Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Texas Affiliate?
Sounds like it to me!

During the end of the local break (in GR) at about 7:30 today, Zane had mentioned that they were going to have to get rid of the Texas drops and Free beer said "Damn success!"

What do you think?
yeah, i just tuned in online for the first time in forever and that was the first thing i heard. the "steers and queers" drop i'd never even heard before today!

it did kind of seem like they were implying that they were getting a Texas affiliate.....that'd be sooo cool. i got fams down there that would love the show.
If it is true, I just wonder what city! Is it big or small?
they won't say.....bunch of teases.
If I had to guess, knowing what little I do know about Texas, I would have to guess Austin. I hear they have a very midwestern feel there.

[Image: a704_bm.gif]
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
Eff Austin, bunch of pussies.
Probably El Paso....Three Regent Stations there...hopefully the KLAQ one...that would be hilarious. PPL in West MI will know why.

http://www.regentcomm.com/El%20Paso_TX.htm
micyek Wrote:Probably El Paso....Three Regent Stations there...hopefully the KLAQ one...that would be hilarious. PPL in West MI will know why.

http://www.regentcomm.com/El%20Paso_TX.htm

Wow, I get it, almost like KLQ.... hi-Effing-larious! Haha! Not!

By the way, it very well could be a Regent station, but its not necessarily going to be the case. Other companies do broadcast them in the same listening areas as Regent stations, its all up to the market.
I didn't mean to piss in your cheerios.
micyek Wrote:I didn't mean to piss in your cheerios.

I enjoyed it, just wish I had a little warning! Most days I'm wearing the cheerios!
I wonder if the new affiliate is going to be in a hick area of Texas? I can't wait to hear more retarded hicks call in, just like Arkansas!
xxxredeye Wrote:I wonder if the new affiliate is going to be in a hick area of Texas? I can't wait to hear more retarded hicks call in, just like Arkansas!
Hey now! Them are fightin words.
Well, I guess that we all learned a lesson today. That it's what's inside a person that counts. And that on the inside, midgets are thieving little bastards.
That's what I intended! Effing hicks!
Sounds like someone's never been to Texas!
xxxredeye Wrote:That's what I intended! effing hicks!
For the record I have met way more "hicks" up North than I ever did back home.
Well, I guess that we all learned a lesson today. That it's what's inside a person that counts. And that on the inside, midgets are thieving little bastards.
I don't doubt it, I was just effing with ya! I'm actually just interested in hearing that part of the country! I never really thought that Texas was full of Hicks, just sturing up some conversation.
It is full of root'in toot'in high flute'n shoot'm up cowpokes however.
"Sir, You need to get out of your car, there is a train comming."
"Why ummm... uhhh did you ummm... feel the need to errrrr, god why can't I type!!"
From what I gather they sign on Monday the 23rd.
When they try to stick a needle in you with the H1N1 flu vaccine this fall...run as fast as you can the other way!
daredevil1 Wrote:From what I gather they sign on Monday the 23rd.

Interesting, considering that the guys have said quite a few times that they'll be off on the 23rd and 24th.
potthole Wrote:
daredevil1 Wrote:From what I gather they sign on Monday the 23rd.

Interesting, considering that the guys have said quite a few times that they'll be off on the 23rd and 24th.

No, they are off the 16th and 17th.
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
Eff. You're right. My sense of the date is all out of order... at work I'm working on schedules that are always two weeks out, so I think it's a later date than it actually is.

Foot, meet potthole's mouth.
I looked at KLAQ's website, and they have a morning show with 4 people. - Pretty expensive in these tough economic times (as they say). A good way to trim some fat would be to syndicate! Plus, based on the topics they have on their website (Joaquin's Late Show appearance, Nadya Suleman, even "This is Why You're Fat"), it should be an easy-enough transition.

Should we email them and tell them they're about to be fired?
No
From what I gathered the hockey fight clip they talk about took place in Corpus Christi or at the involved the Corpus Christi hockey team. They also said that the new affiliate was involved with the team/city. So it looks like I was wrong about El Paso.
We're probably not allowed to email any of them and tell 'em they're about to be fired, are we? Plus, it's not that obvious which station they'll be on. There's no rock station, just some religious stations, Spanish stations, AC stations, a top-40, a country station, an oldies station, and some miscallaneous ones that I doubt they'll be on.

I hope these dicks get fired though because of their stupid show schedule:

http://www.hotz95.com/page.php?page_id=5073

(P.S. for those who can't tell and are a bit sensitive, I don't really want people to get fired, I'm just popping-off.)
Moobs Minger Wrote:We're probably not allowed to email any of them and tell 'em they're about to be fired, are we? Plus, it's not that obvious which station they'll be on. There's no rock station, just some religious stations, Spanish stations, AC stations, a top-40, a country station, an oldies station, and some miscallaneous ones that I doubt they'll be on.

I hope these dicks get fired though because of their stupid show schedule:

http://www.hotz95.com/page.php?page_id=5073

(P.S. for those who can't tell and are a bit sensitive, I don't really want people to get fired, I'm just popping-off.)

Heeeyyyy . . . popping-off guy!!
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
All of my money, my house, and my retirement are betting on Corpus Christi.

I'll quit this bitch if i'm wrong.
A few days ago Free Beer said that one of their new affiliates would be "as far west as the show has been". Hot Wings added that it was possibly "as far south as they've been". I immediately thought "Texas!". While it could be any of the cities mentioned, I'm really hoping it's the Dallas/Ft. Worth area. I am moving there in a few months and I would love to be able to listen to them over the air, rather than becoming a podcaster. I know they would kill in that market as well! I have family and friends there and they would totally get the show. I guess we'll find out on Monday if any of us picked the right city. Has anyone heard where the other affiliate is?