Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It is what it is
The guys read a couple of E-mails this morning (about 7:00) that called them out for using the phrase "it is what it is." I have noticed a shit ton of people saying this lately, probably the last 4 months or so. It annoys me only because I hear it all of the time. (I'm not a big enough douche to call someone out on it though)

Does anyone know where this came from? Where it started? Was it in a movie or something?
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
i don't know but it is what it is! lolzor.
You're a douche anyway Rock. But with that being said. I hear the phrase lately as well. I'm just getting over saying "yeah yeah yeah" as I understand what someone is saying as i want them to move on with the subject.
Before that was da ta da da da , so on and so forth. I get irritated when i hear "In hindsight' more than twice in a day.
The phrase sounds more like a replacement of C'est la vie (that's life.). Probably came about from people not wanting to reckognize the French. Freedom toast, Freedom Fries, freedom bread. etc. But not the old Music collection ad."It's Freedom Rock man."
This phrase was USA Todays' No. 1 sports quote of 2004, but the origin is from 1949,( best guess) from the Nebraska State Journal.

The article described how pioneer life molded character:
[quote="chlietoris63"]This phrase was USA Todays' No. 1 sports quote of 2004, but the origin is from 1949,( best guess) from the Nebraska State Journal.

The article described how pioneer life molded character:
Since you said this I've been picking up on it more and more. My mother says it all the time too. I just use "whatever".
That's what she said.
Rock Monster Wrote:The guys read a couple of E-mails this morning (about 7:00) that called them out for using the phrase "it is what it is." I have noticed a shit ton of people saying this lately, probably the last 4 months or so. It annoys me only because I hear it all of the time. (I'm not a big enough douche to call someone out on it though)

Does anyone know where this came from? Where it started? Was it in a movie or something?

That is sooooo last year....
jus' P Wrote:
Rock Monster Wrote:The guys read a couple of E-mails this morning (about 7:00) that called them out for using the phrase "it is what it is." I have noticed a shit ton of people saying this lately, probably the last 4 months or so. It annoys me only because I hear it all of the time. (I'm not a big enough douche to call someone out on it though)

That is sooooo last year....
I remember hearing this alot 2 or 3 years ago. Jim Rome mocked it all the time.
Well, I guess that we all learned a lesson today. That it's what's inside a person that counts. And that on the inside, midgets are thieving little bastards.
How about, "What it is, is"
It'll be what it'll be
yeah, just remember, no matter where you go...there you are.
Let it be, Let it be..
Speaking words of wisdom. Let it be.
Well, I guess that we all learned a lesson today. That it's what's inside a person that counts. And that on the inside, midgets are thieving little bastards.
I first started noticing it after they talked about what it meant one time on the show. I think someone said it during the whole steroids/baseball/Congress thing, and FBHW discussed it.
When they try to stick a needle in you with the H1N1 flu vaccine this fall...run as fast as you can the other way!