Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Obscure Pasta Question
Well. I'm not sure if it was worth starting an entire thread about, but I've got to know why this is.

I love Pasta, but in the past several years, it seems that at every restaurant only makes their pasta dishes out of Penne pasta. I mean, it was fun at first, but can't we have a little bit of variety out there?... or at least some regualar ole spaghetti noodles or something?

Why Penne? Does it keep better in a pot of water all day?

Thoughts?
Perhaps you would prefer this ?
[Image: pppasta.jpg]
Wowie Groovie !
I'm disappointed in you. I expected you OF ALL PEOPLE to be more mature.
I didn't...nice one titan!!!

As for the penne, the restaurants up here have been switching it up quite a bit. Olive Garden still serves the same old crap, but a lot of the local places are changing to spaghetti and even cavatappi. So if you can hold on a little while, it may spread to the South!
“I wanna tell Y’all that I ain’t votin for nobody that don’t say freedom enough. Freedom ain’t free, Free Beer. We gotta fight for freedom, Hot wings. Zane you gotta eat freedom fries...Freedom, freedom, freedom, freedom..FREEDOM!"
landmammaldolphin Wrote:I didn't...nice one titan!!!

As for the penne, the restaurants up here have been switching it up quite a bit. Olive Garden still serves the same old crap, but a lot of the local places are changing to spaghetti and even cavatappi. So if you can hold on a little while, it may spread to the South!

Because you guys know you are always too SLOW in picking up new trends.

Sorry, had to do it.
airhornahole Wrote:
landmammaldolphin Wrote:I didn't...nice one titan!!!

Because you guys know you are always too SLOW in picking up new trends.

Sorry, had to do it.

At least its not legal here to bang your sheep Tongue
jus' P Wrote:
airhornahole Wrote:Because you guys know you are always too SLOW in picking up new trends.

Sorry, had to do it.

touche
jus' P Wrote:
airhornahole Wrote:Because you guys know you are always too SLOW in picking up new trends.

Sorry, had to do it.

I haven't heard of anyone getting arrested in Tennessee for doing it. No arrests = legal activity
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
Rock Monster Wrote:
jus' P Wrote:At least its not legal here to bang your sheep Tongue

I haven't heard of anyone getting arrested in Tennessee for doing it. No arrests = legal activity

the fact that you need a law speaks for itself...
jus' P Wrote:
Rock Monster Wrote:I haven't heard of anyone getting arrested in Tennessee for doing it. No arrests = legal activity

the fact that you need a law speaks for itself...

To keep the southerners out of here.
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
Rock Monster Wrote:
jus' P Wrote:the fact that you need a law speaks for itself...

To keep the southerners out of here.

Our sheep have that southern accent that just drives them yankee boy's wild...
jus' P Wrote:
Rock Monster Wrote:To keep the southerners out of here.

Our sheep have that southern accent that just drives them yankee boy's wild...

making me laugh out loud at work always earns a +1
I usually like penne over spaghetti. Fettuccine is my favorite, though.
I like penne with cajin chicken alfredo, but fettuccine with regular alfredo.
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
Queenie Wrote:I like penne with cajin chicken alfredo, but fettuccine with regular alfredo.

These guys have the greatest fettuccine- Fettuccine Michael- it's a chicken fettuccine with alfredo sauce, and I can't really explain what makes it so much better than any other kind, but it is. If ever in GR, it's a must have.

Damn, now I'm hungry just thinking about it.
Queenie Wrote:I like penne with cajin chicken alfredo, but fettuccine with regular alfredo.

me too queen!

my favorite is the cajun tho. yum yum yum ;D ;D ;D
THE EVER LOVING JAYDETHESPAZ
I prefer angel hair to regular spaghetti and not just because it takes half the time to cook, in my head it even tastes better (bs I know). I get tired of penne pasta too, but mostly because I avoid all vegetables other than the potato and when there's minced vegetables (onions, peppers) they always get trapped inside the noodle and I'm tricked into consuming them. [/pointless rant]
Humans are not rational beings, they are rationalizing
Practice safe sex, do it in a Volvo ___________ "Shut up", he explained.
I'm a huge fan of Linguini... mostly because it goes well with the shrimp scampi that I put in it.. Smile
potthole Wrote:I usually like penis over spaghetti. Fettuccine is my favorite, though.

I kill me sometimes
Wowie Groovie !
Titan ! Wrote:
potthole Wrote:I usually like penis over spaghetti. Fettuccine is my favorite, though.

I kill me sometimes

Har har, bet you had to think long and hard on that one. Add this to Cowboy Gay Camp, and I think you could hit the stand-up tour.
potthole Wrote:
Titan ! Wrote:I kill me sometimes

Har har, bet you had to think long and hard on that one. Add this to Cowboy Gay Camp, and I think you could hit the stand-up tour.

He certainly thought "long and hard"

Cowboy Gay Camp
They probably serve penis pasta at cowboy gay camp
Wowie Groovie !
White sauce over penis pasta and meat balls.
"Sir, You need to get out of your car, there is a train comming."
"Why ummm... uhhh did you ummm... feel the need to errrrr, god why can't I type!!"
fetusfacedwindbag Wrote:Well. I'm not sure if it was worth starting an entire thread about, but I've got to know why this is.

I love Pasta, but in the past several years, it seems that at every restaurant only makes their pasta dishes out of Penne pasta. I mean, it was fun at first, but can't we have a little bit of variety out there?... or at least some regualar ole spaghetti noodles or something?

Why Penne? Does it keep better in a pot of water all day?

Thoughts?
a lot of restaurants also have lasagna and stuffed shells (i can make some effin mean stuffed shells). you could try that stuff.
I can make a lasagna that would kick your ass.
Wowie Groovie !
I'm going to have to give some props to titan for that.

I love pasta and penis and I try to have a healthy serving of each every day.

[drop] He knowingly served us penis [/drop]

As for the penne, I think it is faster to cook than other pastas (like rotini, etc) so that is probably why it's used in restaurants so much. Angel hair is the fastest to cook but depending on the sauce you can't always use long pasta like that.
That's what she said.
Next you guys are going to get bumper stickers stating "My ____ pasta dish is better than your honor student"
Torque Wrote:Next you guys are going to get bumper stickers stating "My ____ pasta dish is better than your honor student"

Well, I have to say, I do think my lasagna is better than your honor student.

Speaking of which, it's just about that time of year. I love to make acouple pans in the fall and eat the leftovers during football.
Wowie Groovie !
Titan ! Wrote:
Torque Wrote:Next you guys are going to get bumper stickers stating "My ____ pasta dish is better than your honor student"

Well, I have to say, I do think my lasagna is better than your honor student.

Speaking of which, it's just about that time of year. I love to make acouple pans in the fall and eat the leftovers during football.

mmmmmm lasagna...This weekend Queenie, titan's right, it's lasagna time in Tennesee...
I gotta tell the wifey it's a Chilli weekend. I guess I need to prepare to sleep on the couch.

I like beans.
airhornahole Wrote:I gotta tell the wifey it's a Chilli weekend. I guess I need to prepare to sleep on the couch.

I like beans.

Jumbo pot of chili, cornbread and some shredded cheddar and football. That might not be heaven, but it sure is close
Wowie Groovie !
Titan ! Wrote:
airhornahole Wrote:I gotta tell the wifey it's a Chilli weekend. I guess I need to prepare to sleep on the couch.

I like beans.

Jumbo pot of chili, cornbread and some shredded cheddar and football. That might not be heaven, but it sure is close

Preach on my friend.
jus' P Wrote:
Titan ! Wrote:Well, I have to say, I do think my lasagna is better than your honor student.

mmmmmm lasagna...This weekend Queenie, titan's right, it's lasagna time in Tennesee... Everyone's invited, come to our house and have a weekend of food and fun !

Awesome Plungee, I'll bring the Guinness.
Wowie Groovie !
You guys are gonna have to stop. My mouth is watering like a mo'fo.... I'm STARVING!
While I usually try to avoid eating things requiring utensils during football because I get excitable and am not paying attention and I'd feel a little unstylish in a bib, I'm definitely inspired to do my extra meat lasagna this sunday. So bring on the meat jokes
Torque Wrote:While I usually try to avoid eating things requiring utensils during football because I get excitable and am not paying attention and I'd feel a little unstylish in a bib, I'm definitely inspired to do my extra meat lasagna this sunday. So bring on the meat jokes

Ok.

So you like the meat eh ?

Gotta have some meat ?

You want a lot of meat in your... umm... lasagna ?

Sorry, I have nothing good tonight.

(or ever right Biff/Trogdor/Fistor/Potthole etc?)
Wowie Groovie !
Apparently your foes have been somehow overlooking the enthralling Pasta Thread
Titan ! Wrote:
Torque Wrote:While I usually try to avoid eating things requiring utensils during football because I get excitable and am not paying attention and I'd feel a little unstylish in a bib, I'm definitely inspired to do my extra meat lasagna this sunday. So bring on the meat jokes

Ok.

So you like the meat eh ?

Gotta have some meat ?

You want a lot of meat in your... umm... lasagna ?

Sorry, I have nothing good tonight.

(or ever right Biff/Trogdor/Fistor/Potthole etc?)

No, you get the occasional good comment. Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn once in awhile.
A pasta thread and you don't invite an Italian?!? I am shocked! My granny will get you with her wooden spoon! On a more serious note, she makes the best sauce in the world. She starts with homegrown tomatoes and ends with delisious. (no, Stupid is not the name from that side of the family. I got that from the polish side.)