Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dropped in C-U?
Wow! What a crappy day to start a week! I get in my car this morning and flip to 99.1 in Champaign, IL to listen to my morning dose of FBHW only to be met with "Runaway" by Bon Jovi. I call the station and they tell me that they no longer carry the show.

I am now depressed. We're too far from Springfield to be able to pick up the show, so now I must live without. Anyone else in the Champaign-Urbana area fired up that FBHW is gone?

By the way. If anyone from the show is reasing this, I thought you guys were awesome, and I wish you were still on. It's a sad day in central Illinois for this fan. Sad
ryo69 Wrote:Wow! What a crappy day to start a week! I get in my car this morning and flip to 99.1 in Champaign, IL to listen to my morning dose of FBHW only to be met with "Runaway" by Bon Jovi. I call the station and they tell me that they no longer carry the show.

I am now depressed. We're too far from Springfield to be able to pick up the show, so now I must live without. Anyone else in the Champaign-Urbana area fired up that FBHW is gone?

By the way. If anyone from the show is reasing this, I thought you guys were awesome, and I wish you were still on. It's a sad day in central Illinois for this fan. Sad

Looks like it's pod-cast time!
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
Dude. Invest in a satellite radio. I am this week. Drive over the road and today I am in aurora,illionois. Tomorrow who knows. Back home in tn 102.9 the buzz is who carries the fbhw show
Major A-hole Wrote:Dude. Invest in a satellite radio. I am this week. Drive over the road and today I am in aurora,illionois. Tomorrow who knows. Back home in tn 102.9 the buzz is who carries the fbhw show

How is that going to help him listen to the show?
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
I may have to sign up for the podcast. It's still a bummer that they've been pulled out of this market.
ryo69 Wrote:I may have to sign up for the podcast. It's still a bummer that they've been pulled out of this market.
Oh man, it's def. worth it. $30/year or $3/month = cheap.as.hell!
Well, I guess that we all learned a lesson today. That it's what's inside a person that counts. And that on the inside, midgets are thieving little bastards.
Thanks for listening and hopefully we'll be back on soon in the market!

Free beer
Rock Monster Wrote:
Major A-hole Wrote:Dude. Invest in a satellite radio. I am this week. Drive over the road and today I am in aurora,illionois. Tomorrow who knows. Back home in tn 102.9 the buzz is who carries the fbhw show

How is that going to help him listen to the show?

If he wanted to listen to it live on the Buzz he could on their website.
sunshyne Wrote:
Rock Monster Wrote:How is that going to help him listen to the show?

If he wanted to listen to it live on the Buzz he could on their website.

Doesn't explain how him buying a satellite radio would help him listen to FBHW.
oh, Smile I thought you were talking about the buzz thing. Yeah, i would just podcast, unless you were already wanting a satellite radio.
Im with potthole and rock monster on the whole "how is buying a satellite radio gunna enable him to listen to FBHW" thing
I completely agree. It was absolutely the worst way ever to start a Monday. My drive to work will never be the same without What Hot Wings Thinks. I'll miss the show terribly but wish you guys all the best! You really are awesome at what you do!
You can still listen online and the podcasts are really inexpensive.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
I want to know how he going to get his desktop computer and internet connection in his car?
not everyone has a laptop with a wireless card.
Yeah but you can buy MP3 players for cheap these days. You can find half-way decent ones for $30+$30 for a podcast for an entire year. Not a bad deal.
Well, I guess that we all learned a lesson today. That it's what's inside a person that counts. And that on the inside, midgets are thieving little bastards.
Burn a CD. Then you don't even have to invest in an MP3 player. Chances are good that if his computer can handle a podcast, he's running a burner.
Any update yet? I've called and sent emails, just wondering if it's doing any good?
thanks
dbow
Somehow get internet radio in your car and listen to QLZ. Sorry for your loss, I might be looking for a roomate in Springfield soon...
I feel your pain. They were dropped in the Philly/Trenton market awhile ago. I'm guessing it's been about 2yrs. I'm still pissed!! I can catch them on another Jersey station (when I can get the reception). I don't have time for the podcast. I still hold out hope for a return to the Philly market.