Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hitting the Post
The 'Hitting the post' game is what gave us this gem:

Joe- "Hows it goin' everybody!"
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
Please continue.
OK, I have to weigh in on this...
I started in radio in 1975 at what was then GRD's sister station (Regional Broadcasting) in Muskegon. Back then we played 45's (you know, the little records with the big holes in the middle). EVERY SINGLE record had the "post time" labeled on it, the idea that a jock would instinctively know that for EVERY song was, and still is, rediculous.
Guys, I love your show, and I understand you're trying to help all the interns be better prepared for "real" jobs in radio, but, c'mon, give Pube Face a break.
Give him SOME idea of "go-to's (PSA's, weather, playlist previews, etc.)" he should be relying on in situations like that, don't just throw him under the bus.
After all, radio doesn't need any more Puddin's, Kev's, or Andy O's.
Just my 2 cents-
Thanks again.
Or they could let them wing it and stand by as hilarity ensued.........
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
facelessvoiceme2 Wrote:OK, I have to weigh in on this...
I started in radio in 1975 at what was then GRD's sister station (Regional Broadcasting) in Muskegon. Back then we played 45's (you know, the little records with the big holes in the middle). EVERY SINGLE record had the "post time" labeled on it, the idea that a jock would instinctively know that for EVERY song was, and still is, rediculous.
Guys, I love your show, and I understand you're trying to help all the interns be better prepared for "real" jobs in radio, but, c'mon, give Pube Face a break.
Give him SOME idea of "go-to's (PSA's, weather, playlist previews, etc.)" he should be relying on in situations like that, don't just throw him under the bus.
After all, radio doesn't need any more Puddin's, Kev's, or Andy O's.
Just my 2 cents-
Thanks again.

You've been doing radio since you were in 2nd grade?
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
burnking Wrote:Please continue.

no
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
yes
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Admin Wrote:Or they could let them wing it and stand by as hilarity ensued.........

Agreed.

Whatever you do facelessvoiceme2, make sure you react just like those a-holes that think every segment that mentions politics is an attack on a political party. Everything they do is meant to be a personal attack, they're not shooting for laughs at all.
I get that it was done for laughs...hell, I was laughing my azz off at it! But my point was that the interns are there (as far as I can figure) to actually learn the biz. The "Intern-views" are hilarious, as are most of the interactions between the guys and the various interns. All I was saying is that if PF was given ALL of the tools, he might be OK.
Again, just one ol' stoners opinion-

BTW...I fudged my birth year when I registered on this site, I was a senior in High School in 1975, you can add 10 years to my age if that makes you feel better Biff.
facelessvoiceme2 Wrote:I get that it was done for laughs...hell, I was laughing my azz off at it! But my point was that the interns are there (as far as I can figure) to actually learn the biz. The "Intern-views" are hilarious, as are most of the interactions between the guys and the various interns. All I was saying is that if PF was given ALL of the tools, he might be OK.
Again, just one ol' stoners opinion-

BTW...I fudged my birth year when I registered on this site, I was a senior in High School in 1975, you can add 10 years to my age if that makes you feel better Biff.

No no, I agree, I just gotta take shots where I can. It's in my nature.
I thought "hitting the post", was another Zanism for masturbating.
jus' P Wrote:I thought "hitting the post", was another Zanism for masturbating.

+1
they should make this a new thursday morning game where people call in and give it their best shot after the guys choose a random song. it would be fun.
They named him Pubeface...end of conversation...
They did make that a game once, if I'm not mistaken.
Everyday you reinvent yourself into a bigger cock-shite than ever. It's incredible. I don't know how you do it. I admire you.

I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.
I like the whole trial by fire thing. If Pubeface is serious about becoming a radio guy I'm sure everyone would be glad to teach him for real off the air.
I am the irrepressible dark horse.
Film it. Listen to it. Live it. Love it.

All the best,
The Mayor of Awesometown
mayorofawesometown Wrote:I like the whole trial by fire thing. If Pubeface is serious about becoming a radio guy I'm sure everyone would be glad to teach him for real off the air.

i hope they don't and he fails at radio.
Well, he already fails at life so his future is less than bright.

All the best,
The Mayor of Awesometown
mayorofawesometown Wrote:Well, he already fails at life so his future is less than bright.

Are you just jealous that he's laying way more pipe than you?
Are you running to his defense because you don't want anyone to talk smack about your man?

All the best,
The Mayor of Awesometown
I can't say for sure that most radio is prerecorded now, but I know that a lot of it is. They have programs where you record your little intro to the song and just drag the track so that the end of the audio is at the post of the song. "Hitting the post" is an obsolete skill in modern radio.
Moobs Minger Wrote:I can't say for sure that most radio is prerecorded now, but I know that a lot of it is. They have programs where you record your little intro to the song and just drag the track so that the end of the audio is at the post of the song. "Hitting the post" is an obsolete skill in modern radio.

it's not obsolete. pre-recording is for lazy weekend dj's. real OG's go live.
mayorofawesometown Wrote:Are you running to his defense because you don't want anyone to talk smack about your man?

Are you being defensive because it's true?
Are you?

All the best,
The Mayor of Awesometown
I'm done with this. You can continue with your witty comebacks with someone else. I'm clearly overmatched.
But I was just about to start talking about your mother... Sad

All the best,
The Mayor of Awesometown
Oh, well in that case I'll continue this banter.

You have smelly dog farts.
Your mother is rather rotund and I suspect that you have inherited that unfortunate genetic defect.

All the best,
The Mayor of Awesometown