Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has this ever happened to you?
I was just sitting here, listening to the podcast, and someone came in and casually asked, "Whatcha listening to?"

I felt so friggin' STUPID telling him. I know, it's a stupid name. I know that the guys acknowledge it's a stupid name. And I even know that in the past I've been asked the same question...but it got me thinking. Has anyone else felt like a total douche when they had to say the name of the show aloud?
God, all the time.
I hate the look that people give you when you say the show name too. Like they're judging your character and level of intelligence.

More often than not I'll be sitting quietly somewhere listening to the podcast and then just blurt out laughing randomly. That's when all eyes gaze upon me and I just have to give them a shrug, shake my head and point to my earbuds all while doing the look that says: "Yeah, I know I look like a total tool"

It's devastating.
hotzester Wrote:I was just sitting here, listening to the podcast, and someone came in and casually asked, "Whatcha listening to?"

I felt so friggin' STUPID telling him. I know, it's a stupid name. I know that the guys acknowledge it's a stupid name. And I even know that in the past I've been asked the same question...but it got me thinking. Has anyone else felt like a total douche when they had to say the name of the show aloud?

Wear your shirt or hoodie shopping and see the looks you get. It's pretty funny to watch people going out of their way to read what's on it. And then, they make the most confused face . . . kind of a WTF face. Big Grin
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
HAHA Sometimes it's tough, but I always try to contain the laughter just because I don't want to have THAT encounter...saying the name aloud is bad enough!

EDIT: Queenie, at least in that particular instance it's got a logo. Verbally, less so. I actually usually unconsciously say the name so fast it comes out, "Furbur and Hawings" and hope that they don't question it further. But in this particular instance he questioned it, so I had to repeat it, and when I mentioned it was a morning show, he of course picked up on the fact that it's 3:30 in the afternoon, so I had to explain that it was a podcast....ugh.
The other day I was sitting at my desk, laughing my head off to the podcast. One of my coworkers, an older woman, was walking by, knowing what I had playing in my headphones. As she went past she said to me, "The wings must be smokin' right now!"

It took the longest time for her to understand that I podcast a radio show called "Free Beer and Hot Wings", and that yes, that was the real name of it.
nobody's asked me the show name at work yet. they just see the calendar on the cubicle wall. it's funny watching them struggling to act undistracted.