CDIH

Full Version: Awful covers.... - ...or verse visa.....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
What music/song do you like or dislike that has been covered by another artist?

Kenny Wayne Shepard Band should have been shot for even attempting Dylan's "Everything Is Broken".....what were they thinking? :crackhead:

Now, I know that there are alot of bands/artists that covered Dylan's music and they may have done it better.....but, they just ruined "Everything's Broken"....... BLAHHHH!
O-Town does Steve Miller's "The Joker" in concert. That's all.
Everything Project Pseudo plays.
Brother Joe should never ever ever be allowed to play Pink Floyd again.
am i the only person who actually likes most cover songs? i love to hear other people play other peoples music, just to see how they want it to be heard. does that make any sense? nope..didn't think so. i need coffee:clueless:
Oh...VG....speaking of coffee and music:
I was on my way to class the other night and I stopped in a small coffee shop. I get my coffee...blah blah blah....I notice this wonderful music that they have on...I ask who it is....It's Ani DiFranco (sp?). I thought of you.... I would love to get some of her stuff....can you suggest an album for an Ani beginner?
White people are so scared of black people.
Quote:White people are so scared of black people.

they bulldoze out to the country
and put up houses on little loop-dee-loop streets
and while america gets its heart cut right out of its chest
the berlin wall still runs down main street
separating east side from west
and nothing is stirring, not even a mouse
in the boarded-up stores and the broken-down houses
so they hang colorful banners off all the street lamps
just to prove they got no manners
no mercy and no sense

oh and luna you'll have a PM in a minute
:-D
i've recently become aware of a cover of when doves cry. apparently it's by patty smith (smythe?) i think she might've mistaken it for when doves die. it could well be one of the most god awful things i've ever heard in my life. and yet, there it is, coming out of some speaker within hearing distance of my ears. i was not amused. :crackhead:
Sweet Child O' Mine - Sheryl Crow
Matthew Ryan covering standard lines :lol:
theSTART covered breed by nirvana when they opened at a weezer concert. they have a female lead singer and well, it was just awful. they were really bad in general, but this was the topper.
Quote:Matthew Ryan covering standard lines

See, now that WOULD be funny IF Matthew Ryan covered it, but he didn't. That was a band called "The Blue".

Dashboard Confessional covering themselves -- Same songs on 2 consecutive LPs Undecided

Screaming Infidelities & Again I Go Unnoticed :fuckoff: :-p

Edited By SLASH on May 25 2002 at 9:33
LOL whoops...i wish i had your ironclad memory SLASH :rofl:

and the reason he put those songs out again are because the versions on SAR were from his demo, they rerecorded it when he put out a more major release :-p

Edited By criticslovesnatch on May 25 2002 at 9:33
I actually like most covers. I too like to hear another person's interpretation of other people's songs.
"Im A Believer" by Smashmouth, didn't like it the first time when the Monkees did it either.
Papa Roach covered a Nirvana song a few years ago on MTV on New Years Eve....it was TERRIBLE!
Quote:O-Town does Steve Miller's "The Joker" in concert. That's all.
you are sooooooooo gay!!

there's a cover band, rock kandi, they suck serious ass. they are truely the worst cover band ever.
Quote:I actually like most covers. I too like to hear another person's interpretation of other people's songs.
I did say Vice versa...verse vica.....post some you really like.... Undecided
C'mon....now...."All Along the Watchtower" done by Jimi Hendrix.... that was definitely great...no?
I'm sorry but Brian Kirk and The Jerks are just horrendous. The guy has been covering the same 20 songs for the past 8 years and they all stink.

Lifespeed and Gotham are pretty damn good tho.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5