Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
And the nominees are...
Heath Ledger was nominated for Best Actor in a Supporting Role this morning, one year to the day after his death.

While I think he absolutely deserves to win it, there's a part of me that sorta hopes he doesn't, just because if he DOES, there will always be people saying "He only won because he died", which to me couldn't be further from the truth.

Anyone else's thoughts?
"Doubt" received three top nominations. I haven't seen it yet, and probably won't until it comes out on DVD. The trailer looks great and Meryl Streep is definitely a great leading actress. However, everytime I see her or hear her name, the same thing goes through my head . . . "a dingo stole my baby!"
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
There's some serious competition in the main categories. Doubt, Milk, Frost Nixon....it's going ot be an interesting year.
Ledger got nominated for Dark Knight I assume?

I didn't like that movie...he did a decent job though.
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:Ledger got nominated for Dark Knight I assume?

I didn't like that movie...he did a decent job though.

you and I must be the only ones. I fell asleep on it twice and it took me 2 weeks to finally get around to watching it all. Netflix is the best.
No, the movie itself wasn't great. Christian Bale was AWESOME in the first one, but less so in #2. The only reason TDK was so incredible was because of the Joker. You're hardly alone!