CDIH

Full Version: Posting personality
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Have you developed a board personality? When you post do people expect you to do certain things? I know that I certainly have. People think that when I post threads, that they are mindless drivel. WEll, you may think that, but there is truly a method to my madness. Believe it or not. Is everyone going to understand me? Nope. Oh well. But I can certainly try right?

Look at some people, their personalities shine through, and they are always referred to as the same thing. For example OAS, he always makes sex jokes, and people always joke about him being old. Grumpy, he's always pissed off, and posts like a bull in a china shop, and people make jokes about his mom. K1d, people always think he's trying to piss people off by what he posts. Etc, etc, etc. There's a list I could make for just about everyone. Maybe you like this personality, but I think that alot of people have been falsely expected to do certain things.

Here's what I propose. Let's try for a few days to be someone else. No, not post as a different member. But be YOU. Don't act like you normally do becasue people expect it. Don't act that way because you're on a message board. Let's see the real you for a few days. I'd like to see you all give this a try. I want to see a whole new message board of people here now.

I know theres alot of you that are real, but still, you have something about you that people go back to to poke fun, stuff thats not true, but was made up along the way. For some of you, this is going to be hard to do, but for others, it may be a refreshing start.

Lets see what happens...
Sir believe me, I know sex and it is no joke! Confusedneak:
Well, let me see:

I'm not old, and no one makes fun of me for being old

I'm not a pot head, and no one thinks I'm a pot head

I'm not gay, no one thinks I enjoy Maynard in my poop chute

I'm not angry, no one expects me to incite riots

I think this game doesn't work for me...I'm what you guys see here, no more, no less
i have no personality....thus then...i dont have to participate.
Yes Doc, I realize that. There are some people here that don't have certain recurring jokes about them. In that case, continue on.

But see what I mean? OAS couldnt even respond to this thread without make the same old tired joke about himself.
Maynard,
I will try, But:
I am basically a guy who likes to laugh, will joke and look for a laugh often.
I am a good guy, empathetic, and like to flirt.
I am fairly thin skinned and enjoy the dish out more than taking it.......
am I not getting this across???
this isnt mindless drivel?

:-D
<marquee><table style=filter:glow(color=cornflowerblue)>I AM WE TODD DID. I AM SOFA KING WE TODD DID!!</table></marquee>

i am a good hearted person yet a ball busting prick.
I wouldn't know where to start with this. I post what pops in my head, regardless of whether it is indicitave of my personality or not. I have no idea what people expect of me, so that doesn't concern me. So......yea
Sex is the root of all evil! You will go blind if you keep that up. There, is that better? Rolleyes
Same here..there are no TOG jokes about me. I don't really have a posting "style"..I just put down whatever pops into my head at the time.
Quote:Don't act that way because you're on a message board. Let's see the real you for a few days. I'd like to see you all give this a try. I want to see a whole new message board of people here now.

What I am on the board I am in real life......I don't know if I can do anything different than what I am doing now. :clueless:
Lets see if i can help maynard out here....lets change this to posting a pic that best describes your personality.....i'll go first..

[Image: HalloweenInfoMental.jpg]
You know.....this board has always been for the posters. The mods have ALWAYs tried to just let this place run itself. We have basically let you run wild and do what you want with very little intervention.

So a mod trying to make a suggestion to make some changes here and make this place a little more fun I guess just won't work.

Carry on people.
**i never get it**

Edited By Arpikarhu on May 01 2002 at 1:18
What's fun for you isn't neccesarily fun for everyone else.
I agree with Kid Afrika's complaint about something.
Wait, since when did I ask you to give us your life story?

Deek!

Do you ever get it Arpi? :disappointed:
Quote:I agree with Kid Afrika's complaint about something.

they still dont have enough equal rites?
Quote:Do you ever get it Arpi?
your words cut me deeply.:-(
Pages: 1 2 3 4