Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has any allegedly real ghost video ever scared you
http://www.ghost-mysteries.com/forum/ind...=si&img=90

This is one of the few that gave me the shivers.

Also, this is the forum's 1,500th topic. W00T.
There's this show called "Ghost Adventures" on the Travel Channel that has some spooky moments. Worth a google search, at least.
jencum Wrote:There's this show called "Ghost Adventures" on the Travel Channel that has some spooky moments. Worth a google search, at least.

I saw some of that this weekend. Those guys were more show than actual "investigation", I thought. Like making sure they're locked in the haunted hotel all night for some reason. What would be the purpose of that? And they were documenting stuff like orbs. :Smile

Some of their stuff was interesting, like the dude getting scratched, but taking the whole production into consideration, it was pretty difficult for me to trust that these guys were on the up and up.

I'm normally pretty cynical when it comes to ghost stuff, that's why it's rare for me to find something that truly freaks me out.
So you're cynical about ghost stuff but you want to know what videos freaked people out so you can take a dump all over that video and prove how it's so faggy? Great stuff here.
jencum Wrote:So you're cynical about ghost stuff but you want to know what videos freaked people out so you can take a dump all over that video and prove how it's so faggy? Great stuff here.

NOW YOU'RE GETTING IT!
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
jencum Wrote:So you're cynical about ghost stuff but you want to know what videos freaked people out so you can take a dump all over that video and prove how it's so faggy? Great stuff here.
Welcome to the Internet. Enjoy your stay.

I guess. I'm looking for stuff that is truly unexplainable, because I find the cases that have no explanation fascinating. Of course, everything's explanable, so I guess I find the stuff that isn't so obviously a con job fascinating.

Like the Amityville horror house investigation - when they allegedly caught that little boy peaking out from one of the bedrooms. That's some freaky shit right there.

I didn't find the Ghost Adventurers stuff too compelling though. Seemed too staged.
when i was a wee lad in the tiny town of decatur I use to watch Unsolved Mysteries all the effin time. It's like you said Fistor, the unexplainable is just fascinating. Ghosts, Goblins, stories, Aliens...I didn't care
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:when i was a wee lad in the tiny town of decatur I use to watch Unsolved Mysteries all the effin time. It's like you said Fistor, the unexplainable is just fascinating. Ghosts, Goblins, stories, Aliens...I didn't care
robert stack scares the bejeezus out of me. i think he's behind every one of those mysteries.
Unsolved Mysteries never did much for me either. I'm not a big fan of re-enactments.

I love that grainy, 1st person look shot from a hand-held camera by a person this || close to pissing himself. That shit freaks me out.

I guess that's why I like The Blair Witch Project so much. Not that I ever thought it was real, of course, but it's shot that way.
dingdongyo Wrote:
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:when i was a wee lad in the tiny town of decatur I use to watch Unsolved Mysteries all the effin time. It's like you said Fistor, the unexplainable is just fascinating. Ghosts, Goblins, stories, Aliens...I didn't care
robert stack scares the bejeezus out of me. i think he's behind every one of those mysteries.

ha ha....

I have a 'SNL Digital Short' type clip running through my head of him killing people while talking about the mystery behind their deaths.
Fistor Wrote:Unsolved Mysteries never did much for me either. I'm not a big fan of re-enactments.

I love that grainy, 1st person look shot from a hand-held camera by a person this || close to pissing himself. That shit freaks me out.

I guess that's why I like The Blair Witch Project so much. Not that I ever thought it was real, of course, but it's shot that way.

UM had that from time to time....astleast I think.
Fistor Wrote:Unsolved Mysteries never did much for me either. I'm not a big fan of re-enactments.

Did you ever see American Haunting?
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
Queenie Wrote:

Did you ever see American Haunting?

No.
I liked the "ghost hunters" episode that they filmed at the lighthouse in St. Augustine, That one freaked me out, cause they caught on tape someone looking down on them from the top of the stairs inside. Really good show cause they go in to prove that theres not a haunting, so when there is no way for them to disprove it, then its cool.
sunshyne Wrote:I liked the "ghost hunters" episode that they filmed at the lighthouse in St. Augustine, That one freaked me out, cause they caught on tape someone looking down on them from the top of the stairs inside. Really good show cause they go in to prove that theres not a haunting, so when there is no way for them to disprove it, then its cool.

I found myself watching this too this weekend (must be the time of year). I like that they approach it from a disproving standpoint.

That Eastern State Penitentiary footage was pretty freaky, although they themselves said it could've been someone dressed up.
Fistor Wrote:
sunshyne Wrote:I liked the "ghost hunters" episode that they filmed at the lighthouse in St. Augustine, That one freaked me out, cause they caught on tape someone looking down on them from the top of the stairs inside. Really good show cause they go in to prove that theres not a haunting, so when there is no way for them to disprove it, then its cool.

I found myself watching this too this weekend (must be the time of year). I like that they approach it from a disproving standpoint.

That Eastern State Penitentiary footage was pretty freaky, although they themselves said it could've been someone dressed up.

This show is quite intriguing, but I don't know if I buy it. It would just be too easy to fake most of the stuff that they catch. Still an interesting show though.
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
TV=BS It's all lies kids.... Don't believe ANYthing on that stupid box..
Stuff like that used to really creep me out, but it's been quite awhile since I've seen anything that has scared me. That video linked up there is interesting, but it just looks a little "too good" to be real.
Ghost Hunters Rocks! The think I love about them is that they do not put a lot of weight in orbs as they are easily dismessed as dust. But also, they work at trying to disprove hauntings. They have had a few like the St. Augustine Lighthouse that had some sweet video finds. They did an investigation at one bar where they captured a black mass on video and proved that it couldn't have been a person or animal. The only explination was that it was a ghost. Rock on!
All this talk of how good this Ghost Hunters show is has got me interested. Seasons 1 and 2 have been added to my Netflix Que...
Rock Monster Wrote:
Fistor Wrote:I found myself watching this too this weekend (must be the time of year). I like that they approach it from a disproving standpoint.

This show is quite intriguing, but I don't know if I buy it. It would just be too easy to fake most of the stuff that they catch. Still an interesting show though.

There was one episode on a cruise ship/hotel or something and they caught a bedspread being pulled back, and they disproved that and showed how someone (probably ship guest or employee) had pasued the camera and slowly moved the spread. They are actually pretty sceptical, so the stuff they catch and can't disprove doesn't seem fake to me.
sunshyne Wrote:
Rock Monster Wrote:This show is quite intriguing, but I don't know if I buy it. It would just be too easy to fake most of the stuff that they catch. Still an interesting show though.

There was one episode on a cruise ship/hotel or something and they caught a bedspread being pulled back, and they disproved that and showed how someone (probably ship guest or employee) had pasued the camera and slowly moved the spread. They are actually pretty sceptical, so the stuff they catch and can't disprove doesn't seem fake to me.

I saw that episode. My theory is that they disprove the ones like that (that a viewer could theoretically disprove, with the frame jumping) and let the ones go that have "no" explanation. (like the one that the flashlight turned on by itself.) I just have a really hard time believing a TV show that has to get ratings. I would have to see it in person to really believe.
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
In one episode, one of the lead guys was sitting on a chair and his flashlight literally jumped out of his hands and landed about 8 feet away. The camera happened to catch his hands a split second after the flashlight exited stage left, and it was apparent his hands never moved. They went and picked up the flashlight and examined it in one continuous shot, and it didn't appear to have a fishline or anything attached.

Maybe someone offscreen just chucked the flashlight, and he was only pretending that he had been holding it, maybe not. But it was certainly well done because the way it was shot would've been very difficult to fake. The camera was panning from one side of the room where one investigator was sitting, over to the other investigator, and just barely caught the flashlight flying through the air and his hands not moving. It would've had to've been expertly timed over several takes to fake that. Which might be what happened. Either way, it was an entertaining moment.
Didn't see that one. There are plenty of moments that give you that chill, but it's still hard to believe.
Funny.

Delete it.
Fistor Wrote:Funny.

Delete it.

I agree . . . pleeeease. [Image: eck15.gif]
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
Queenie Wrote:
Fistor Wrote:Funny.

Delete it.

I agree . . . pleeeease. [Image: eck15.gif]

Now is one of those times where I'm glad I'm on here at work, and a lot of the pictures, and all of the videos are blocked.
Rock Monster Wrote:
Queenie Wrote:I agree . . . pleeeease. [Image: eck15.gif]

Now is one of those times where I'm glad I'm on here at work, and a lot of the pictures, and all of the videos are blocked.

agreed

I was a 14 years old when the Blair Witch Project came out, but you better believe I slept in my parents' room that night... :'(
Mud Room Donna Wrote:

I was a 14 years old when the Blair Witch Project came out, but you better believe I slept in my parents' room that night... :'(

I went to the woods and made little stick people to hang from trees.
I've always been partially fascinated by ghost stories, but I never REALLY believe them. On the other hand I'm pretty sure I've seen one, but it was canine so I don't know if that counts.
Humans are not rational beings, they are rationalizing
Practice safe sex, do it in a Volvo ___________ "Shut up", he explained.
My sis & bro-in law were visiting my folks who live in the deep dark Manistee national forest north of Grand Rapids. They went to see Blair Witch in Big Rapids and then had to drive 30 miles west through the woods to get home. I guess it was a LONG, DARK, and SCARY ride home. For some reason, they slept with the light on that night.
I'm so goth, I shit bats.
Given some of the Indian history up in the Manistee Forest, I've been pretty creeped out the couple of times I was camping out up there, too.

Does anybody know of any good resources for supposed haunted places in the Grand Rapids area? I've found some websites that give quick blurbs of stuff, but they never get too in-depth, and I'd enjoy a nice read about local stuff sometime, be it a website or a book.
Torque Wrote:I've always been partially fascinated by ghost stories, but I never REALLY believe them. On the other hand I'm pretty sure I've seen one, but it was canine so I don't know if that counts.

nah, you must've been mistake 'cause all dogs go to heaven.

*ba dum chh*

i'll stop now.
FUSTERCLUCK Wrote:My sis & bro-in law were visiting my folks who live in the deep dark Manistee national forest north of Grand Rapids. They went to see Blair Witch in Big Rapids and then had to drive 30 miles west through the woods to get home. I guess it was a LONG, DARK, and SCARY ride home. For some reason, they slept with the light on that night.

LOL - When I first saw The Ring, I drove all the way home with the dome light on, freaked out that the little girl would pop up in my rear view mirror everytime I looked.

I'm such a pussy. Sad Just call me Zane...
Fistor Wrote:

I guess. I'm looking for stuff that is truly unexplainable, because I find the cases that have no explanation fascinating. Of course, everything's explanable, so I guess I find the stuff that isn't so obviously a con job fascinating.

Like the Amityville horror house investigation - when they allegedly caught that little boy peaking out from one of the bedrooms. That's some freaky shit right there.

I didn't find the Ghost Adventurers stuff too compelling though. Seemed too staged.

If that's the case you must fascinate yourself to no end everytime you give yourself a Stranger.
jencum Wrote:
Fistor Wrote:I guess. I'm looking for stuff that is truly unexplainable, because I find the cases that have no explanation fascinating. Of course, everything's explanable, so I guess I find the stuff that isn't so obviously a con job fascinating.

If that's the case you must fascinate yourself to no end everytime you give yourself a Stranger.

I am.

Good non-sensical burn there.
speaking of shows that go after the "unexplained", has anybody seen that shitty show "Destination Truth"? it's right after "Ghost Hunters" and SUCKS.
yeah, i watched one partial episode and decided not to waste anymore of my time.