Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
US Civil War by 2005! Global Nuclear War by 2015!
But, but, he said it was true too. Big Grin

[Image: nostradamus.jpg]
<center>[Image: FOM.jpg]</center>
I don't think anyone's saying they believe this.

What I'm saying is, until there's solid proof beyond a shadow of a doubt that it is a hoax, there's still that .000000000000001% chance that it's not.
I predict that i'll have another cigarette by 3:00am.
&lt;center&gt;&lt;img src=&quot;http://www.cdih.net/ohsnap1.gif&quot;&gt;

&lt;b&gt;
&lt;marquee&gt;
&lt;FONT COLOR=&quot;WHITE&quot;&gt;
I &lt;3 JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE MUSIC!!!&lt;/FONT&gt;
&lt;/marquee&gt;&lt;/b&gt;&lt;/center&gt;
Quote:Originally posted by SO
I don't think anyone's saying they believe this.

What I'm saying is, until there's solid proof beyond a shadow of a doubt that it is a hoax, there's still that .000000000000001% chance that it's not.

The salient word that always gets left out of that is "reasonable". It's proof beyond the shadow of a reasonable doubt.

Did OJ not kill his wife and her lover yet some how cross-contaminate not only the crimes scene but his own home with DNA?
Maybe, but it's not reasonable.

Do UFOs exist and do they routinely abduct rural white trash to conduct experiments on?

Did we have a time traveller foretell of death and destruction?
[Image: ymbsig.jpg]
To play devil's advocate here for a minute...

Quote:Did we have a time traveller foretell of death and destruction?
I think if we've learned anything about technology, it's that it's very unpredictable. Unreasonable you say?

If you were to tell someone, in 1910, that in 35 years we'd be dropping bombs from the sky that wipe out entire cities in a single blast, would they think that reasonable?

If you were to tell someone, in 1934, in the midst of the Great Depression, that in 35 years we would send men to the moon and bring them safely back to earth, would they think that reasonable?

Imagine describing the technology of today to someone in the 60's. When the latest, greatest thing is color tv, how do you even begin to describe what the internet has become today? If you told someone then that you use the same machine to do your taxes, play games, watch movies, communicate in real time with people around the world, shop, invest, jerk off, and countless other things, what the fuck would their reaction be? Would they say it sounds reasonable?

So, is it really that unreasonable to think that there's a chance that time travel will be possible within our lifetime?
[Image: terminator.jpg]

Let's ask Arnold. I'm sure he knows.
<center>[Image: FOM.jpg]</center>
Note to all you unprepared motherfuckers don't come a knocking on my bunker door when the shit hit's the fan.

Thank you, this has been a public service announcement from your local lunatic.
&lt;center&gt;&lt;img src=&quot;http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/madone/taymb.jpg&quot;&gt;&lt;/center&gt;&lt;center&gt; We don't want your forgiveness. We won't make excuses. We're not gonna blame you, even if you are an accessory... But we will not except your natural order. We didn't come for absolution, we didn't ask to be redeemed. But isn't how it is, every goddamn time... Your prayers are always answered, in the order they're received...

&lt;/center&gt;
I predict that the biggest mass ufo sighting ever, will occur over the arizona desert next week. I'd love to stick around and explain, but I have to greet the press.
NO! I AM WHITE FOLKS!
Quote:I predict that the biggest mass ufo sighting ever, will occur over the arizona desert next week. I'd love to stick around and explain, but I have to greet the press.

Nice callback...
I'm not quite there yet
[Image: Riptide.jpg]
Believe the Hype, Bitch!!!!
Quote:Originally posted by SO

So, is it really that unreasonable to think that there's a chance that time travel will be possible within our lifetime?

Yeah, I've gotta think that it's a bit out there, considering we simply have no concept of what time is beyond a philosophical sense (ie; we have machines that count the values we assign to relate to the passing of what we believe to be time excruciatingly well - but we still don't know what it is). If we can't even define our terms and a short span of time like a year is actually counted wrong, is it reasonable to think we can travel through it? Sorry to say, but it's not.

Sad
[Image: ymbsig.jpg]