Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what the hell ....
What the Eff....it goes against everything fbahw stands for when they have those dumbass drops like "lets take a look at weather and traffic in nashville dagwood whats happanin". who thinks they should get rid of them?
SO how do you propose they segue to the news/weather in all the regions they don't actually broadcast from?? Here in GR we don't worry about that....but seems like something that needs to be done if you want your local info rather than dead air.
Do what's right....even when no one is looking.
The only thing that bothers me is the stuff they "FILL" in the ads with online. The station I used to listen to in Atlanta would actually play ads during the break on the internet stream. I'm not really sure how the ad space thing all works, I'm assuming they need to find other clients to fill in that internet dead space as well. It gets really old hearing the same 3 things over and over.
It does sound a little corny!! Especially when Dagwood isn't there!! I heard HW do a bit this weekend. Usually it is always FB.
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
The thing about advertising is, it isn't free. Advertisers pay to get their spot played to an audience - a lot of stations will charge a higher rate for the radio spot and the internet spot. If you don't want to pay for the web ad, you're not going to get a web ad. That's why you get dead spots on the stream.
Radio stations (and television for that matter) aren't really trying to get you to listen to music or a particular show. They want you to listen to commercials.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Actually they didn't do it when Dagwood was out on vacation I don't think. I don't remember hearing them then.

I do think they are kinda corny. At first I thought it was ok but now I'd rather them just drop them because it gets really old hearing the same thing over and over. Unless they would record about 100 of them and randomize them. Or maybe record some with Zane and HW doing it too.
You'd PROBABLY have to pay them for it.