CDIH

Full Version: Marriage. bah!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
OK, so this is mainly a question for those of you that are, or were married. But I guess it could also be for anyone in a long term relationship as well. Would you get married again?

I am STILL going through my divorce, and it fucking blows major red mandrill monkey ass. It really sucks that you put so much time and effort into a relationship with someone, thinking that you're building a life together. Then all of a sudden all that work is thrown out the window.

I've been seperated for 18 months now, and it still sucks to think about. I guess it probably always will. Luckily the divorce will be final (hopefully) by the end of this month, then I may finally get some peace?

As of right now, I have no desire to get married again. I guess if I found the right woman then I may feel differently, who knows. But right now, I know I don't want to ever have to deal with THIS pain again.
Maynard Wrote:As of right now, I have no desire to get married again. I guess if I found the right woman then I may feel differently, who knows. But right now, I know I don't want to ever have to deal with THIS pain again.
What about your "thing" with Arpi? doesn't that count for something? :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer:

I think marriage for me would ruin my entire life at this point. I have had my share of long relationships and I just grow to hate after a while. I can't seem to stop myself from eventualy hating the person I am with. Not that I have tried not to.
Never was married, but I dated my ex for 6.5 years. Basically were married. Lived together for 5 and a half of those years. I do sometime want to get married, but not anytime soon.
As for another long term relationship?? I have cold feet. I get scared of anyone that could be a potential thing..I mean more than a friendship relationship, because I don't want to be hurt or go through everything bad like before.
BeckyDC Wrote:As for another long term relationship?? I have cold feet. I get scared of anyone that could be a potential thing..I mean more than a friendship relationship, because I don't want to be hurt or go through everything bad like before.
I hear that....although my last few "relationships" haven't lasted very long, I have had two serious relationships in my life, both which burned me BAD. As scared as I am to get hurt again, I know how easily I can get consumed by someone when it feels right....so I'm just waiting for that moment to happen again....in person. I think if I had went through a divorce, it would take me a long time to get back into the dating game again, but its kinda hard to give up on love when its all we really want deep down.
i was married for 7 years. i have been seperated for over 2. we contested nothing, we are still friends, but the fucking court system in this town still refuses to give us a divorce. they keep denying it for trivial reasons and we have to keep filing. ponderous. as to getting married again, no thanks, once was enough.
Quote:I know how easily I can get consumed by someone when it feels right....
Right on sista. I havent been on "a date" ever..and especially since March 3rd of last year...that would be nice...lol
Marriage and being "in love" is over ratted in my book.
Brokenjaw Wrote:Marriage and being "in love" is over ratted in my book.
I don't know about the marriage part but tis better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all.
Quote:over ratted
really. and exactly what's that mean?? :p

Quote:tis better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all.
I agree. It's a very strong emotion, and to feel it at least one time in your life is absolutely incredible.

Edited By BeckyDC on Feb. 19 2002 at 12:55
Keyser Soze Wrote:I don't know about the marriage part but tis better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all.
I have been "In Love" before, but as I have gotten older I have realised that being "In Love" is more of an idea then an actuall thing. I love people, I love some more then others, but to say I was "In Love" with them, well I don't think that is possible. I just think for some, they are more in love with the fact of being "In Love" then actually carring for another persons wants and needs.
Quote:I don't know about the marriage part but tis better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all.
very deep.some asshole always ends up saying that to you right after you get your heart broken and all you want to do is kick in his teeth.
BeckyDC Wrote:
Quote:over ratted
really. and exactly what's that mean?? :p
you should have leared by now...bj spells everything right as often as i use proper grammar
BeckyDC Wrote:
Quote:tis better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all.
I agree. It's a very strong emotion, and to feel it at least one time in your life is absolutely incredible.
Sometimes I wonder after it ends if it was ever really love....I'd kinda like to think that the times I thought I was in love was not really love...it was just the strongest stage of liking that exists. The thought that you can really be in love and lose it scares me more than anything.
Arpikarhu Wrote:
Quote:I don't know about the marriage part but tis better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all.
very deep.some asshole always ends up saying that to you right after you get your heart broken and all you want to do is kick in his teeth.
AMEN!
PollyannaFlower46 Wrote:The thought that you can really be in love and lose it scares me more than anything.
But, but, I though tyou were in :loveya: with god and was going ot have his baby. :bouncer:
Brokenjaw Wrote:But, but, I though tyou were in :loveya: with god and was going ot have his baby. :bouncer:
:pissed: hush
Arpikarhu Wrote:
well i've had my heart broken more times than i can count and i still believe in that philosophy. i'm not going to stop looking for someone who makes me really happy just cause i've been hurt before. i won't give the people who broke my heart that satisfaction.
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :fucking: :fucking: :blow: :roflmao: :fuggin:
Quote:The thought that you can really be in love and lose it scares me more than anything.

Yes, me too!! Because no matter how hard you want them, it's not up to me. They have to decide their own lives.
Quote:I think if I had went through a divorce, it would take me a long time to get back into the dating game again,
Actually, I was able to date again without holding the new person responsible for my ex's actions.

Here's the thing. After going through marriage once, I can now point my finger at things I like or dislike in a person. I am comfortable enough with myself now that I can make the decision to be alone instead of being with the wrong person just because they are a warm body.
Pages: 1 2 3