CDIH

Full Version: What music have you bought lately?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
OK, so my CD buying habit hasn't slowed. I still spend WAY too much every week on new music. People from here have been influencing my buying lately. And so far it's all good things.

Fu Manchu - California Crossing
Queens of the Stone Age - Rated R
Queens of the Stone Age - QOTSA
Fugazi - 13 Songs
Fugazi - Red Medicine
Chemical Borthers - Come With Us

I think I'm forgetting a few. BAH!

How about you?
I have been influenced from some unamed person around here myself. He made me see the sign, and when I saw the sign, I bought the sign. Woo Hoo, right now I am singing the sign.
SLASH Wrote:I have been influenced from some unamed person around here myself. He made me see the sign, and when I saw the sign, I bought the sign. Woo Hoo, right now I am singing the sign.
Sean will be so happy to hear that. He loves spreading the gospel of Abba 2.
Hi, my name is Kelly and I also have a problem buying too much music...

Recent purchases, all really good!
<li>Dream Theater - Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
<li>Fu Manchu - California Crossing (King of the Road is still the best)
<li>Soundgarden - Badmotorfinger (to replace a long lonst copy)
<li>Sigur Ros - Ágætis Byrjun (gorgeous, entrancing music, Icelandic band..not what I normally liten to but I picked it up on a whim and was pleasantly surprised)
<li>Ween - White Pepper (although I'm having a little trouble getting into this one)
Spit I thought we were supposed to download commercial music? (Dream Theater, Fu Manchu, Soundgarden, Sigur Ros, Ween all fall into the commercial category in my opinion)

Anyhow, I am a real leech I will admit. I can't remember the last CD I bought. I'm all about burning my own ever since I discovered the numerous sources of mp3s all over the net years back.

I've downloaded...

A few tracks off Weezer.com that will be appearing on their upcoming album.

The new Nas Stillmatic

The Icarus Line (buddyhead.com turned me on to them)

Jack Kerouac spoken words including a reading of Dharma Bums.

Radiohead: I Might Be Wrong: Live Recordings

Paul McCartney's Driving Rain

Incubus's Morning View

and The Stroke's Is This It
Quote:Soundgarden - Badmotorfinger (to replace a long lonst copy)
I d/l'd that last night from someone, I have been in a Soundgarden mood lately cause people have been posting that they've been listening to it alot. It was to replace a stolen copy.

Quote:Sigur Ros - Ágætis Byrjun (gorgeous, entrancing music, Icelandic band..not what I normally liten to but I picked it up on a whim and was pleasantly surprised)
Is this not THE most wonderful album?? I wish I could find their other albums (von, Von brigði) in the US, but havent been able to find them in any stores. And ACK! I can't order them online. So I may just have to suffer.

Quote:Ween - White Pepper (although I'm having a little trouble getting into this one)
I am teh big tyme ween fan! I too am not crazy about this album. I like their earlier stuff much better (when they were huffing Scotch Guard all the time). This album was a little too Beatles-esque for me.
One of my favorite all time albums though is from them, Chocolate and Cheese. If you don't have that, you really need to get it. It's just an amazing album.

EDIT -
Quote:Spit I thought we were supposed to download commercial music? (Dream Theater, Fu Manchu, Soundgarden, Sigur Ros, Ween all fall into the commercial category in my opinion)
So tell me how Fu Manchu and Ween fall into the commercial category?
<font color=FEFEFE>

Edited By Maynard on Feb. 12 2002 at 11:56
Ween rocks.

C&C is their best work, Voodoo Lady and Freedom Of '76 being my favorite tracks.

Those guys are some funny mothers.

EDIT - Ween cause Elektra is a major label and alot of people know who Ween is. Ok Fu Manchu at least is indy, but hot and pretty popular with you hipsters.

Edited By Keyser Soze on Feb. 12 2002 at 12:02
Keyser Soze Wrote:Ween rocks.

C&C is their best work, Voodoo Lady and Freedom Of '76 being my favorite tracks.

Those guys are some funny mothers.
Without a doubt.

If you're interested, remind me tonight. I have a great live bootleg from them from when the C&C album came out. Its got some really good stuff on there, including some early versions of The Mollusk tracks. I can rip it to MP3 and send it to ya.
I'll hit you up on AIM this evening. We can swap some tracks.
Quote:Spit I thought we were supposed to download commercial music? (Dream Theater, Fu Manchu, Soundgarden, Sigur Ros, Ween all fall into the commercial category in my opinion)
I don't download too much at all...I like having the complete album with liner notes for my immense cd collection...anyway, these guys are most deserving of my support Smile Plus, just because a band's on a major label, doesn't mean that they're completely mainstream.

Quote:RE: Sigur Ros
Is this not THE most wonderful album??
HA! I figured you had it Big Grin

Maynard, this was my first foray into the wacky world of Ween. I dl'd a bunch of songs that I liked, esp. Weed Whore :fuggin: I will defintiely check out C&C...and if you don't have it, get Fu's King of the Road, their best! (even though California Crossing will break them to mainstream)
Quote:Queens of the Stone Age - Rated R
Queens of the Stone Age - QOTSA
So which one did you dig more? They pretty much have completely different sounds but both are amazing! I'll have to make you a copy of the QOTSA/Beaver split EP one of these days...

Edited By Spitfire on Feb. 12 2002 at 12:07
I just picked up QOTSA yesterday so I only listed to it once. Rated R I've had for a few weeks and listened to it maybe a dozen or so times. It just effin rocks.
We share a taste for QOTSA as well. They rock indeed.

I'm checking out Dream Theater right now. Nice guitar melodies. "The Great Debate" about stem cell research. Not really too hard to grasp, pretty music.

Edited By Keyser Soze on Feb. 12 2002 at 2:33
Maynard Wrote:Fugazi - 13 Songs
Fugazi - Red Medicine
Fugazi are GODS. Bar none there is none better than Fugazi. Though you should check out Steady Diet of Nothing, and Repeater as well. Amazing albums.
AdolescentMasturbator Wrote:
Maynard Wrote:Fugazi - 13 Songs
Fugazi - Red Medicine
Fugazi are GODS. Bar none there is none better than Fugazi. Though you should check out Steady Diet of Nothing, and Repeater as well. Amazing albums.
Have em both. I listen to Steady Diet alot. Go back through the pages of "What are you listening to". Big Grin
Good to know I'm not the only fugazi addict.
Bought a few new CD's today.

Peach gb - Giving Birth To A Stone
Justin Chancellor's(bassist for Tool) original band. NO THIS DOES NOT SOUND LIKE TOOL. But it's a pretty good album so far.

Ramones - It's Alive
Replacing a lost/stolen copy. This is probably one of the best live albums ever made.

Portishead - Dummy
This is one of those great albums that I never actually bought.

Give Em The Boot III
Compelation put out by Hellcat Records. Hey, it was only $4 so there's no way you can go wrong. 21 loud rowdy punk/hardcore for $4. NICE!
The last CD that I bought was The Sheila Divine "Where Have All My Countrymen Gone?" which came out roughly 6 months ago.

I am the reason that Napster got shut down.
Newest purchases

Gorillaz - G Sides
(Sean hates this album. He thinks it's weird.lol.) It's more of the same from the Gorillaz. Remixed tracks. Some good stuff if you like them. If not, pass it by.

Alanis Morissette - Under Rug Swept
I've only been able to listen to this album once through, but I really liked it. I didn't buy Former Infatuation Junkie, so I don't know how this compares to that, but this is a total left turn from Jagged Little Pill, that's for sure. Again, I LOVE the female singers.

And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead - Source Tags & Codes
OK, so I picked this album up at the store to give it a listen because I liked the name of the band. I took a quick listen and dug it. I've never heard of this band before yesterday, and when I saw this on the new release rack, I thought they were a new band. This is actually their 3rd album. So far I really like it. They use alot of fuzzed out distorted guitars. I would say they sound like a cross between some of the less punk emo bands, and Radiohead.
Well I finally went out and finally bought POD and the newest STP cds. I dunno why i always wait so long after the albums come out to actually get em. Just a habit.
i recently bought the "best of"s of both hendirx and billy joel
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6