Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hulu.com
Does anyone use Hulu.com regularly?

Are the videos high quality, or is it like you tube?
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
I do. I use it to watch tv shows because the quality is usually a lot better than the network's website. In my opinion, as far as quality is concerned, it's better than youtube.

The incredible thing is that you can get it free on the internet, so you can even check it out for yourself.
burnking Wrote:The incredible thing is that you can get it free on the internet, so you can even check it out for yourself.

That would require getting online at home....

Would it still be OK quality on a 47" TV?

Here's my situation:
I recently got a Nintendo Wii. I am thinking about purchasing the internet browser for it ($5... yes, I'm cheap) The only use I see for the browser is to go to hulu, and watch shows that I don't get to see each week. If it isn't decent quality, it would be a waste of money. If it is OK quality, it would be with it.
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
I believe Hulu just directs you to the network's website. I've watched ABC episodes online and hooked it up to my 52" TV and it still looks great.
That's what she said.
Yeah these aren't videos created by just random people like YouTube. Like Allyson said they pretty much come straight from the networks.
Well, I guess that we all learned a lesson today. That it's what's inside a person that counts. And that on the inside, midgets are thieving little bastards.
It's also pretty cool that it's FREE!!
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
that would be a pretty cool setup RM, i DVR shows like South Park, Scrubs, and then movies...but some shows like South park....I don't want to see most of the episodes cause they sucked...or the politcal undertones have no more meaning.

I'm envious, I can't get highspeed where I'm at, hell i can't even get caller ID for my home phone.
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
My connection is pretty good. I guess I'll have to test how good it is with my computer some day. My only problem is that I have wireless, and let my neighbors steal it, so that will slow me down a bit.
i'd block the jokers out when you want to stream vid....unless they're pitching in for the connection.
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
I've been watching Arrested Development and I think it's very decent. I get to sit and watch all the shows that I've missed for free and when ever I want! Love hulu.
your momma Wrote:I've been watching Arrested Development and I think it's very decent. I get to sit and watch all the shows that I've missed for free and when ever I want! Love hulu.

AD is the best thing ever...and hulu is better for it
Allyson Wrote:I believe Hulu just directs you to the network's website. I've watched ABC episodes online and hooked it up to my 52" TV and it still looks great.

Hulu is actually owned by NBC, FOX (News Corp.), Universal (USA, Sci-Fi) and a few other subsidiaries (http://www.hulu.com/about). If you want to check out something from CBS, ABC or Nickelodeon or whatever, it directs you to that network's website. They also have movies, though they're mostly older/lower profile.
Where would we be without the agitators of the world attaching the electrodes of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?
I sometimes wish there was a slightly expanded selection of shows on Hulu, but that's only because they don't have a couple of shows I'd like to see.
hulu is cool but you should also check out joost.com
basically the same just different things. i has given me a chance to catch up on naruto Smile
not to mention it has ren and stimpy
It matters not how straight the gate, how charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul.
[spoiler]Shit, you took away the black bar. Put it the fuck back now![/spoiler]
Philly Mike Wrote:hulu is cool but you should also check out joost.com
basically the same just different things. i has given me a chance to catch up on naruto Smile

Man, I'm glad you posted this. I knew about Hulu but I didn't know about joost. I checked it out and found a bunch of shows I have been wanting to watch and get caught up on. I think I'm never getting cable again.
Well, I guess that we all learned a lesson today. That it's what's inside a person that counts. And that on the inside, midgets are thieving little bastards.
Philly Mike Wrote:hulu is cool but you should also check out joost.com

That's wonderful! I don't care what other shows it has, the simple fact that it has Ren and Stimpy won me over.
happy happy joy joy....
I'll teach you to be happy, I'll teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
Best. Show. Ever.
Here we go...
It rolls down stairs, it rolls in pairs and over your neighbors dog.
It's great for a snack, it fits on your back, it's log, log, log!
It's loooog, it's loooog, it's big, it's heavy, it's wood
It's loooog, it's loooog, it's better than bad, it's good!

(I'm sad, that's purely from memory)
burnking Wrote:Here we go...
It rolls down stairs, it rolls in pairs and over your neighbors dog.
It's great for a snack, it fits on your back, it's log, log, log!
It's loooog, it's loooog, it's big, it's heavy, it's wood
It's loooog, it's loooog, it's better than bad, it's good!

(I'm sad, that's purely from memory)

Everyone wants a log. You're gonna love it, log. Everyone needs a log. You're gonna want it, log!

I'm a sad pitiful case too....
Rock Monster Wrote:
burnking Wrote:The incredible thing is that you can get it free on the internet, so you can even check it out for yourself.

Here's my situation:
I recently got a Nintendo Wii. I am thinking about purchasing the internet browser for it ($5... yes, I'm cheap) The only use I see for the browser is to go to hulu, and watch shows that I don't get to see each week. If it isn't decent quality, it would be a waste of money. If it is OK quality, it would be with it.

you don't have a DVR?? criminy man, get with the times!
Jo Wrote:
Rock Monster Wrote:That would require getting online at home....

Here's my situation:

you don't have a DVR?? criminy man, get with the times!

As I have previously stated, I am cheap. I had a choice between HD and DVR.... HD won.
Rock Monster Wrote:
Jo Wrote:you don't have a DVR?? criminy man, get with the times!

As I have previously stated, I am cheap. I had a choice between HD and DVR.... HD won.

you suck at decision making.
Jo Wrote:
Rock Monster Wrote:As I have previously stated, I am cheap. I had a choice between HD and DVR.... HD won.

you suck at decision making.

...from someone that listens to country music, and doesn't watch LOST.
Rock Monster Wrote:
Jo Wrote:you suck at decision making.

...from someone that listens to awesome country music and doesn't watch the most retarded, willy-nilly, show Lost.

hey thanks. you're a pal.
Rock Monster Wrote:

Here's my situation:

While the wii browser isn't amazing there are a few good things to do with it.
if you have a digital copy of a movie on your PC you can use orb.com to watch the movie on your TV through your wii from your PC. as far as hulu and joost go, I am unsure if it works on there but i will get back to you on it when i get a chance to start my wii. i was one of the lucky ones, I got the wii when it first came out and when the first launched the browser in beta it was free, and if you got it at that time it is completely free. You can also play a lot of flash games, there is a couple of wii game flash sites like www.wiiarcade.com or www.wiicade.com. you can find a few fun things there too.
It matters not how straight the gate, how charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul.
[spoiler]Shit, you took away the black bar. Put it the fuck back now![/spoiler]
If you like Ren and Stimpy then I would suggest watching Spongebob. It isn't quite as funny but it's a very close second.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Admin Wrote:If you like Ren and Stimpy then I would suggest watching Spongebob. It isn't quite as funny but it's a very close second.

I found that show went downhill immediately following the movie.
Admin Wrote:If you like Ren and Stimpy then I would suggest watching Spongebob. It isn't quite as funny but it's a very close second.

Every time I think of Spongebob, this comes to mind (not verbatim, but if you've seen it you'll know what I'm referring to):

Patrick: Good thing he didn't pull the secret string, that opens the secret compartment that holds the embarrassing picture of him at the Christmas party!
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
potthole Wrote:

I found that show went downhill immediately following the movie.

i don't know about 'downhill' but it definitly took a different path....

some of the newer episodes have caused some goofy 'drop' type random quotes for my boy and i...

"Spongegloss!"
Rock Monster Wrote:...from someone that listens to country music, and doesn't watch LOST.

Careful, I also fall into both of those buckets.
burnking Wrote:
Rock Monster Wrote:...from someone that listens to country music, and doesn't watch LOST.

If you want to compare yourself to Jo.... I guess whatever floats your boat, right?
burnking Wrote:

Burnking & Jo:
[Image: 105716.jpg]
AWWWW congratulations you two wacky love birds!!
Close but that pic is a little old, now she looks ever better with her spray on tan and fake tubes
burnking Wrote:Close but that pic is a little old, now she looks ever better with her spray on tan and fake tubes

my tan is lotioned on and my bra is padded. you don't know me at all!

if it weren't for our son Boris.....ugh, you'd be out on your ass.
Boris looks like his daddy.

[Image: redneck-1.jpg]
Jo Wrote:
burnking Wrote:Close but that pic is a little old, now she looks ever better with her spray on tan and fake tubes

my tan is lotioned on and my bra is padded. you don't know me at all!

if it weren't for our son Boris.....ugh, you'd be out on your ass.

You won't do it. Maybe if you made any money working the streets you'd be able to support yourself, but you need me.