Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stompin Tom and Red Sovine
Why do these two giants of the music industry, nay Show Legends, not have their own thread yet ?

Well now I Titan have corrected that injustice.

Please discuss how much you love their music!

http://www.redsovine.com/
Wowie Groovie !
Honestly, i never knew Stompin' Tom, but I was brought up with old truck driving song records, and I always liked Red Sovine. Dont forget Dick Curlless and CW McCall
I have never heard of either of them. I don't get to listen to much of the show anymore with my work hours. Who the eff are they?
airhornahole Wrote:I have never heard of either of them. I don't get to listen to much of the show anymore with my work hours. Who the eff are they?

If you were to distill Metallica's Black Album down to it's very essence and multiply that with Jimmy Page's pure Rock Godhood, THEN add that to Bruce Springsteens epic showmanship, you would still only have one tenth of a percent of the awesome that is Red Sovine and Stompin Tom.

my stepfather owend about 12 records in the 70s and they were all George Jones, Tammy Wynette and Red Sovines best of album, all of which would get played non stop every saturday morning
Wowie Groovie !
ashleykme Wrote:Honestly, i never knew Stompin' Tom, but I was brought up with old truck driving song records, and I always liked Red Sovine. Dont forget Dick Curlless and CW McCall

Do you know anything about CW McCall's second career ?
Wowie Groovie !
I know that he was an advertising person, CW McCall was just a character he created. His real name is Bill Fries. His partner, Chip Davis started Manheim Steamroller. I may have a few details messed up, but I really did say all that from memory haha

I edited it because I called him Glenn Fries. I must have thought he was an Eagle
Yeah Mannheim Steamroller is what I was getting at. How the heck you go from Convoy to Mannheim is beyond my ability to comprehend.

Steamroller put out an American Patriotic CD a few years ago and did a Steamrolleresque remix of Convoy.
Wowie Groovie !
well, The whole CW McCall stuff was just a gimmick anyway. Its funny if I have a date or something and my ipod is going and something pops up like Classified, or Tombstone Every Mile.... I always get some funny looks