Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I know there are a lot of new users and wanted to let them know how to get an avatar.

I would suggest you go to images.google.com and type in a keyword for the kind of avatar you want.

Click on the picture and then the link to "see full size image". Put your cursor in the url box at the top of your screen, then you copy (ctrl + c) the url. Go to "modify profile" and find the space for the "avatar url" and paste (ctrl + v) the url in that box. Avatars cannot be over 100 x 100 in size (the size boxes are below the "avatar url").

There are also "standard" avatars you can chose that are already in "modify profile," but if you want to be a little more original, follow the instructions above.

PM me if you have any further questions.
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
you can also steal an image that you find on a website by right clicking (PC's) and grabbing properties then copy and pasting the URL that way.
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
Thanks to Queenie and Biff for helping me out
If you go to Derek's signature line he has a free image hosting site that you can utilize to host a picture for you. It's free and that way you're not stealing someone's bandwidth.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Admin Wrote:If you go to Derek's signature line he has a free image hosting site that you can utilize to host a picture for you. It's free and that way you're not stealing someone's bandwidth.

Derek --

http://upload.vandervander.com - Free Image Hosting for all your forum posting needs.
Registration is free and easy and you can hotlink it to all sites
http://www.vandervander.com/ - A free technology blog of sorts

other sites include but are not limited to:

www.photobucket.com
www.imageshack.com
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
sunshyne Wrote:Thanks to Queenie and Biff for helping me out

Don't forget Dino!!
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
I post via iPhone and have no copy/paste abilities. I would love to have a pic of Dr. Stupid aka Stimpy as my avatar, but cannot find a pic of proper size to just copy a url. Is there anything I can do? (I don't have access to a comp or Internet besides on my phone)
Dr. Stupid Wrote:I post via iPhone and have no copy/paste abilities. I would love to have a pic of Dr. Stupid aka Stimpy as my avatar, but cannot find a pic of proper size to just copy a url. Is there anything I can do? (I don't have access to a comp or Internet besides on my phone)

you could type out the url.
Yes, I could, if I could find a pic of the right size. So far, I have not found one that is good enough. They all suck if they are the right size.
Save the image to your computer then resize it with Photoshop, paint, paint.net, SplashUp, then upload it to a free photosite, like Flickr, Photobucket...
Everyday you reinvent yourself into a bigger cock-shite than ever. It's incredible. I don't know how you do it. I admire you.

I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.
Dr. Stupid Wrote:Yes, I could, if I could find a pic of the right size. So far, I have not found one that is good enough. They all suck if they are the right size.

If you find the right pic but it's too large, post it here and I can size it down and add it to your profile very easily.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Dr. Stupid Wrote:Yes, I could, if I could find a pic of the right size. So far, I have not found one that is good enough. They all suck if they are the right size.

I have one coming your way. It should be on your profile by the end of the day. It looks like this:

[Image: stimpy.jpg]
Amazing! Thank you all! Smile
Thank you thank you thank you!!! I never thought I'd say it, but
*bows
Thank you, my queen.
Queenie Wrote:
sunshyne Wrote:Thanks to Queenie and Biff for helping me out

Don't forget Dino!!

And Dino!!
Can you use this?

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd155...tattoo.jpg
Admin Wrote:

If you find the right pic but it's too large, post it here and I can size it down and add it to your profile very easily.

A great site to crop/size images of most any format is:

http://www.resize2mail.com/
hi everyone, i'm more of a peeker here than poster, funny stuff...i also, wondered about the avatars, i'm a soft head...ty for the advice..and i think i did it right.
laundryloser Wrote:hi everyone, i'm more of a peeker here than poster, funny stuff...i also, wondered about the avatars, i'm a soft head...ty for the advice..and i think i did it right.

Yes!! Great job!!!
AH HA! works spiffy, ty much.
Ok, I'm a total loser in this forum. I don't see an option to 'modify profile' when I visit my profile. I've added avs in many other forums, so not completely stupid. Do I have to have XX amount of posts before I can have an av option?

Thanks for any help..
The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you have to load or unload, go to the White Zone. You'll love it. It's a way of life.
whatwouldzappasay Wrote:Ok, I'm a total loser in this forum. I don't see an option to 'modify profile' when I visit my profile. I've added avs in many other forums, so not completely stupid. Do I have to have XX amount of posts before I can have an av option?

Thanks for any help..

http://fbhw.proboards47.com/index.cgi?ac...iewprofile

There will be a line with the text "Member's Bio - Modify Profile - Bookmarks". Click the "Modify Profile" link.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Dur. Ummm, must've been the cocktails yesterday - I sure didn't see that OBVIOUS link. Thanks!
The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you have to load or unload, go to the White Zone. You'll love it. It's a way of life.
Thanks

How do you like my new Avatar? Undecided
Thanks for the tips!
Admin Wrote:If you go to Derek's signature line he has a free image hosting site that you can utilize to host a picture for you. It's free and that way you're not stealing someone's bandwidth.

This is why you upload avatars yourself, lest you get longcatted or worse.

I had actually forgotten all about Image Shack until I saw this topic. Thanks.