Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Iron Man match
Quote:\"Howard, did you see Jay Mohr on Kimmell last night ripping off one of your bits?\"
\"No, which one?\"
\"Yeah, he was breathing, didn't you invent that?!\"

:lol:

thats funny
[Image: Jailbaitsig.jpg]
Quote:Originally posted by HydratedPeach
Quote:Originally posted by Flock of Moosen
As long as they don't fuck it up with some lame interference

I'll stop you right there, Flock, to prevent you from getting your hopes up any further. As much as I would love to believe that this will be a straight-forward iron man match (a la Bret/Shawn), you know a McMahon or three will just have to stick their noses in... not to mention those great work horses, Show & Taker.
I know, I know. A boy can dream though.
<center>[Image: FOM.jpg]</center>
Quote:Originally posted by Six-Pack
Holy shit!!!!!!!! A chance to mention HHH (vs. Jericho) as a historical reference and they pass it up???? Someone at wwe.com is getting a pink slip shortly :lol:

Am I just completely senile now, or wasn't that match vs. The Rock?

And, although an Iron Man can be great for a wrestling fan, I have to think that UPN is very nervous about the idea:

"Yeah, we're gonna have the same 2 guys fight for an entire 60 minutes in primetime."... "No, neither of them is a high-flying spot-monster."... "I swear, ratings bonanza!"... "Well, at least it's not up against the Friends premiere...!"...
[Image: polarvict.gif]

Islander Hockey.
Go Quakers.
Quote:Originally posted by Wookies Cruel Circus
Am I just completely senile now, or wasn't that match vs. The Rock?
Yes, the second iron man match was triple h vs. the rock at judgement day 2000.
&lt;img src=&quot;http://www.cybercombatclub.com/jeux_videos_consoles_repertoire/mortal_kombat/mortalkombat_images_galleries_mortal_kombat/mortal_kombat_wallpapers1small.jpg&quot;&gt;
Mortal Kombat Grand Champion
Quote:Originally posted by Wookies Cruel Circus
And, although an Iron Man can be great for a wrestling fan, I have to think that UPN is very nervous about the idea:

\"Yeah, we're gonna have the same 2 guys fight for an entire 60 minutes in primetime.\"... \"No, neither of them is a high-flying spot-monster.\"... \"I swear, ratings bonanza!\"... \"Well, at least it's not up against the Friends premiere...!\"...
High-flyers can't do an iron man match. And if they did, they'd have to do just as many rest holds and slow shit as anyone else. No one can keep up the high spots for an hour.
&lt;center&gt;&lt;img src=&quot;http://www.yourmomsbox.net/ftl/ftl-oldtimey.gif&quot;&gt;&lt;/center&gt;
I just read the results and even though I won't spoil it, I'll just say it's one you may not want to miss. Early reports are saying Match of the Year candidate. :o
<center>[Image: FOM.jpg]</center>
Since Flock wanted to make you all hunt for it, I'll do what he should have Wink

*SPOILERS*

Dave@wrestlingobserver.com

Brock Lesnar won the Smackdown title tonight in Raleigh in the Iron Man match over Kurt Angle as was the original plan, despite his recent knee injury.

The match went a legitimate 60:00 and was described as a strong candidate to place highly for match of the year.

Lesnar was disqualified in 8:30 for a chair shot, but came back to win the next two falls quickly with an F-5 and via tap out with an ankle lock. Lesnar did an F-5 on the floor to win the fourth fall via count out, being up 3-1. Angle made it 3-2 with an Angle slam at 26:00. Lesnar scored a pin after a belt shot in 31:00. Lesnar went up 5-2 with a pin after a top rope superplex at 44:40. Angle won at 50:00 with a belly-to-belly superplex. Angle made it 5-4 at 55:10 with the ankle lock. Angle hit six german suplexes and used a heel hook at 59:30, but Lesnar survived until time ran out, winning the match.
It sound's like a really good iron man match, can't wait to see it thursday.
&lt;img src=&quot;http://www.cybercombatclub.com/jeux_videos_consoles_repertoire/mortal_kombat/mortalkombat_images_galleries_mortal_kombat/mortal_kombat_wallpapers1small.jpg&quot;&gt;
Mortal Kombat Grand Champion
Going by Tool's spoiler, I'm pleasantly surprised. Maybe McMahon wants me to continue being a fan after all.
From what I've read, the whole show was really good, and for the most part - McMahon free. I'm looking forward to it.