Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GR Peeps Where's your faves ?
Hey Folks I'm still somewhat new to Grand Rapids. I'm looking for some recommendations ?

Where's your favorite places ?

Best place to grab a beer ?

Watch Football ?

Best Pizza ?

Best Burger ?

Who has the hottest waitresses ?

Oh, and I really want to know who has the best salad bar.
Wowie Groovie !
Grab a beer - Hopcats on Ionia is pretty good place for on tap variety downtown but my favorite is still Logans (<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.logansalley.com">http://www.logansalley.com</a><!-- m -->) on Michigan. Hundreds of beers from every where you can think of. It's dark and smokey but if you can get past that it's pretty awesome. I haven't had it in a while but they have a dish of Tater-tots smothered that is one of the best after bar meals i've ever had.

To watch football I like the Score on Nothland Drive or Vitales on Leonard or in Comstock park.

Mama's Pizza is my favorite then Vitales

I cook my own burgers with beef raised by my step father so everything else is crap but I'm sure there are good ones out there.

Unfortunately I've been out of the downtown seen for a little while but I've never been disappointed with McFaddens waitresses.

Do they still have salad bars out there? I got pissed off when Wendy's took their super bar out of rotation and have been jaded since.
Quote of the Day:
"I'm here working for the people. I'm causing dissent, stirring the pot, getting people to question the whole rotten system." - George Costanza
Yeah, Vitales is a pretty excellent place.

Waitresses are pretty good too.
I enjoy Founder's Brewery for a great beer and they have suprisingly good sandwiches! its on grandville across from the bus station.
The california rueben at Flanagan's rocks. And I swear to God this is true, when you get a beer at Flanny's, have Beth pull it for you, it honestly tastes better.
Wowie Groovie !
I've only been to Flanagan's once and, after I complimented her outstanding fake chest, this woman let me stick my hands up her shirt and feel them. I've not been back yet because I don't think I can ever top that moment.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Titan ! Wrote:The california rueben at Flanagan's rocks. And I swear to God this is true, when you get a beer at Flanny's, have Beth pull it for you, it honestly tastes better.
If Beth pulls it for me I not sure I'd care how it tasted Wink

Admin Wrote:I've only been to Flanagan's once and, after I complimented her outstanding fake chest, this woman let me stick my hands up her shirt and feel them. I've not been back yet because I don't think I can ever top that moment.
If you did try to top it I'm sure you'd get kicked out cause things like that are usually frowned upon in public.
Quote of the Day:
"I'm here working for the people. I'm causing dissent, stirring the pot, getting people to question the whole rotten system." - George Costanza
Admin Wrote:I've only been to Flanagan's once and, after I complimented her outstanding fake chest, this woman let me stick my hands up her shirt and feel them. I've not been back yet because I don't think I can ever top that moment.

Are you sure you were at Flanagan's and not the Tropics ? But if you were at Flanny's im sure you will be disappointed with your second trip.
Wowie Groovie !
dino Wrote:
Titan ! Wrote:The california rueben at Flanagan's rocks. And I swear to God this is true, when you get a beer at Flanny's, have Beth pull it for you, it honestly tastes better.
If Beth pulls it for me I not sure I'd care how it tasted Wink

Yeah, that may have been an un fortunate choice of terms, oh well, if she's reading this I'm sure Beth will forgive me. speaking of which, I need to call her...
Wowie Groovie !
go to Uccelos. I go to the one in standale....good beer prices...really good food for decent price and omfg hot waitresses...
madchild Wrote:go to Uccelos. I go to the one in standale....good beer prices...really good food for decent price and omfg hot waitresses...

I do like going to Uccellos. I usually go to the one on the Beltline though because it's closer. Scenery has been okay whenever I've been there. The standale one must have all of the GVSU waitresses.
Quote of the Day:
dino Wrote:
madchild Wrote:go to Uccelos. I go to the one in standale....good beer prices...really good food for decent price and omfg hot waitresses...

I do like going to Uccellos. I usually go to the one on the Beltline though because it's closer. Scenery has been okay whenever I've been there. The standale one must have all of the GVSU waitresses.

I took one of my models to the Standale Uccellos after a shoot last fall, and while I didnt notice the waitress, the food was amazing. They had the best seafood bisque I have ever had.
Wowie Groovie !
If you go to that Ucellos and your waitress is "Deja" (yes that's really her name) make sure you keep calling her "Deja Do". She's a friend of mine and she's just dingy enough to wonder out loud how you know to call her that.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Admin Wrote:If you go to that Ucellos and your waitress is "Deja" (yes that's really her name) make sure you keep calling her "Deja Do". She's a friend of mine and she's just dingy enough to wonder out loud how you know to call her that.

How funny is this ? The model I was referring to in my previous post, her last name is Deja.

That's spooky wierd.
Wowie Groovie !
Admin Wrote:If you go to that Ucellos and your waitress is "Deja" (yes that's really her name) make sure you keep calling her "Deja Do". She's a friend of mine and she's just dingy enough to wonder out loud how you know to call her that.

I went to high school with a girl named Deja.
She won a car on the Price is Right once.

[freebeer drop]It's all true[/freebeer drop]
Quote of the Day:
dino Wrote:

I went to high school with a girl named Deja.
She won a car on the Price is Right once.

[freebeer drop]It's all true[/freebeer drop]

There's a club in Kalamazoo named Deja. Or so I've heard, never been there myself.
Wowie Groovie !
Titan ! Wrote:There's a club in Kalamazoo named Deja. Or so I've heard, never been there myself.

They have a bunch of hot girls there...........and two ugly ones.
Quote of the Day:
Where's your favorite places ?
yesterdog (lake drive, west of wealthy), any number of golf courses, disc golf courses.
Best place to grab a beer ?
The Store, but if atmosphere is ur thing, try any number of the Downtown area bars such as Mojos (Pearl and Monroe), or Founders brewery (Grandville Ave, across from the bus station.
Watch Football ?
Home, but if ur intent on leaving, try Buffalo Wild Wings, 3 locations: 28th street, west of breton, East Beltline and Knapp, or 44th street.
Best Pizza ?
actually three locations to this one, The Joint is called Fricano's, there is one on Alpine and like 7 mile road, one on River Ave in Holland, and one on i think Washington in Grand Haven.

Best Burger ?
GR Brewing Company, East Beltline and 28th.
Who has the hottest waitresses ?
Hooters, no doubt, 28th street between east beltline and east paris.
Oh, and I really want to know who has the best salad bar.
not a lot of good salad bars per se in this town, but I've heard Mangiamo in East town makes a mean salad.
if your into old street rods and muscle cars there is an ACE hardware store on 44th st next a lil' pizza place called "Joe's King Pizza." every fri and saterday it night around 11 o'clock that lot fills w/ old carfrom GR Street Racers.com check it out.
Mcfadden's is awesome, PJ supposedly hangs out there quite a bit. regardless, i really like it there or The Curagh in Holland.
Gotta agree with the Curragh. Good beer and scotch selection, wonderful food on the menu. If you're looking for a quieter setting, show up before ten and you're set. If you're looking for more of the loud bar setting, after ten is for you.