Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whats the story on the into song from bob and tom?
You know that song that they play in the intro with that guy on the banjo who is singing a song about FBHW and then at the end you can hear the classic bob and tom laugh. Was that a segment where bob and tom were mocking FBHW?
Who really cares? This is a board where we all like them. Not a board where we want to talk about that group.
I have actually wondered about that myself.

I can't tell if it's a joke or not.
the guy singing was a comedian. the guys used to have comedians on the show during the 10:00 am segment. the dude was performing at dr. grins that night...he used his guitar in his act and made a song for fb/hw.
kevinjaymes Wrote:the guy singing was a comedian. the guys used to have comedians on the show during the 10:00 am segment. the dude was performing at dr. grins that night...he used his guitar in his act and made a song for fb/hw.

OK, I was just confused by the bob and tom laughter. Good work!
Yeah, I like all the other openings, but that douche singing kind of bugs me
GAHHH!!! IT'S HORRIFYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3013/2956...9d.jpg?v=0

Can't get the image to load, so here's a link. You have all probably seen it already though, and Yes. I like Hayden.
deuchebag Wrote:GAHHH!!! IT'S HORRIFYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't get the image to load, so here's a link. You have all probably seen it already though, and Yes. I like Hayden.

Guy with the moustache looks like one of those handsy uncles who goes fishing a lot and drinks nothing but Budweiser.
ashleykme Wrote:Yeah, I like all the other openings, but that douche singing kind of bugs me

Yeah, I agree. I don't like that one or the one that has far too much Robin Williams in it.
I am the irrepressible dark horse.
Film it. Listen to it. Live it. Love it.

All the best,
The Mayor of Awesometown
yeah i hate that intro too, i cant figure out why they are laughing except to just do the bob and tom treatment to a shitty comedian, which they pride themselves on not doing.

just so we are all on the same page, the song im talking about has the guy signing in a stupid voice:

"ahhhhh free beer ... and hot wings ... in the morning (guys laugh)"
I may be the only one here, but I don't get the hate for Bob and Tom. You don't like them... ok. They are still legends... show some respect to those that do what you do and have done it a lot longer with a lot more listeners. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a Bob and Tom fan really, but it just comes off as very immature and dickish.

With that said... something else that ticked me off was Monday morning when they were talking shit about Bubba The Love Sponge and Howard Stern... honestly? Free Beer and Hot Wings think they hold a candle to either of those legends in radio? It's laughable...

Whatever... not my fight, I'll listen still, just stuff like that comes off badly in my opinion.
yeah i dont get why they love slamming satellite radio so much, and slamming people for having shows there. you think stern really cares that he has less listeners now but could buy an olympic sized swimming pool full of $100 bills? i dont think he minds at all.
They've said they don't hold it against Stern or anyone else for doing satellite radio when they got awesome deals. They just mock satellite radio itself because it was supposed to replace terrestrial radio but is nowhere near that.
The funny thing is, people who have satellite radio very rarely ever come back terrestrial. I for one have Sirius and FB&HW is the only time I listen to regular radio and then I flip back and fourth depending on what's going on in what segment.
wcwchris Wrote:The funny thing is, people who have satellite radio very rarely ever come back terrestrial. I for one have Sirius and FB&HW is the only time I listen to regular radio and then I flip back and fourth depending on what's going on in what segment.

I've actually heard a lot of people that prefer regular radio. There's nothing really special about satellite. After I listen to the free month trial, I had no trouble forgetting about it and switching back to my old channels.
I always thought the song in that intro was a Dylan impression.
I didn't hear the show that it came from but it makes me laugh because it sounds just like early Bob Dylan.
shut the f up. The reason why bob and tom suck is because they are stupid rednecks who laugh all. the. time. at. nothing. Go soak your head, you big stupid baby. Why are you a member of this forum, anyway?
eas4e Wrote:shut the f up. The reason why bob and tom suck is because they are stupid rednecks who laugh all. the. time. at. nothing. Go soak your head, you big stupid baby. Why are you a member of this forum, anyway?

I don't think this was necessary to post, and not a good way to start on the board. Please use common courtesy when posting.

See Dick Post. See Dick Flame. See Dick Get Banned. Don't Be A Dick or a Dickette. Please and Thank you!
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
eas4e Wrote:shut the f up. The reason why bob and tom suck is because they are stupid rednecks who laugh all. the. time. at. nothing. Go soak your head, you big stupid baby. Why are you a member of this forum, anyway?

And eas4e comes out of the gate with both barrels blazing.....which is exactly how we hope that new members would make their first post.

I'm thinking that by post number 4 this person will be asking to leave here
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
I like her style!
Admin Wrote:

And eas4e comes out of the gate with both barrels blazing.....which is exactly how we hope that new members would make their first post.

I love when posters attack a post that has been on the board for over a month.
Awww can't we keep her biff ? She's spunky.
Wowie Groovie !
deuchebag Wrote:GAHHH!!! IT'S HORRIFYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got this ad just now when i looked into this thread, I was thinking to myself "this looks like 2 guys you would expect to see on megans law website."
It matters not how straight the gate, how charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul.
[spoiler]Shit, you took away the black bar. Put it the fuck back now![/spoiler]
Titan ! Wrote:Awww can't we keep her biff ? She's spunky.

She hasn't been banned.