Poll: Does Absence Make the Heart Grow Fonder?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does Absence Make the Heart Grow Fonder?
LA to Chicago is so far away from one another. Yet, it's from 6 to 18 months.

Interesting situation.
[Image: fearloathingkewgardens.jpg]
She's 23. What's the rush? Why not date other people in the meantime and then re-evaluate when she returns. Most likely, they will have both moved on.
but they've dated 16 months, before that. Do they scrap due to circumstance...circumstances that are only temporary?
So what? Can't they just say that it's ok to date other people? If they love each other so much, they won't want to date other people, and they'll make the effort to visit/talk etc. and it'll take care of itself. Or you think they should agree not to date others? I just don't see what the harm is in seeing other people when you're that far apart.
Quote:Originally posted by MYLF
So what? Can't they just say that it's ok to date other people? If they love each other so much, they won't want to date other people, and they'll make the effort to visit/talk etc. and it'll take care of itself. Or you think they should agree not to date others? I just don't see what the harm is in seeing other people when you're that far apart.

hmmm..that was never brought up in the question.

Dating of others/or not...something that they never even considered in the original question or answer.
Now I'm not sure what I'm arguing about. Huh?
I voted Depends. Whether they see or not see other people is irrelevent. What is important is if they both want to maintain the 16 months of relationship for a long distance for a schism of time. That is only issue. The rest would come into play down the line, especially if the stay was extended past 6 months.
Well, I think a. out of sight, out of mind and b. why would they want to commit and not see others given how young they are.
Quote:Originally posted by MYLF
Well, I think a. out of sight, out of mind and b. why would they want to commit and not see others given how young they are.

committment is not always measure by youth. It's measured on caring on one another.

Out of sight, does not necessarily mean out of mind. And define sight? In this new age of email, phone, etc...are people truly out of sight these days?
I think I'm fully aware of what commitment is, and if you got the idea that I think age defines the ability to make a commitment, then I either wrote something wrong or you read it wrong.

My point about youth is that I think 23 is too young to settle down with one person. I think that you're still growing/changing, and you're better off waiting to get involved in a serious relationship.

As for out of sight, out of mind, just because you get emails, phone calls etc., doesn't mean you're thinking about the person at any other time.