Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sportier Than Thou no more
With Free Beer constantly trouncing everybody's butt at this game because he knows everything. Could we just say he is basically unbeatable and dump it?

Even the guys on the show seem not to look forward to it the last month or so.

Maybe put in an intern stunt instead.

Yes = To Keep it
No = To Dump it
Not so Often = Not so Often
I'm not sure how to answer the poll, because the question is multiple choice, but the answers are yes/no.

Whatever I'm supposed to click in order to vote for it to go away.
I'm not saying how I voted.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
I voted 'yes'. I hope they keep it and make it go away.
Do I get negative Karma for not reading my poll to see if it makes sense or not ?
Nah, I'll exalt you just because it made me chuckle. lol
There simply must be a better way to weed out the idiots who want to play. What if they arranged an all-out battle -- Free Beer vs. Howie Schwab?
That's what she said.
catspaw65 Wrote:Do I get negative Karma for not reading my poll to see if it makes sense or not ?
Nope, you edited your post and made it clear. That being said, I enjoy listening in the hopes that once in a while, someone worthwhile will call up.
I very rarely enjoy it, just because they can't ever get anyone worthy to play.
Stop reading the qualifying question on the air.

Don't even take the calls on the air. The call screener has the qualifying question and asks people for the answer when they call in. This will eliminate people who are ONLY calling because they know the answer to the qualifier AND people who just looked it up online.

You could make it even more efficient by having like 20 qualifying questions and just cylcing through them on EVERY call until someone got one right.

After a while, people who didn't know much about sports would be completely discouraged from calling because they'd have no chance to get the question right, meaning you're more likely to get someone on the air who has a broader knowledge base.

El Matador would probably even beat the typical "Sports Nut" six or seven times out of ten. But for me this game would be a lot more fun to listen to if the TOTAL morons weren't playing on the air anymore.
say what you want but the EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLL MATADOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOREEE
is funny stuff! AND the funniest bit EVER was the Air Horn! I have never laughed so hard when they did that and then played the sister stations on air recording. that was too good.
If they ditch the segment. Then we won't get to hear Joe scream....ELLLLLLLLLLL MATADORRRRRR.
minger1024 Wrote:I voted 'yes'. I hope they keep it and make it go away.

LMAO
Wiener Poopie 2.0! Now fatter and less credible!
I enjoy this part of the show.....but I wouldn't mind seeing it go if we got more 'Lite Rock and Classic Talk with Greg and Chris' or more Dude Shadoway.
I have about 0 interest in any sport thats not soccer (let the insults fly, do it) or hockey, and i still really enjoy this bit. I think i would actually want it shit canned if the listeners started performing well on a semi-regular basis, then it would be boring.
I enjoy listening and playing from home. After I got my butt handed to me a couple weeks back (sorry guys for calling in and trying- Zane, my wife got a kick out of how you said she's cheating on me), I've realized that I'm going to stay on the sidelines and just listen, but I think it's still a good game.
Potthole, are you the guy who had just gotten married? Zane said something about no one loving you, and you mentioned that you'd just gotten married "So someone loves me"???

I remember you!!
I say keep it couse i love flipping over to the local station and hearing them say that was old millwakee and buffalo wild winds need more of the horn
hotzester Wrote:Potthole, are you the guy who had just gotten married? Zane said something about no one loving you, and you mentioned that you'd just gotten married "So someone loves me"???

I remember you!!

Yeah, that was me. :-[

Some weeks from home, I'll do great, others I'll do what I did on air. It all depends on the questions. I think I mostly felt bad for getting Zane pissed at my sucky score- I didn't care that I sounded like a fool or that they were ripping on me, I just felt like I let down the show.
Should be a once-a-month segment. Freebeer is so dominant it is pointless to do it weekly. They should do some kind of online trivia thingy (thats technical speak right thurr) to find the contestant.

Also, FB, I know you'll eventually read this. I find it amazing someone around your age has soooo much sports knowledge. I'm 28 and I was on track to be a big time sports nerd (no offense), but as life goes, you have less and less time for sports. I guess you never ran out of time for your passion. I envy you. Good day.
Keep the bit, it's fun to play along
My sports knowledge is minimal to none (worse than Hot Wings), but I enjoy this bit, especially when Zane gets pissed or he and Hot Wings mock the caller - but I also enjoy it because El Matador continues to amaze me with how much he knows. Hearing him give one wrong answer and immediately give the right one when he realizes he was wrong actually impresses me more than when he gets it right the first time.

I don't remember "Just got married, someone must love me" but I do remember Scott!

Good times, good times.
man keep it i love hearing joe yell eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll mmmmmmmmmmmmmmaaaaaaaaaaaaattttttttttttttttttttaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaddddddddddddddoooooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!! !!!!!!!
It's a decent segment but I think it's lame that they keep Sportier Than Thou but dump Uncanny Impressions. UI is always funny. STT is only funny when Zane lets the idiot listener have it.
I am the irrepressible dark horse.
Film it. Listen to it. Live it. Love it.

All the best,
The Mayor of Awesometown