denial ain't just a river in Egypt.

Was Hotwings absence ever completely explained? - Queenie - 06-30-2008

Admin Wrote:Denial ain't just a river in Egypt.

From The New Guy . . . funny! I loved DJ Qualls in that and Lyle Lovett, especially when DJ threw that marshmallow on fire in Lyle's eye!

Ok. Thanks.

Was Hotwings absence ever completely explained? - born2bone - 06-30-2008

This thread is effin gay!

Brian Wrote:This thread is effin gay!

And yet, gayer still by you just being here. Thanks Mary.

Was Hotwings absence ever completely explained? - kate - 07-04-2008

HW went to Niagara Falls, they said it the other day.

Was Hotwings absence ever completely explained? - Biff - 07-04-2008

Kate Wrote:HW went to Niagara Falls, they said it the other day.

Yes, they had to use his wang to measure how deep the water was.

Was Hotwings absence ever completely explained? - Titan! - 07-04-2008

Kate Wrote:HW went to Niagara Falls, they said it the other day.

They must have moved the location of Cowboy Gay Camp then.

Was Hotwings absence ever completely explained? - kate - 07-04-2008

Probably.

Was Hotwings absence ever completely explained? - residentialevil - 07-06-2008

Queenie Wrote:

From The New Guy . . . funny! I loved DJ Qualls in that and Lyle Lovett, especially when DJ threw that marshmallow on fire in Lyle's eye!

That saying has been around a lot longer than The New Guy.

Was Hotwings absence ever completely explained? - egowx - 07-07-2008

Just listened to the podcast on Hot Wings' first day off with Steph sitting in. Zane actually said...."Hot Wings would be here if it wasn't for his stupid balls". He was obviously in Canada because of his balls...?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Was Hotwings absence ever completely explained? - zanessweater - 07-14-2008

A) Who is dude and why do you keep calling him dude?
B) I think that perhaps he was gone for some fertility issues. Aren't they trying to get preggers and she's having a hard time? Maybe she doesn't want all 83 of us listeners to know that they had to try IVF again or something.

Was Hotwings absence ever completely explained? - Philly Mike - 07-15-2008

zanessweater Wrote:A) Who is dude and why do you keep calling him dude?
B) I think that perhaps he was gone for some fertility issues. Aren't they trying to get preggers and she's having a hard time? Maybe she doesn't want all 83 of us listeners to know that they had to try IVF again or something.

the dude is a guy they get to interview the people they don't want to interview before the internviews existed. http://www.dudeshadoway.com/real/

Was Hotwings absence ever completely explained? - weinerpoopie - 07-26-2008

It may have actually been because of Hotwing's balls lol it has been discussed on the show that he and his wife have been trying to conceive a child via insemination. I had assume that his absence had something to do with that.

Was Hotwings absence ever completely explained? - speedbump - 07-26-2008

Evil Neddy Flanders Wrote:It may have actually been because of Hotwing's balls lol it has been discussed on the show that he and his wife have been trying to conceive a child via insemination. I had assume that his absence had something to do with that.

Yeah, that's usually how it works. I don't know why they'd have to drive so far for it.

Was Hotwings absence ever completely explained? - Titan! - 07-26-2008

He was at Cowboy Gay Camp ! ! ! He even admitted it !

Was Hotwings absence ever completely explained? - scooterfanatic - 08-01-2008

If Hot Wings and his wife were trying IVF, it doesn't make sense that they were all secretive about it. The wings has been pretty open about it on the show in the past. It's gotta be something else. I sure didn't like that chick they got in his place though. She was nice, but you could tell she just doesn't fit in.

Was Hotwings absence ever completely explained? - heinz - 08-04-2008

Brian Wrote:This thread is effin gay!

Been there have we? ;D

Was Hotwings absence ever completely explained? - Howie Feltersnatch - 08-04-2008

scooterfanatic Wrote:If Hot Wings and his wife were trying IVF, it doesn't make sense that they were all secretive about it. The wings has been pretty open about it on the show in the past. It's gotta be something else. I sure didn't like that chick they got in his place though. She was nice, but you could tell she just doesn't fit in.

Back when he and his wife first started the pregnant process and it wasn't working he talked about it a little. They thought it had worked at one point but it didn't for whatever reason and he said on the air. "we are trying again, but I will not be talking about it on air until we are 100% certain she is pregnant and that the baby is healthy" (paraphrased) I can only imagine how hard it is for Mrs. Giantcrank when everyone knows what is going on in her personal life.

let it be

Was Hotwings absence ever completely explained? - zanessweater - 08-04-2008

Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:
scooterfanatic Wrote:If Hot Wings and his wife were trying IVF, it doesn't make sense that they were all secretive about it. The wings has been pretty open about it on the show in the past. It's gotta be something else. I sure didn't like that chick they got in his place though. She was nice, but you could tell she just doesn't fit in.

Back when he and his wife first started the pregnant process and it wasn't working he talked about it a little. They thought it had worked at one point but it didn't for whatever reason and he said on the air. "we are trying again, but I will not be talking about it on air until we are 100% certain she is pregnant and that the baby is healthy" (paraphrased) I can only imagine how hard it is for Mrs. Giantcrank when everyone knows what is going on in her personal life.

let it be

Aww, I love you Felty - that is sweet. It is very hard when everyone around you is knocked up and you aren't/can't. Way to stick up for Mrs. HW

Was Hotwings absence ever completely explained? - Howie Feltersnatch - 08-06-2008

zanessweater Wrote:
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:Back when he and his wife first started the pregnant process and it wasn't working he talked about it a little. They thought it had worked at one point but it didn't for whatever reason and he said on the air. "we are trying again, but I will not be talking about it on air until we are 100% certain she is pregnant and that the baby is healthy" (paraphrased) I can only imagine how hard it is for Mrs. Giantcrank when everyone knows what is going on in her personal life.

let it be

Aww, I love you Felty - that is sweet. It is very hard when everyone around you is knocked up and you aren't/can't. Way to stick up for Mrs. HW

*whisper* People can't know I'm serious and nice

SHUTUP!

Was Hotwings absence ever completely explained? - silverloaf - 09-13-2008

He said he went to NY for his corvette. Thats what i think happened.