• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Metallica vocals only
DUDE ! ! !

HOLY F !

did you hear that ?

More proof that Metallica owns the world

I want that as my ring tone
Wowie Groovie !
Yea, I was very glad to hear they didn't rip on them for something. I was sweating bullets.
didnt hear but i am going to be that guy that jumps into this thread and say metallica sucks...so here goes...

metallica sucks
roybundlz Wrote:metallica sucks

OMG EF U METALLICA RULEZ TEH WORLDZ THEY R TEH BEST EVR

(just kidding, I hate metallica too)
Titan ! Wrote:DUDE ! ! !

HOLY F !

did you hear that ?

More proof that Metallica owns the world

I want that as my ring tone

i agree
roybundlz Wrote:didnt hear but i am going to be that guy that jumps into this thread and say metallica sucks...so here goes...

metallica sucks

zetsyuk Wrote:
roybundlz Wrote:metallica sucks

OMG EF U METALLICA RULEZ TEH WORLDZ THEY R TEH BEST EVR

You two sleep in the same bed don't you ?
Wowie Groovie !
Titan ! Wrote:
roybundlz Wrote:didnt hear but i am going to be that guy that jumps into this thread and say metallica sucks...so here goes...

metallica sucks

zetsyuk Wrote:OMG EF U METALLICA RULEZ TEH WORLDZ THEY R TEH BEST EVR

Why? You want to join in and bring along the camera?
I can't wait tell Guitar hero meltallica comes out then we can hear isolated Master of Puppets. The ones that are out their right now are the ones that are isolated through Rock Band. Here's Battery http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SoG2eKCM...e=related. If you have a full band set you can isolate any song available for Rock band 2. Ohh yah here's Cornell from sondgarden's god like voice http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CykTEffKH...e=related.
i laughed
Hetfield has a great voice for metal.
potthole Wrote:
Titan ! Wrote:You two sleep in the same bed don't you ?

Why? You want to join in and bring along the camera?

ya know Phole, for someone who hates me and "doesn't take me seriously" you sure seem to be quick to jump in with the powerhouse insults. Isn't there somone else who you'd rather heap your misplaced man love on ?
Wowie Groovie !
Titan ! Wrote:
potthole Wrote:Why? You want to join in and bring along the camera?

ya know Phole, for someone who hates me and "doesn't take me seriously" you sure seem to be quick to jump in with the powerhouse insults. Isn't there somone else who you'd rather heap your misplaced man love on ?

Large men require large amounts of love.
potthole Wrote:Large men require large amounts of love.

sounds like the voice of experience...

METALLICA ROCKS
Titan ! Wrote:

metallica sucks

zetsyuk Wrote:OMG EF U METALLICA RULEZ TEH WORLDZ THEY R TEH BEST EVR

My question, and nobody ever answers this with anything approaching a coherent, thought out response, is what is so great about Metallica? All of their songs sound the same.

HARD INTRO
HETFIELD GROWLS AND SAYS HEY A BUNCH OF TIMES
SOLO
MORE GROWLING
SOLO
SOLO
SOLO
OUTRO

I just don't get it. That Thin Lizzy cover they did was good, though.
If I have to explain it then you wouldn't understand.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
zetsyuk Wrote:My question, and nobody ever answers this with anything approaching a coherent, thought out response, is what is so great about Metallica? All of their songs sound the same.

You could say that about a lot of groups from different genres of music.

I don't like most country songs because to me it's all the same.

Who do you like?
zetsyuk Wrote:My question, and nobody ever answers this with anything approaching a coherent, thought out response, is what is so great about Metallica? All of their songs sound the same.
this doesn't explain why i only like some of their stuff
zetsyuk Wrote:
Titan ! Wrote:You two sleep in the same bed don't you ?

My question, and nobody ever answers this with anything approaching a coherent, thought out response, is what is so great about Metallica? All of their songs sound the same.

HARD INTRO
SOLO
MORE GROWLING
SOLO
SOLO
SOLO
OUTRO

It's metal, it's how it's done.
ChevSSCamaro67 Wrote:

HARD INTRO
SOLO
MORE GROWLING
SOLO
SOLO
SOLO
OUTRO

It's metal, it's how it's done.

just like country music is all pickup trucks and alcoholic fathers
jus' P Wrote:You could say that about a lot of groups from different genres of music.

I don't like most country songs because to me it's all the same.

Who do you like?

Mostly I was seeing how much of a rise I'd get out of people with those comments, but when I hear Metallica I really can't figure out which song is which most of the time. I do like One, Turn the Page, Whiskey in the Jar, and Fuel. Plus the S&M CD was awesome sounding.

It's people's obsession with Metallica that baffles me.

And why do people keep digging on country as a retaliation? I enjoy every genre except rap/r&b.
Why does it bother you that people have an obsession with Metallica? It could be crack.
ChevSSCamaro67 Wrote:Why does it bother you that people have an obsession with Metallica? It could be crack.

it doesn't bother me, it's an observation.

mmm crack
A lot of 'Tallica's (that's how cool people write it Wink) early stuff can sounds similar, but they definitely had songs that stick out back then like Fade to Black and For Whom the Bell Tolls.

As for the isolated vocals, James is great at metal or at least has been since he went through puberty around the time of "And Jusice for All" and his voice changed.

Just curious, any fans here like anything after S&M? I've rocked out to everything from Seek and Destroy to Enter Sandman to Whiskey in a Jar, but I didn't care for Some Kind of Monster, and I'm indifferent to their most recent stuff.
Oh god.
Metallica's recent stuff.
Every time I hear the new single on the radio I want to rip my ears off and vomit out of the orifices.
It's effin' AWFUL. I hate saying that about metallica though. They used to be one of my favorite bands. Hell, even Load and Re-Load weren't as bad as the last two albums.
I must agree their recent stuff bores me...and thats depressing for me to say I loved them growing up........in a way it reminds me of tool.....making way too big a production out of every song
pants on the ground! pants on the ground!
I've been a Metallica fan as far back as the Justice days. Everything beyond Justice has been sub-par. I've liked a few songs off of each album after but nothing compared to previous. The genre they came into was thrash and speed. None of which they have now. Load and reload had some country vibes to it and it was more mellow. St. Anger was an attempt at the nu metal market which failed miserbably. Death Magnetic sounds better than the previous three albums but nothing like 1988 and before. IMO, the best album they have in their library, is MOP. Speed, heavy guitars, tempo changes aplenty and fantastic solos. AJFA is second on my list, again, great drums, extremely technical guitars, tempos, awesome vocals and great speed. Bad part of the album is the bass line is low so to me it sounds like the treble on my cd player is all the way up. Kill em' all was great, production was bad on it but the music is awesome. Ride the Lightning was good as well, long drawn out songs but they were cool. Metallica's cover album Garage Days from '87 was wicked. S&M was terrible, an orchestra with a metal band? Never understood it. I have a vast library of thrash and speed metal so, I'm kind of a know it all.....ha!
KeA - AJFA = brilliance

Black = great album but too polished and overplayed on mainstream radio

Load & Reload = lots of brilliant moments. Enjoyable if you can let go of Metallica's hair.

S & M = sounds good with the Load/Reload stuff because that music is much more deep and emotional in nature. Complete travesty with the progressive metal stuff.

St. Anger = shit sandwich. Some good music but WTF were they thinking with the mix and the lyrical hodgepodge? I watch the dvd and appreciate the guitar work.

Death Magnetic = brilliance if you can ignore the clipping. Mixed far too hot.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Admin Wrote:KeA - AJFA = brilliance

Black = great album but too polished and overplayed on mainstream radio

Load & Reload = lots of brilliant moments. Enjoyable if you can let go of Metallica's hair.

S & M = sounds good with the Load/Reload stuff because that music is much more deep and emotional in nature. Complete travesty with the progressive metal stuff.

St. Anger = shit sandwich. Some good music but WTF were they thinking with the mix and the lyrical hodgepodge? I watch the dvd and appreciate the guitar work.

Death Magnetic = brilliance if you can ignore the clipping. Mixed far too hot.

He's got it. I gotta disagree with the S&M stuff though, One and Call of the Cthulu was awesome.
S&M is possibly the greatest musical achievement since Beethoven's 5th.

I may be the only Metallica fan who actually likes St. Anger.

Death Magnetic is pretty good.

Enter Sandman is the single greatest song of all time.

And how cool was it in Old School when the boys are tearing ass in their van kidnapping the new pledges while Master of Puppets rips in the background.
Wowie Groovie !
Titan ! Wrote:And how cool was it in Old School when the boys are tearing ass in their van kidnapping the new pledges while Master of Puppets rips in the background.

That is what comes to mind whenever I hear that song. I agree completely, it was a great use of the song.
potthole Wrote:
Titan ! Wrote:And how cool was it in Old School when the boys are tearing ass in their van kidnapping the new pledges while Master of Puppets rips in the background.

That is what comes to mind whenever I hear that song. I agree completely, it was a great use of the song.

that was the only time i ever enjoyed a Metallica song...

edit*

TOTP
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
Don't like Metallica...
Soooo...

Where the F is my vocals only ringtone ?

C'mon I aint got all F'ing day bitch
Wowie Groovie !
Or you could try doing it yourself.