Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Free Beer Sucks at Predicting the Weather
This is probably nitpicky but screw it.

Has anyone else in Grand Rapids and/or podcasters noticed that Free Beer has become especially awful at saying the temperature now that it's winter time?

He constantly says what the high is supposed to be and then says that it's nowhere near that temperature now. Then Hot Wings says that it is, in fact, almost that exact temperature. Or FB says that it's close to the high and it's actually nowhere near it.

Good God man, either figure out the actual temperature before you say it or stop being the worst guesser in the world.
I am the irrepressible dark horse.
Film it. Listen to it. Live it. Love it.

All the best,
The Mayor of Awesometown
Or maybe the weather feed he is reading from is effed up and he's merely passing along the info?
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Or maybe the weather report controls FB's mind and he can't help himself?

Hey biff, kudos on the HMFIC status!! Priceless!!!
“I wanna tell Y’all that I ain’t votin for nobody that don’t say freedom enough. Freedom ain’t free, Free Beer. We gotta fight for freedom, Hot wings. Zane you gotta eat freedom fries...Freedom, freedom, freedom, freedom..FREEDOM!"
How is you knowing the exact temp make or break your day? It's fall/winter, you live in MI.... IT"S COLD... So don't go out in just your thong today.

Spend 3 bucks, get a thermometer and check your own temperature.
I'm pretty sure they have the Today show, or whatever other crappy morning show, on the tv in the studio and Free Beer gets the current temp from there. If it's in a commercial, he guesses. Are you relying on a comedy talk radio show for your weather?
burnking Wrote:Are you relying on a comedy talk radio show for your weather?

It reads as if he's really just looking to find another way to take potshots at the show. The irony of a person with the moniker "mayorofawesometown" calling for Hot Wings to be fired (as per the line below the avatar) is delicious.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
do you want him to go outside every break with a thermometer in hand and not report anything unless his findings match HWs and are good enough for your crybaby ass?
Aw, it's not FB's fault. Even tho he might say a slight chance of sprinkles as fire and brimstone falls from the heavens.
Doesn't he always say what the high for the day will be? Of course the exact temp at that time will be different- it's usually early in the morning! The temp is rarely at it's high for the day that early.
potthole Wrote:Doesn't he always say what the high for the day will be? Of course the exact temp at that time will be different- it's usually early in the morning! The temp is rarely at it's high for the day that early.

Whoa whoa whoa, slow down. You lost me.
or..free beer can go to www.weather.gov/grrand click on grand rapids and see the forecast, radar, and current conditions courtesy of your National Weather Service located near the airport.

Just saying.
ummm... Im taking by the coments here, that yes, it was nitpicky
burnking Wrote:
potthole Wrote:Doesn't he always say what the high for the day will be? Of course the exact temp at that time will be different- it's usually early in the morning! The temp is rarely at it's high for the day that early.

Whoa whoa whoa, slow down. You lost me.

That was one rambling post, wasn't it? I'll try to phrase it a little better.

If memory serves me correctly, when FB gives the weather updates, he first mentions what the expected high temp for the day is, and then tells what the current temp is.

Of course the current temp is going to be different from the expected high, because of the time of day the show is on. As such, it's stupid to complain that FB is bad at giving weather updates.
Admin Wrote:
burnking Wrote:Are you relying on a comedy talk radio show for your weather?

It reads as if he's really just looking to find another way to take potshots at the show. The irony of a person with the moniker "mayorofawesometown" calling for Hot Wings to be fired (as per the line below the avatar) is delicious.

Nah, it was just one of those things I noticed after a while. When anything happens so many times in a row you eventually take note. Like I said in my original post, I knew it was nitpicky so I fully expected to gets lots of insulting responses.

BTW, I thank you for noticing that little bit of irony in my CT.
I am the irrepressible dark horse.
Film it. Listen to it. Live it. Love it.

All the best,
The Mayor of Awesometown
potthole Wrote:
burnking Wrote:Whoa whoa whoa, slow down. You lost me.

That was one rambling post, wasn't it? I'll try to phrase it a little better.

If memory serves me correctly, when FB gives the weather updates, he first mentions what the expected high temp for the day is, and then tells what the current temp is.

Of course the current temp is going to be different from the expected high, because of the time of day the show is on. As such, it's stupid to complain that FB is bad at giving weather updates.

Ha, sorry man. I followed, I was trying to be funny by pretending I didn't follow a simple concept. Sarcasm often doesn't play well over the internet.
burnking Wrote:
potthole Wrote:That was one rambling post, wasn't it? I'll try to phrase it a little better.

Ha, sorry man. I followed, I was trying to be funny by pretending I didn't follow a simple concept. Sarcasm often doesn't play well over the internet.

I think you're a Effing moron and the fact that this bothers you is why! Please, please go eat a dick and shut the Eff up you gee dee baby!
xxxredeye Wrote:
burnking Wrote:Ha, sorry man. I followed, I was trying to be funny by pretending I didn't follow a simple concept. Sarcasm often doesn't play well over the internet.

I think you're a effing moron and the fact that this bothers you is why! Please, please go eat a dick and shut the eff up you gee dee baby!

potthole, dino, fellow board members, I'm happier than Michael Jackson playing Santa at an orphanage. Throughout my life, I've heard some great insults, and of course on the other side of the coin I've heard some bad ones thrown around as well. Although the good ones may make me cringe, I still enjoy them, much like my reaction to Stewie's rendition of Grape Lady. The bad ones, however, just make me laugh harder than when I see Hot Wing's aids infected adam's apple. xxxredeye, this is where you fall. Your comments are laughable at best. Please continue to be a nonsensical dirty pile so I will have an endless supply of ammo. Also, you're just f'ing weird, coming out with such gems as...

xxxredeye Wrote:... thinks he's cool enough to be black!
or...

xxxredeye Wrote:has an unbelievably high tolerance and craving for back door parties.

...helikesitinthea-holelikeahomowouldbutalsolikestogiveitcause hehasalotofcranktodoleoutyoubecausehesarockmonster

by the way, does is make me cool that i typed like that, cause i know how cool becky is and well, i think i should be cool too, so uh...?

Maybe you should stop huffing the farts of stray dogs and give your noodle a chance to breathe. Like xxxredeye said, "It's like I'm walking on sunshine!" I'm burnking, and that's what I think.
burnking Wrote:
xxxredeye Wrote:I think you're a effing moron and the fact that this bothers you is why! Please, please go eat a dick and shut the eff up you gee dee baby!

potthole, dino, fellow board members, I'm happier than Michael Jackson playing Santa at an orphanage. Throughout my life, I've heard some great insults, and of course on the other side of the coin I've heard some bad ones thrown around as well. Although the good ones may make me cringe, I still enjoy them, much like my reaction to Stewie's rendition of Grape Lady. The bad ones, however, just make me laugh harder than when I see Hot Wing's aids infected adam's apple. xxxredeye, this is where you fall. Your comments are laughable at best. Please continue to be a nonsensical dirty pile so I will have an endless supply of ammo. Also, you're just f'ing weird, coming out with such gems as...

or...

xxxredeye Wrote:has an unbelievably high tolerance and craving for back door parties.

...helikesitinthea-holelikeahomowouldbutalsolikestogiveitcause hehasalotofcranktodoleoutyoubecausehesarockmonster

by the way, does is make me cool that i typed like that, cause i know how cool becky is and well, i think i should be cool too, so uh...?

Maybe you should stop huffing the farts of stray dogs and give your noodle a chance to breathe. Like xxxredeye said, "It's like I'm walking on sunshine!" I'm burnking, and that's what I think.

+1 for the walking on sunshine quote....you're the man Mr. Burnking!!!!
xxxredeye Wrote:
burnking Wrote:Ha, sorry man. I followed, I was trying to be funny by pretending I didn't follow a simple concept. Sarcasm often doesn't play well over the internet.

I think you're a effing moron and the fact that this bothers you is why! Please, please go eat a dick and shut the eff up you gee dee baby!

Little harsh there redeye, don't ya think? Sometimes words don't come across as they are intended due to lack of sarcasm showing up in typing. Be nice please.
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
Who would like a tissue and a tampon?
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
Awesome work, burnking!
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:Who would like a tissue and a tampon?

I'll take a tampon, its been heavy lately! Also, I'm glad that someone cares enough about me to keep track of the retarded things I say... glad to have fans. And, sorry, my ability to type sarcastically isn't as perfect as your own. Honestly though, who really cares enough about how inaccurate Free Beer's ability to predict the weather is! He's not a gee dee meteorologist, he's a talk show host! Do you sit next to a thermometer and call bullshit when he's wrong. Are you like "Nuh uh! It's 34 not 35... you suck so bad! "? I hope you do and I hope it ruins your day every single time FB says the wrong temperature!

Was that better sarcasm?
[Image: SarcasmMeter2.gif]
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:[Image: SarcasmMeter2.gif]

Wow, that good huh?
there's 5 mins out of my life I'll never get back