Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is anyone else getting sick of this?
Ok, so does anyone else get annoyed as hell when you hear the same segment 3 times in 2 days? I get the podcast and listen to the entire show every day. I effing hate it when i have to listen to the Mr. skin segment 3 times in 2 days. I would rather listen to how zane's colon is filled with DEATH, than have to listen the same effing thing over and over and over and over and over and over again.
I don't mind that much bc I just fast forward if it's not something I want to listen to a second time. I'm more irked by the fact that there was a skipped/duplicate segment on the podcast monday, and no 16h segment yesterday or today. That's like 10 minutes at work that I have nothing to amuse myself with!
Humans are not rational beings, they are rationalizing
Practice safe sex, do it in a Volvo ___________ "Shut up", he explained.
Torque Wrote:I don't mind that much bc I just fast forward if it's not something I want to listen to a second time. I'm more irked by the fact that there was a skipped/duplicate segment on the podcast monday, and no 16h segment yesterday or today. That's like 10 minutes at work that I have nothing to amuse myself with!

EXACTLY!
Yeah, it's easy to skip, I dont mind that, I kind of feel bad that listen to the show from start to finish everyday
They re-aired the segment with Mr. Skin? I heard it live when they talked to him and didn't think it was anything too impressive. Why the hell would they air it twice after that? We are 50 some odd days from an election, there's plenty of material right there. Unless Zane's sphincter loosened up and they needed to fill time while he was pushing brown.
it seems like the show lacks effort lately. the same shit everday
Torque Wrote:I don't mind that much bc I just fast forward if it's not something I want to listen to a second time. I'm more irked by the fact that there was a skipped/duplicate segment on the podcast monday, and no 16h segment yesterday or today. That's like 10 minutes at work that I have nothing to amuse myself with!

Definitely. It sucks when people who pay for the podcast get gipped on a segment or two. It seems like it happens at least once a week. You'd think they'd get enough e-mails complaining about it that Zane would go back and add those segments.

Replaying a segment doesn't bother me much. It's especially good when they add more commentary before/after the replay. I understand that sometimes there are really good segments and not everyone can listen to all five hours.
I am the irrepressible dark horse.
Film it. Listen to it. Live it. Love it.

All the best,
The Mayor of Awesometown
There is a 75% chance I'm moving to within 30 min of GR. I hereby offer my services to properly load the podcast each day. They can pay me in breakfast or something.
Humans are not rational beings, they are rationalizing
Practice safe sex, do it in a Volvo ___________ "Shut up", he explained.
wingospagettio Wrote:They re-aired the segment with Mr. Skin? I heard it live when they talked to him and didn't think it was anything too impressive. Why the hell would they air it twice after that?

They only reaired it once, but if you get the podcast and listen to the show, that's like hearing it four times. I just skip it, or usually don't even download it when I see it's a repeat of something.
Are you sure it was re-aired only once? I think I've seen "Mr Skin" as a title on my podcast three times now.
It first aired as the 10th segment on Tuesday and they reaired as both the 5th segment on Wednesday and 14th segment on Thursday.
I am the irrepressible dark horse.
Film it. Listen to it. Live it. Love it.

All the best,
The Mayor of Awesometown
beerad08 Wrote:it seems like the show lacks effort lately. the same shit everday

I agree. I haven't been listening as much as I used to. Just kind of boring the past couple of weeks.

<shrug>
Brian Wrote:Ok, so does anyone else get annoyed as hell when you hear the same segment 3 times in 2 days? I get the podcast and listen to the entire show every day. I effing hate it when i have to listen to the Mr. skin segment 3 times in 2 days. I would rather listen to how zane's colon is filled with DEATH, than have to listen the same effing thing over and over and over and over and over and over again.

yes.
“I wanna tell Y’all that I ain’t votin for nobody that don’t say freedom enough. Freedom ain’t free, Free Beer. We gotta fight for freedom, Hot wings. Zane you gotta eat freedom fries...Freedom, freedom, freedom, freedom..FREEDOM!"
I've heard the ashole challenge 3 times now.

The first time it was mildly funny.

The2nd and 3rd times, it bordered on Bob and Tomish.
Wowie Groovie !
yes, I agree with that as well...I didnt think that it was that funny anyway.
Mr. Skin - good once
Ash-hole - had one funny line
While the replays don't bother me much, the repetition of the same best-of segmants every day does bother me. Has anyone else listening online at wgrd.com noticed this? I think they play best-of bits when they don't have commercial spots sold for online. I think I would rather have the commercials.

Nonetheless, I love the show and this is only a small annoyance.
The best-of of bits online get old. I live in Iowa, but still listen to WGRD most of the time, and listening all weekend is a pain in the a- with the same ads and best-of spots.

I finally got the podcast though. I didn't think I'd like it, due to it not being live, but it's great. I don't have to worry about missing anything when I go to work, etc.
Mr. Skin must have been on three times. Having to get up and change the station twice for the same segment made it memorable. I only remember switching stations for Ash-hole challenge once.