CDIH

Full Version: The Benitez Problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
The Mets need to stop giving the old "he's our guy and we will stand by him" routine. They're giving him way too many passes. Its beyond the point where you can forgive the guy for his past problems and its time to seriously consider other options. What are their options? Not many. Stanton is not suited for a closer role and he has been shaky at best in his own appearances thus far. What kind of market is there for closers in the league? Anyone who has a closer is sure not to relinquish them, they are far too valuable a commodity. The Mets would have to trade some serious scratch to get back a quality closer.

What the fuck are the Mets to do?
closer by committee.

The Red Sox have proven that this is a very effective way to run a bullpen.

Last 13 innings. 1 run 6 hits 1 walk.
Pray to God Franco gets better, and maybe see if they can use Cerda as a closer. On another note, if Shinjo had been in Centerfield on Saturday, he wouldn't have misjudged that ball and the Mets may not have lost that game. Cedeno sux....
Cedeno sucks big time. so does Burnitz. Benitez is just in a rut.. he will climb out of it. Franco won't be the closer when he comes back.. he will be a set up man because he sucks as a closer..
Shoot Mo Vaughn.
i threw my marker at the television and almost cracked the glass when cendeno misplayed that ball. i was so fucking pissed. when i realized he was in the game, i was livid that he was still playing.
Steve Phillips may not be GM much longer.
Stop being a Mets fan...that'd be a good move for you I think...
ill always be a Mets fan, i been through worse than this. Piazza can't hit this poorly all year, but then again Burnitz can't stay this hot either.
I miss Bobby V. :banana:
Bobby V was good for entertainment value, and I think he truly was passionate about winning. He wore his emotions on his sleeve and spoke his mind to the media and his players which is admirable but doesnt make for a good "player's manager"
I was a Met fan when I was younger, because all my friends were Met fans. Then I started to grow up and I realized I needed to stop being a crowd follower and strike out (no pun intended) on my own. So I scanned the league and saw the light. The Yankees have been my team since.
What year did you make the switch?
the problem is clear
you're Metz fan
expect this type of bullshit
it won't stop
thats what we used to tell you yankee fans in the 80s.
I changed trains when I was around 9 or 10 which would be 1992 or 1993. In terms of being from NY and supporting my teams. I am a Yankee fan first but I'd rather see the mets win than anyone else in that half of the league. I cheer for the Braves in post season because if they make it to the World Series I could possibly get tickets in addition to the Mets either not making it or not going very far when they get to the post season.
I have been a Yankee fan since the early 80's. Don Mattingly is still my favorite player. I only wanted the Mets to win one series in my lifetime. That was against the team I hate the most of any sport, the 1986 World Series. Even though I hate the Mets I love seeing the Red Sox being miserable.
I loved Donny Baseball too. So sad he never got a ring.
I love Donny Baseball too, even as a Mets fan, its tragic he never got a ring or was even on many decent yankee teams in his career. Making the switch in 92/93 makes you a suspect bandwagon yankee fan, the worst kind. I respect yankee fans and the yankees in general because you can't deny their dominance but the fans that have no knowledge of yankee history and just root for them cause they win is just sad.

From this weeks Sportsline Mets Scouting Report...

SCOUTING REPORT

Calling for the head of RHP Armando Benitez is not a solution. Calling
for more breaking pitches is a better idea.

Benitez blew four of his first nine save chances -- all of them in
one-run games -- causing a firestorm among Mets fans.

Benitez isn't going anywhere for now. His 97-mph fastball is a big
weapon, though it's straight. When Benitez falls behind, he tends to
I was 9 or 10. How was I supposed to know about the bandwagon? I watched a few games, got some Yankee players cards and went to my first Yankee game and I was hooked.
Pages: 1 2 3 4