CDIH

Full Version: Board persona's and posting styles - Keepin it real or playing a role?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
I'm sure you've all noticed that people begin to assume certain roles or persona's on boards to suit their personality or simply because its the most comfortable way for them to converse. Perhaps its what they feel people have come to expect from them.

How would you describe the people on our board's persona's or roles? Do you think its an act or is it how you really think or know they are in real life?

Does the persona become cliche after awhile and lose its effect or have you come to expect it from them?

Who are people who don't fit a persona or role and seem most like their true selves?
Quote:Who are people who don't fit a persona or role and seem most like their true selves?
Most people don't know everyone's "real" self anyway.
Quote:Do you think its an act or is it how you really think or know they are in real life?
Oh of course, because we read is true. :crackhead:
Some people actually know each other off the board.

I'm sure MOST people are not like they are on the board but the thread is really about the persona's themselves and what people think about them. How the persona started, what the inspiration was and if it becomes a chore to keep that persona up rather than be yourself.
I think most of us are pretty much the same here and in real life. I think some people like to joke around, but that's the type of person they are.

No one likes fake people.
I'm a dirty old man on and off the board. Sorry no fake persona here. However, I think in real life Grumpy is 6'8", Kid is white trash and Sean is a pussycat. :firebounce:
Im not saying if im the same on or off the board. one thing i am not is fake. what i post is what i think. therefore not fake. fine i get the sick bastard treatment and i dont care. i have been labeled that for over 2 years now. i post to hopefully disgust people..and more important for a laugh. thats my personality. whoever dont like it...:fuckoff: go to ronandfez.net and take inkslut with ya.
Quote:really about the persona's themselves and what people think about them.
Gonzo started that one already.
Quote:How the persona started, what the inspiration was and if it becomes a chore to keep that persona up rather than be yourself.
I'd suppose they evolve out of some joke, that the person doesn't mind & plays along with. Then it becomes TOG, and a persona is born. If it was a chore then they shouldn't bother, (baring the occasional Bad Day.) If you find it funny yourself, is what it is all about.

And no joke is completely without truth. A person's personality can't help but bleed thru. It's like actors. Most of them, you can see a similarity in all their characters. Their real self comes out in how they protray the character.
Snuka, I hope you don't think I was calling you fake

You were actually the type of guy who I had in mind when I said some of us like to joke around in real life, and that comes across here too.

We know that Snuka doesn't stick his meat whistle into room temperature pot pies every afternoon, but it's funny as hell to read

If someone is fake, that comes across real quick and they usually don't stick around too long. That's why the fake sentiment people, or the people who just complain about how shitty their life is, or try to impress others with how much they drink really aren't here at CDIH
Snika, I didn't say you were fake or I didn't like the nasty stuff. It makes me laugh. I just thought it was an interesting question.

Quote:Gonzo started that one already.

I must have missed it, can someone provide a thread name or link?
I misinterpreted keyeser. for that he gets a free blow job and a thumb up his ass by me personally as an apology.

:loveya:
I think a lot of people post the first thing that pops into their heads. Shit that you would normally not say, but on a message board, it's funny. And, as ladi said, if it's funny to you, that's all that matters.

Edited By Kid Afrika on April 08 2002 at 5:08
Quote:I must have missed it, can someone provide a thread name or link?
What do you really think?
what i post is 100% me {:p}
Ah Ladi, I knew of that thread, I just didn't think of it in that context.
I can truly say that I am pretty much what you see.
Quote:I can truly say that I am pretty much what you see.
You are a morphing skull?? COOL!
I am told that I am "Teh Funney" in real life. But online, I AM AN ELECTRONIC ORGASM OF CYBER-HILARITY!!

112-1014160832

I really don't know or haven't talked to most of you but I know one thing:Sean Cold is the exact same person in "real" life!!!!!!:fuckoff:
Quote:But online, I AM AN ELECTRONIC ORGASM OF CYBER-HILARITY!!

That would hurt.
I'm pretty much the same person here that I am in person. I talk more online than I do out in public though because I am a very shy person.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6