Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christmas Break-Ins
These made me almost cry last year and pretty much got me listening to the show. I just think their math is funny though.

FB: Holiday Break-ins is something we've been doing...I think we started it at Christmas of 2002...so this would be year 6...right?
HW: Yeah...that's right.

*buzzer!*

http://werdtoyadonkay.com/holidaybreakins.mp3
When they try to stick a needle in you with the H1N1 flu vaccine this fall...run as fast as you can the other way!
I agree, I teared up a little last year when I listened.
AND I NEVER CRY
Mark the Valet Wrote:I agree, I teared up a little last year when I listened.
AND I NEVER CRY

pussy.

break-ins are my favorite part of the year. the daily playing of "Back Door Santa" is the bees knees.
I'm suprized becky could enter a topic with the word "Christ" in the title without screaming in agony and bursting into flames.
Jo Wrote:
AND I NEVER CRY

pussy.

break-ins are my favorite part of the year. the daily playing of "Back Door Santa" is the bees knees.

God forbid a man show some emotion and have feelings for the less fortunate... :Smile
Just to let you know that I have already volunteered a number of you for this. You'll be wearing elf costumes and forced to sing Christmas carols. If you receive a PM that means attendance is mandatory.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Admin Wrote:Just to let you know that I have already volunteered a number of you for this. You'll be wearing elf costumes and forced to sing Christmas carols. If you receive a PM that means attendance is mandatory.

Can't wait. I look awesome in an elf costume!!!!

If they came to Nashville and did it, I am in!!!!
Thanks, Biff! Are you buying my plane ticket too?
That's what she said.
Admin Wrote:You'll be wearing elf costumes and forced to sing Christmas carols.

when i was 7 my mom made me go to this volunteer toy giveaway our church was doing and they made it a point to all the parents to dress up kids under 13 as elves. i didn't want to go and was fussy the whole time. the one picture my mom got of me is me throwing one of my plastic elf ears at the camera with the meanest looking face a elf has ever had.
Jo Wrote:the one picture my mom got of me is me throwing one of my plastic elf ears at the camera with the meanest looking face a elf has ever had.

PLEASE tell me that you still have this laying around somewhere.
Mark the Valet Wrote:
Jo Wrote:the one picture my mom got of me is me throwing one of my plastic elf ears at the camera with the meanest looking face a elf has ever had.

It is mandatory that you post this picture. It's Board Code.
If you don't then we'll have to track down mama McHorsecock to get it ourselves.
Quote of the Day:
"I'm here working for the people. I'm causing dissent, stirring the pot, getting people to question the whole rotten system." - George Costanza
Allyson Wrote:Thanks, Biff! Are you buying my plane ticket too?

Yes and it comes with free accommodations. I hope the phrase "it puts the lotion on the skin" doesn't get too redundant.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Mark the Valet Wrote:

i'll see what i can finaggle.
Admin Wrote:Just to let you know that I have already volunteered a number of you for this. You'll be wearing elf costumes and forced to sing Christmas carols. If you receive a PM that means attendance is mandatory.

Are you going to be letting us use your old costume?
When I was a kid, I grew up in a small town, and my parents had asked the principal of our elementary school for the name of a family that could use some help. Then, on Christmas Eve, my father and I snuck over to their house and left a gift on the porch for the child in the family. (I'm intentionally leaving out details, because I still live in roughly the same area and who knows if he/she listens.) It is, to this day, one of my favorite Christmas memories.
hotzester Wrote:When I was a kid, I grew up in a small town, and my parents had asked the principal of our elementary school for the name of a family that could use some help. Then, on Christmas Eve, my father and I snuck over to their house and left a gift on the porch for the child in the family. (I'm intentionally leaving out details, because I still live in roughly the same area and who knows if he/she listens.) It is, to this day, one of my favorite Christmas memories.

That's a great Idea. I may have to start doing that.
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
I'm curious if schools would give out that information anymore. That had to be 25 years ago - I don't think I was even ten years old yet. I hope so, because it's something that I've wanted to do with my own children when I have them.

It's funny, because I was no different than any other kid. I wanted STUFF for Christmas. But now, after all this time that has passed, I can probably tell you two or three presents that I know I got for Christmas over the years...but that one experience, I can tell you every single detail as though it were yesterday. Every once in a while I'll pass the house and it just puts me right back there. It really was pretty cool.
That's really cool you would do that. I can remember my family picking an angel off the Salvation Army Tree and getting that child a Christmas they normally wouldn't get. We'd all chip in and get clothes, shoes and toys. Now I make sure my kids donate toys and give stuff to the Toys For Tots. I want them to learn how to give, not just recieve. We also donate through the school. You could check if they already have a family they are collecting for at your child's school. I don't think they would give out that kind of information.
jus' P Wrote:

Can't wait. I look awesome in an elf costume!!!!

If they came to Nashville and did it, I am in!!!!

I want to be Santa's huge fat wife.
hotzester Wrote:I'm curious if schools would give out that information anymore. That had to be 25 years ago - I don't think I was even ten years old yet. I hope so, because it's something that I've wanted to do with my own children when I have them.

It's funny, because I was no different than any other kid. I wanted STUFF for Christmas. But now, after all this time that has passed, I can probably tell you two or three presents that I know I got for Christmas over the years...but that one experience, I can tell you every single detail as though it were yesterday. Every once in a while I'll pass the house and it just puts me right back there. It really was pretty cool.

Hot Zester, Some organizations (like where I work...For the baby Jesus!) don't let you "adopt" a family specifically, but NorthEast Parent and Child Society lets you adopt an entire family or one or two child/young adults. They tell you about the kids/family and you can buy and wrap gifts accordingly. I did it before I started at where I work now, it's a lot of fun. PM me if you are interested in that.
Yeah, I knew about the organizations now. One of the things that made my experience so awesome was that it was something that WE did...just my dad and I. It wasn't through a group. Don't get me wrong - those organizations are AWESOME - but there was just something inspiring about two ordinary guys helping a family personally, know what I mean?
Jo Wrote:
AND I NEVER CRY

pussy.

I'm a pussy who cries a little bit too. I'll admit it. But you're totally right on the "Bad Door Santa" song. The first time I heard that I immediately downloaded it for my mp3 player. You can't help but bop around to it.
I am the irrepressible dark horse.
Film it. Listen to it. Live it. Love it.

All the best,
The Mayor of Awesometown
daredevil1 Wrote:These made me almost cry last year and pretty much got me listening to the show. I just think their math is funny though.

FB: Holiday Break-ins is something we've been doing...I think we started it at Christmas of 2002...so this would be year 6...right?
HW: Yeah...that's right.

*buzzer!*

http://werdtoyadonkay.com/holidaybreakins.mp3

nitpicking not?
pants on the ground! pants on the ground!