CDIH

Full Version: Do you vote; do you care? - Attempt at a semi-serious topic
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
OK, today is election day, and it brings this thought to mind -

Do you vote? do you think your vote counts for anything?

This is a time when most americans don't appreciate what they've got. voter turnouts are always low, and yet this may be one of our most important rights.

I understand that it is easy to feel disenfranchised. The feeling that nothing changes has been with us forever (Meet the new boss; same as the old boss). And yet, short of revolution, this is our only chance to try and change anything.

I personally try and vote each year. I do my best to find out who is for what, especially for important local offices (since all politics is local). If my candidate is on multiple party lines, I even consciously choose which line I place my vote on, in the foolhardy attempt to show what I support.

thoughts people?
i didnt register...i kinda forgot i was old enough. next year maybe.
I vote. :fuggin:
Quote:I vote.

Green Party, or Legalization of Marijuana Party? :firebounce:
I am registered to vote. However I don't really have the time to vote today. I work til 3:30, Class at 4:00 - 10:00. Plus it's snowing like a bitch so I will probably be late to class as it is.
Quote:However I don't really have the time to vote today
a good citizen would make time.
jack is a terrorist
Remind me again as to why I was nice and let you out? :fuckoff:
I vote, though I find it increasingly difficult to do so simply due to the choices I'm given when I step into the booth.
Quote:Legalization of Marijuana Party
:fuggin:
yes
democrats down the line today
I just voted

It was'nt that exciting
Quote:Quote
However I don't really have the time to vote today

a good citizen would make time.
Today I have a class at night, so I went before work.

IMO, voting for bugs bunny is better than not voting at all.

Silent majority doesn't get what it wants; they leave it for the vocal minorities to dictate policy.
Quote:I just voted

It was'nt that exciting
You should've brought some blueberry creme with you to make it a more pleasant experience.

Edited By goatweed on 1036520063
I used to vote a couple of years ago, but once I started moving from state to state, I just didn't have the knowledge on what was going on in my area. Probably, if I stay around where I am, I would vote. But honestly, there are so many pieces of shit that are running for office, that Skip, the dog down the street, would be a better candidate. Murdering interns, cheating spouses, cum-shots to the face, just doesn't seem to fit into politics. Well, the cumshot, maybe, but you know what I mean. I will run for office some day... Dictator. Dictator Slug. What do you think? That has a nice ring to it...

Dictator Slug, yeah, that's the ticket!
I'm voting -
If you don't vote, you can't complain

Ted Glick, Green Party, for Senate
Raymond Byrne, Libertarian Party, for Representative
Quote:Silent majority doesn't get what it wants; they leave it for the vocal minorities to dictate policy.

This is true. I just simply do not have the means to make it to the place where I am a registered voter. It just ain't gonna happen. The roads are shit and it takes me 25 minutes on good roads to get from work to class. It's not that I just don't want to vote, I can't. I had to be to work at 7 this morning... When the polls open.. I get out of class at 10... When the polls close.
I understand Dude.
Quote:If you don't vote, you can't complain

Yup :thumbs-up:
Edit: Fucker... Quit Editing.

Edited By Jack on 1036520412
I will be voting for Ted Glick, Green Party for Senate.
And whatever Libertarian is running in my area. Anything else I don't know yet. It's either Rep. or Dem. Maybe I'll just vote for myself.
Pages: 1 2 3 4