CDIH

Full Version: It was a good run...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Good show boys and girls but all good things need to end and CDIH is no different. I loved this site, it was the retarded little spawn of Sean and me, it's sick to even think that it was 7 years ago that we sat around at seans place and came up with the idea for this place, 7 years... that’s pretty good in message board standards.

We made a lot of friends and lost a lot along the way, we had a lot of awesome fun times and a few not so fun times. In some way I appreciate everyone who ever posted here, like you or hate you, I still appreciated you coming here. Obviously to those still reading this: galt, hedcold, jays, goat, jack, gooch, sleeper, Drusilla and especially my favorite of all time.. DIG!!! I don't want to sound sappy and say you guys are like family but for 7 years I have been used to interacting with you, in some cases even longer than that and some of us have met and are friends and some, we haven't ever met but it's going to be weird not seeing you guys everyday, even if I don't post much anymore, I check the board everyday. You're all good eggs and I really thank you, for having kept this place somewhat habitable for the past several months.

Obviously the biggest issue was the fact we we're never really about anything, hence why we weren't able to keep up but as I mentioned before, we outlasted most everyone else who came along and for a while we're bigger than most any other board.

As for what's going to happen in the future, we will leave everything as is for the next few weeks, probably till the last week of august. All of the posts on CDIH will be archived, in the same way that OA.com and YMB are archived. The board itself will still exist but not as CDIH, I’ll pretty much never get rid of the site, if I ever do I will hand over the archives to someone, most probably FMJeff. But the message board itself will become a part of my new podcast that I have been doing, we have a separate site set up for the podcast but we want to have a message board eventually and this will be it. You're all obviously welcome to move but it won't be a huge move, the url will still be active (colddayinhell.net) for whatever reason I paid for a transfer of the old url (cdih.net) but there was some mix up and now some fuckin dot head owns CDIH till 2009 and I still haven't gotten a refund. But the colddayinhell URL will be active for all the old members but it will forward to our podcast site and all of the old posts will be archived as I mentioned before and a new board will be started.

So in essence nothing huge is changing, it's just really sad in a way that CDIH itself is over, I put a lot into it from the start and it's kind of sentimental I guess. Also obviously there have been others who deserve a lot of credit, first and foremost is Jack for all the work he has done on the site for both Sean and me and the work he still does for which I have always appreciated. Goatweed for being my wingman during CDIH Redux after Sean. Also all the members past and present whom I have already thanked. Sean himself of course, though gone for a long time, if you're curious he is doing very well for himself now and he is in a much better place emotionally.

So many memories in the past 7 years, keyser's booty call thread, the confessions thread, arpi being a piece of shit every day of his life, hedcold making us a wiki page after wiki kept on deleting us, star-child, DIG, Kenspen, Hoon, the faggy arts forum, Sleeper Hitchcock's Dial M For Meatflaps!!!

I really do hope that most of you still come to the "new" board, even though it's not really new, same board just new look and name, different forums I guess. I will say one thing though, I wanted to keep the board and the website separate for the main reason that I obviously have been around long enough to know that boards = drama. So if the board does ever get out of hand, I can just lock it up and archive it away from our podcast website. Also the biggest change will really be the fact that banning will be in effect on the new board and I will not hesitate to ban anyone, no matter how much history we have, I may keep the cell idea but that's going to have to be a decision I make when it comes to that point.
you had me at: It was a good run.
Most everything was already said, but I have a couple of things to chime in with, not that anybody will probably ever read this.

There are a lot of memories here. Good, bad, otherwise. But regardless, they are memories and the experiences that I have had here, and at OA.com before it, have really helped me to grow as a person. That alone is enough to be sad that the board is going away, but at the same time, I realize that this board has been pretty much gone for about a year now, its time to throw in the towel.

For those of you that I became friends with, I still will popup from time to time on different sites. I still hop about on the internet, I still have a myspace page (and I'm addicted to that damn mobsters game), and I popup on AIM every once in a while. If you want to email me, my email is <!-- e --><a href="mailto:wabaker@yahoo.com">wabaker@yahoo.com</a><!-- e -->.

For those of you who I fought with over the years, such as Hybrid, I never really hated you, it was more out of sheer boredome that I pushed you.

Eddie, Goatweed, Jays, and even Jeremy (2Tired), I talked to you guys off the board the most, and in my eyes, you are not just e-friends, but real friends. I hope to keep in touch with all of you, and someday meet you all in person.

I miss Sean too. Regardless of what may have happened in the past, I am glad that he is doing better for himself. I remember the night I fried the board and Sean was going nuts. Thankfully all was restored by the morning and only a few posts were lost, but rather than just delete me and ban me forever, Sean really showed character that night. I wish he had stuck around til the end.

Get ahold of me if you want to, if not I understand.
I just want to say, and I'm sure you'll all agree, that I always enjoyed my own posts more than anyone else's
Galt Wrote:I just want to say, and I'm sure you'll all agree, that I always enjoyed my own posts more than anyone else's

deep down, i love you and of course i owe you everything my kooky friend.
I'm not really sure what to say since it's been said so I'll ponder it - plus I'm really fuckin' tired. I will say that I've had the most fun here than any other board I've ever been a whore on. The history here is amazing if you really sit back and think about it.

I'm still sad we never did that CDIH camping trip, too Sad
diceisgod Wrote:if you're curious he is doing very well for himself now and he is in a much better place emotionally.

i love you so much, i'll even give you the kill for the site and let you put it up with the rest of the boards you have destroyed.
I want to hear these new podcasts going around.
Toast, guys. Good trip, good life. Get out soon.

Good trip, sweetheart.

We'll watch the home front.

Say hello to those blow-job hacks.

Motherfuck them every chance you get.

I'll call you when I get a chance.

Now take me to jail.
I have a big announcement forthcoming. Don't shut things down yet.
Too late. The time to be interesting has passed.
Well, I'll be sad to see the board go. I've made it my habit of checking this site just about every day of my life for the past 5-1/2 years now, even when no one was posting, or when I couldn't come up with anything myself. Force of habit I guess, when one site brings you such personal entertainment, which made it both frustrating and amusing that no one else on the planet could come here and find how great this place was to post, except for the 12 douchebags that come here over and over.
The site filled a void for me when I was lonely up at school, and even at home. Everyone who knows me can see, I'm a bit socially awkward(though I've gotten better since around April 2006 I feel), so for as much as I couldn't talk or say what's on my mind in real life, I could always come here and do so, whether it be some story or tale I felt like typing a thousand words about, or some stupid idea that popped into my head while stoned. I enjoyed that I'd be read and responded to by the oddest fucking slice of Americana that constitutes this board's core members. I'll remember that third podcast, awkward as fuck as it was, because it did nag at me that I needed to get going with my life. So, I got my own place, and coincidentally, the day I was to start my lease I met the love of my life. I haven't been round much since. My best memories will be the day I first came here when OA.com died, the AIM chats we all used to have till 6 in the morning, the nights at the bar and bowling till round the same time, the Wiki, Keyser's booty call, Eddie as Star Child, Arpi and Galt's ongoing battle, the inside jokes thread, the gay marriage thread, the day Goatweed and Danked became mods, the scuzzi cleaning which solves all computer issues, Lent's thread, the countless Yankee-Red Sox threads, the day Alkey met Eli Manning, when WhackBagKid won Poster of the Years, jesus, there's too many to describe. My favorite times were probably the podcasts, even though they were clusterfucks and trainwrecks.

What I'll take away from this board is that the internet can bring a great experience from a community spread out all over the place, all for the shared notion to bust balls and laugh at each.

I hope we all stay friends forever.
Goatweed and Danked, the only people on this board ever worth a cup of spit. The rest of you are pathetic, Gonzo suck-ups with poor writing skills, doomed to a life of mediocrity and desperate for the attention of real friends. As for Gonzo, well I think the fact he was proud enough of his proposal to post a video of it says all we need to know about him.

Goatweed, Danked, I salute you and hope that your lives are triumphant marches through happiness. I would wish the rest of you ill but your pathetic selves already guarantee the life of sorrow and isolation that we both know you will live. sweet!
you were always a useless tit.
Arpikarhu Wrote:suck-ups with poor writing skills, doomed to a life of mediocrity and desperate for the attention of real friends.

Yeah, don't you just hate those.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://communityrights.wordpress.com/2008/06/23/morgan-shevett-report-on-june-23-council-meeting/">http://communityrights.wordpress.com/20 ... l-meeting/</a><!-- m -->
finally
This is like the last episode of Seinfeld with all the old guest stars coming back. Bring me Rotten Vinny
Pages: 1 2