Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oops
This weekend I have an event where I need to create my own replica umpire uniform. Last week I went and got a cheap polo t-shirt, and yesterday evening I went to go get some fabric paint.

After I got out of work, I went over to Michael's. Because I'm a man, I like to keep my time spent in Michael's to a bare minimum. I walked in, quickly went straight back to the fabric paints, and glanced at the colors.

I needed red and white paint, saw them, grabbed them, and headed over to the registers. After dinner, I began to paint the shirt. As I started using the white paint, I noticed there was glitter in it. "Oh well," I thought to myself, "It could be worse. The paint is white, so the glitter shouldn't show up too much."

This morning I woke up and went out to see how the paint did overnight. "It" certainly is worse!

[Image: 2847435503_ba40cc312e.jpg]

[Image: 2847436519_8dedf75092.jpg]

The paint didn't dry white- it's a clearish/blue hue! And the glitter is very visible! Next time I'm reading the labels before I buy the paint...
No one at the game will give you any grief about it at all. None.

Oh boy, this is going to be great!
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Oh, it's being repainted, believe you that.
potthole Wrote:Oh, it's being repainted, believe you that.

Wuss, be a man and own your sparkly failure !
Wowie Groovie !
A real man would be secure enough to wear a sparkling green shirt to sporting event. You, my friend, must be afraid of being called "gay". Maybe it hits to close to home? Smile
is this for halloween? I don't know gay sex turns but you could be a '3rd base ump'
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:is this for halloween? I don't know gay sex turns but you could be a '3rd base ump'

Howie, you just created a new sex term, you need to define it, and try to include Potthole in the definition please.
Wowie Groovie !
Just buy a new shirt... you should absolutely save that one for a work Christmas Party or something along those lines.
The shirt is so goofy looking. Sorry, but glitter is glitter and doesn't look right on guys.
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:is this for halloween? I don't know gay sex turns but you could be a '3rd base ump'

This is an annual event that friends of ours have been doing since college. Potthole and I are umpires.

One day back in the early 90's while at GVSU these guys put together an impromptu baseball game. They all took blank tshirts and used markers to make them into major league uniforms. They used a reinforced wiffleball bat and tennis balls and played a game. Once a year these guys all get together and play two games while drinking a lot of beer and having a cook out. It's really a great deal of fun and if anyone would like to come watch you're more than welcome to come.

The league website:

http://moonbaseballleague.com/default.asp
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Pictures from last year's event

http://moonbaseballleague.com/photo/phot...asp?p=1051
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
It's pretty! You should save it for "dress-up"!!
Admin Wrote:Pictures from last year's event

http://moonbaseballleague.com/photo/phot...asp?p=1051

Wow the homemade shirts are awesome.

Did I see a pic of you having to stretch out a leg cramp??

It looked like you guys had ten tons of fun!!
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
Queenie Wrote:Wow the homemade shirts are awesome.

Did I see a pic of you having to stretch out a leg cramp??

It looked like you guys had ten tons of fun!!

1. All of those are custom made with paint pens and sharpies

2. No, no stretching from me

3. It's really a fun time. This will be my 4th year umpiring.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
lokizilla Wrote:The shirt is so goofy looking. Sorry, but glitter is glitter and doesn't look right on guys.

...Which is why I've said I'm repainting it. That, and the fact that the piping is supposed to be white.
[quote author=potthole board=bs thread=1742 post=35266 time=1221151975
...Which is why I've said I'm repainting it. That, and the fact that the piping is supposed to be white.[/quote]

Piping??? What the eff is piping??? Are you sure you aren't going to wear the glitter shirt??? ;D
I figured I'd get busted for the piping comment.
We have an annual bowling day at our firm. Last year I went out and bought plain red t-shirts and drew in black sharpie on them. Everybody got a kick out of them and I think we will see more shirts this year. I'll have to try and find a picture of me and my teammate.
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
potthole Wrote:I figured I'd get busted for the piping comment.

Yes....you are currently under suspicion for know what piping is.......

(btw....what the hell is piping?)
Quote of the Day:
"I'm here working for the people. I'm causing dissent, stirring the pot, getting people to question the whole rotten system." - George Costanza
dino Wrote:
potthole Wrote:I figured I'd get busted for the piping comment.

Yes....you are currently under suspicion for know what piping is.......

This is coming from the guy who didn't know what a yamsack is?
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Admin Wrote:
dino Wrote:Yes....you are currently under suspicion for know what piping is.......

This is coming from the guy who didn't know what a yamsack is?

I'm guessing that piping is not in the same league as yamsack therefore your argument is invalid. Come on Biff...you can come up with something better than that!

I am glad to not know what piping is and not be under suspicion! Smile
Quote of the Day:
"I'm here working for the people. I'm causing dissent, stirring the pot, getting people to question the whole rotten system." - George Costanza
Sports guys know what piping is because it's the "stripes" on professional sports uniforms.

Homo.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Piping is something gays do. Either Fashion wise or together....
On the serious side, piping is used in cooking and fashion.....which sometimes have great results....unlike the shirt....
I had no idea figure skating had refs.
http://moonbaseballleague.com/photo/phot...asp?p=1157

Pictures from this year's event. It was pouring rain the whole time. The field was soaked. We stood in mud the whole time and it was cold. The effwad who was supposed to bring the food no-showed.

I can't wait until next year!
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
I didn't realize that this was cowboy baseball gay camp. Looks like you guys had a good time!!

[Image: MBL_2008__17_.jpg]
"Sir, You need to get out of your car, there is a train comming."
"Why ummm... uhhh did you ummm... feel the need to errrrr, god why can't I type!!"
It was wretched near the end, a couple of hours of standing in the wind and rain finally got to me, but aside from that it was a blast.
I'm just wondering.... The 9.99 Cowboy Steak, is that a menu item at a restaurant, or a special type of lap dance at the all male strip club where you went for beers after the game ?
Wowie Groovie !

howie, you need to copy write that. it was awesome.

don't fret about the shirt potthole. it will make a hilarious conversation piece where ever you are going. people will find it funny!
THE EVER LOVING JAYDETHESPAZ
Wow, that previous post/quote/reply only came a whole three weeks after the comment she was quoting!

I never was fretting about the shirt. I was laughing my ass off the whole time, and figured it was funny enough to share here.