Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teenagers Away!!
http://trainhorns.net/sound/

supposedly this sound is only audible to younger than 25. I'm almost 28 and I think I heard it.
I heard it and I'm 28
thinkgeek.com has an 'annoyatron' that you can buy, it'll randomly emit this noise and you can hide it under someones desk and let them go nuts. A co-worker of mine bought one, it has a magnet on it and we move it all around the office to drive my supervisor bananas...everyone pretends that they can't hear it, it's awesome
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:thinkgeek.com has an 'annoyatron' that you can buy, it'll randomly emit this noise and you can hide it under someones desk and let them go nuts. A co-worker of mine bought one, it has a magnet on it and we move it all around the office to drive my supervisor bananas...everyone pretends that they can't hear it, it's awesome

AH ha ha
I heard nothing and I'm 23 and 358 days old.
"I'm glad to see those 'Worthless Whore' lessons turned out well for you."
http://www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/electronic/b278/
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
Krystal Wrote:I heard nothing and I'm 23 and 358 days old.

I haven't tried it, and I'm 26 and 377 days old.
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
Well, I heard it and i'll be 43 in April. I do, however, have super-sensitive hearing because of all my kids. Momma don't miss much and they HATE it.

WHAT did you just say? You'd better zip it shut before I whip your butt!
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
I heard it and I'm over the age that they claim cannot hear it.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Rock Monster Wrote:
Krystal Wrote:I heard nothing and I'm 23 and 358 days old.

I haven't tried it, and I'm 26 and 377 days old.

I'm not 24 yet, but it's too close to my birthday to say I'm 23. So I thought I would be exact.

I don't understand why I can't hear it...
Krystal Wrote:
Rock Monster Wrote:I haven't tried it, and I'm 26 and 377 days old.

I'm not 24 yet, but it's too close to my birthday to say I'm 23. So I thought I would be exact.

I don't understand why I can't hear it...

Do you have your sound up? Wink
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
If it's that high-pitched sound that only happens when my speakers are cranked as loud as they can go, then yes. I couldn't hear it when my headphones were plugged into the tower, though.
I thought about clicking the link but didn't and I'm 26...no 27...wait...no 26 and a bunch of days old.
Well, I guess that we all learned a lesson today. That it's what's inside a person that counts. And that on the inside, midgets are thieving little bastards.
It just seems like a bunch of b.s. to me.
I think it is BS because I am 29 and I can hear this.. and I have a lot of hearing issues.
reminds me of the bit they did on the show where the supposedly played a sound only people with a genius IQ could hear. Tons of people called in and said they heard it, only... Ooopsie, they didn't actually play a sound.
Wowie Groovie !
Titan ! Wrote:reminds me of the bit they did on the show where the supposedly played a sound only people with a genius IQ could hear. Tons of people called in and said they heard it, only... Ooopsie, they didn't actually play a sound.

I wish they would do more of these. My brother-in-law who I worked with at the time swore he could hear it. After they announced it was a hoax he said that he was just kidding too. We gave him so much crap about that.
Well, I guess that we all learned a lesson today. That it's what's inside a person that counts. And that on the inside, midgets are thieving little bastards.
I didn't hear it the first time but I have a few times since then. Maybe it doesn't exist and I just convinced myself that I heard it. I could be crazy. It's very possible.
I am the irrepressible dark horse.
Film it. Listen to it. Live it. Love it.

All the best,
The Mayor of Awesometown
21 and heard it loud and clear. Ouch.
That's what she said.
Titan ! Wrote:reminds me of the bit they did on the show where the supposedly played a sound only people with a genius IQ could hear. Tons of people called in and said they heard it, only... Ooopsie, they didn't actually play a sound.

That was indeed awesome.
That's what she said.
I heard it and I'm 42
"Sir, You need to get out of your car, there is a train comming."
"Why ummm... uhhh did you ummm... feel the need to errrrr, god why can't I type!!"
30 and I heard it
24, came in loud and clear. Both the cats seemed to hear it also.
Admin Wrote:I heard it and I'm over the age that they claim cannot hear it.

28!
I heard it. I didn't find it terribly annoying, tho.

I'm also 19.

Only my left ear was picking it up tho...+
good god...I'm 32 and about crawled out of my skin. How can you not hear that? I've haven't been what you would call kind to my ears either.

*edit* Further investigation reveled I can barely hear it with my right ear. If I didn't know it was there and only had my right ear I probably would notice it.
33 and heard it. Wife is 27 and also heard it.

Debunked.
I couldn't hear anything. I secretly played it without my wife knowing and she got pissed and wondered what I was doing.
23: When I faced the speaker, I could hear it loud and clear, but when I turned my back to it, I could still kind-of hear it, but really, I "felt" the sound.
I'm 26 and it was ear piercing the moment it started playing.
24 and I heard it as soon as it started... now my brain hurts.