Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
post your shrub
That's how I figured it all out too...mom's handwriting...that's why I use 1 type of paper for each girl and leave their stocking on their pile of presents..Alyson has blue paper with cartoon dogs and KatieBell has green Santa paper. I wrap the mom and dad gifts in different paper and label those.
Your parents were creative with all the presents coming from Santa, Mrs. Claus, Ruduloph....very nice!!! What a great idea!
BTW how's the tree? LOVE those cats....
It's nice to see all the parents come out with their creativity. All this has made me smile.
Allyson Wrote:My parents used to do everything from Santa and his crew - I'd get some from Rudolph, Mrs. Claus, etc. My mother wrote all the labels and letters but apparently underestimated my intelligence because before long I recognized her handwriting.

Hello . . . Momma didn't raise no fool!!
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
I tell my husband that I am Santa, you just finance the deal. Wink
My boyfriend's mother yelled at us that it's sacrilegious to have a fake tree.

I think it's sacrilegious to have strings of fish and cow lights on your tree.

Difference of opinion I suppose.
That's what she said.
Allyson Wrote:My boyfriend's mother yelled at us that it's sacrilegious to have a fake tree.

You should have told her that next year you will have a real tree if she buys it, comes over and vacuums the fallen needles every day, and disposes of it after x-mas. That would have shut her up. (even though I agree, that you have to have a real tree, but understand why some don't)
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
Rock Monster Wrote:
Allyson Wrote:My boyfriend's mother yelled at us that it's sacrilegious to have a fake tree.

You should have told her that next year you will have a real tree if she buys it, comes over and vacuums the fallen needles every day, and disposes of it after x-mas. That would have shut her up. (even though I agree, that you have a=to have a real tree, but understand why some don't)

And carry it up the stairs to my second floor apartment.
That's what she said.
I think my fake tree looks good, and I can use it again next year. What happens to your real tree?
sunshyne Wrote:I think my fake tree looks good, and I can use it again next year. What happens to your real tree?

Fake trees may look ok, but nothing beats the looks of the real thing. Or the smell of the real thing. As for this years tree, I will put it in my fire pit, play with fire, and drink while I watch it burn. Next year, I will be getting a potted tree, so I can plant it in my yard.
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
Potted trees are cool, I might do that next year as well.
Plus, fake trees are bad for the environment, and you have to worry about storing it for 11 months out of the year.
old christmas trees make great housing for birds in the winter. cut the boughs off and lean them against a snow bank...or just lean the tree up somewhere near a feeder...the'll hide in the dead tree and then eat from the feeder....keeps little birds safe from hawks.

it's also fun to set the christmas tree on fire at the end of the season....put it in a snowbank away from the house and light it up...they'll burn like hell with little effort!
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"