Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Damn it, he must be stopped!
Quote:Originally posted by Flock of Moosen
Quote:Originally posted by SO
But Hogan made money. BIG money.

And I <b>COMPLETELY DISLIKE</b> Hogan as a wrestler.

HHH never made money. He's a cancer.
Sorry, you completely lost me here.
Are you saying just because Hogan made money he's allowed to shit on other wrestlers 100x more talented and hold them back?
Back then, yeah, it was perfectly acceptable. But back than, most wrestling fans were completely in the dark about what happens "behind the scenes," so what they ("they" being everyone with the exception of Hogan, McMahon, and Hogan's screwee-of-the-month) didn't know wouldn't hurt 'em.

Also, Hogan's larger-than-life persona helped keep him popular, despite what he was rumored to be pulling backstage. The only pops Trips gets is when Steph squeezes his roid-triggered zits every night.
Quote:Originally posted by HydratedPeach
Back then, yeah, it was perfectly acceptable. But back than, most wrestling fans were completely in the dark about what happens \"behind the scenes,\" so what they (\"they\" being everyone with the exception of Hogan, McMahon, and Hogan's screwee-of-the-month) didn't know wouldn't hurt 'em.

Also, Hogan's larger-than-life persona helped keep him popular, despite what he was rumored to be pulling backstage.
That's fair, but it also happened during his WCW days and we had the Internet telling us every little detail by then.

Quote: The only pops Trips gets is when Steph squeezes his roid-triggered zits every night.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
<center>[Image: FOM.jpg]</center>
That's fair, but it also happened during his WCW days and we had the Internet telling us every little detail by then.
That may be the case... didn't really pay much attention to WCW back then, or WWF for that matter. *sigh* I miss ECW.

Quote:
Quote: The only pops Trips gets is when Steph squeezes his roid-triggered zits every night.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Glad to provide the chuckles. Wink
On a side note, isn't it kinda weird how for a number of years WWE wouldn't even acknowledge where the guy came from and made him a stupid name and gimmick??
I'm not quite there yet
[Image: Riptide.jpg]
Believe the Hype, Bitch!!!!
Quote:Originally posted by JimmyBlueEyes
Quote:HHH never made money. He's a cancer.
Not that I'm gonna defend the guy, but how did he not make money?? Or do you mean all the publicity Hogan brought in back in the day?? Could you clarify?? He's rich enough getting the opportunity to bang the bosses' daughter. What guy wouldn't wanna be fucking the bosses daughter if she was a piece of ass??
Yeah, looking back, I was a bit unclear. My point was, yes Hogan held down the younger guys, but he was also THE FRANCHISE for the WWF during a time when they were making a ton of money. Whereas HHH holds down the younger guys (not sure that's the right way to put it) when the company is losing money and desperately needs someone new to carry the ball. Sure, HHH as an individual has tons of dinero, but the company he's supposed to be making money for has reported losses in the last 3 quarters (I think, I'm going on memory).

So yeah, by making money, I meant making money for the company as a whole, not just himself. Steve Austin was another guy who, during his run at the top, was quite the politician backstage. It just wasn't focused on as much because a)He was over, b)The company was strong, and c)He wasn't banging the bosses daughter (at least, I don't think he was).

I'm not really trying to defend Hogan here - just trying to point out the flaw in the HHH/Hogan comparison. Hogan was a draw, a star, made a ton of money for the company and for all the other wrestlers on the roster. HHH is a cancer, is not a draw and is not over, and is helping to run the company into the ground.
I'm not really trying to defend Hogan here - just trying to point out the flaw in the HHH/Hogan comparison. Hogan was a draw, a star, made a ton of money for the company and for all the other wrestlers on the roster. HHH is a cancer, is not a draw and is not over, and is helping to run the company into the ground.
Good point. I shall refrain from refering to Triple H as Hogan Jr. from now on. Big Grin
Good point. I shall refrain from refering to Triple H as Hogan Jr. from now on. Big Grin
I think Greg Gagne Jr. would actually be the best comparison.

Not sure if you know about the fall of the AWA, but if you do, you'll get it...
I know the name and the federation, but I don't know the story.
Condensed version - Verne Gagne, the owner of AWA, was a very good wrestler in his day. His son, Greg, didn't inherit his ability. That didn't stop Verne from pushing him to the moon over a young up and comer named Sterling Golden. So Sterling Golden saw the writing on the wall and left town, while Greg Gagne remained at the top of the card as AWA went down the drain, and eventually out of business.

Sterling Golden is better known as Hulk Hogan.
Sterling Golden, what a queer name. But then again it sure beats Bastion Booger.
Can ya tell I am trying for post whore of the day??
I'm not quite there yet
[Image: Riptide.jpg]
Believe the Hype, Bitch!!!!