Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Granite = Cement. Discuss.
LOL Zane, just LOL..
I know granite is not cement, but I was screaming hail myself. I felt just as bad as Zane did. Oh well, I got a lot of other answers right.

[drop]i'm sthupid[/drop]
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
I don't think hail was such a bad guess. Part of the question did state "in avation terminology" so I think Zane gets a pass on this one.
Wowie Groovie !
I was yelling mountains, I think thats my favorite game they play. I never try to call in though, cause i'm traveling to work. Besides, everytime I call the station, Joe hangs up on me. Maybe my phone connection is bad or something.
sunshyne Wrote:Besides, everytime I call the station, Joe hangs up on me. Maybe my phone connection is bad or something.

Nope, your phone connection is fine. He just doesn't like you. Wink
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
maybe hes gay
Maybe you're a loud breather? The guys can't seem to stand people who breathe into the phone loudly, and it wouldn't surprise mt if they were to reveal that people are instructed to try to keep people like that from getting on the air.
no, I doubt that I am, my husband would hang up on me too. My sister is a terrible phone breather though (I wish I could hang up on her sometimes)
Titan ! Wrote:I don't think hail was such a bad guess. Part of the question did state "in avation terminology" so I think Zane gets a pass on this one.

I can't give him one. Clouds don't hide what they contain, they hide objects, plus his reasoning was hilariously off. I do think turbulence was slightly dumber though.
Humans are not rational beings, they are rationalizing
Practice safe sex, do it in a Volvo ___________ "Shut up", he explained.
I also thought hail was the corect answer.
Hot Wings effing pissed me off! He was mocking Zane because he said clouds couldn't hide hail because hail doesn't form in the clouds - it freezes on the way down. Rain that freezes on the way down is called "freezing rain" - [drop]DEE DEE DEEEEEE![/drop]

As for hail:

"Hail forms in storm clouds when supercooled water droplets freeze on contact with condensation nuclei, such as dust. The storm's updraft blows the hailstones to the upper part of the cloud. The updraft dissipates and the hailstones fall down, back into the updraft, and are lifted up again. The hailstone gains an ice layer and grows increasingly larger with each ascent. Once a hailstone becomes too heavy to be supported by the storm's updraft, it falls out of the cloud."

Hail was a completely plausible guess.

You don't have to know everything, Hot Wings, but if you don't know what you're talking about, then you shouldn't be throwing stones.

I know I'm nerding-out again, but I can't help it.

And Hot Wings, if I didn't like you so much, I wouldn't even care.
Yeah looka that, Moobs bringin the knowledge.

Zane if you're reading this, you get a pass on "Hail" being a bad answer.
Wowie Groovie !
Yea, but he absolutely does not get a pass on the fact that cement and granite are two different substances.
"Sir, You need to get out of your car, there is a train comming."
"Why ummm... uhhh did you ummm... feel the need to errrrr, god why can't I type!!"