Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What happened to Dude Shadoway?
I loved that bit. Why did they kill it?
It's still my favorite bit they've ever done. It's why I started liking the show in the first place.
Did they kill it, or has it just not been on in a while? Truth be told, it was getting old, IMO.
Probably because it was a bit too a-hole.

I missed the Light Rock interviews, like the one where they totally busted the psychic lady.
it sucked!!! happy its gone........
Yep, Most Important Interview was one of my favorites.
I've been wondering this too. They said they explained it before, but I must've missed it. Anyone know?
boltz23 Wrote:it sucked!!! happy its gone........

could not agree more. I am thrilled its gone
I don't know why they quit; I heard Free Beer say one day that they quit and said they had explained why, but I didn't hear it.
ibangzaneswife Wrote:
boltz23 Wrote:it sucked!!! happy its gone........

could not agree more. I am thrilled its gone

I agree with both of you, some of it was funny but not enough to make it a normal bit.
I think it was a bit too abrasive for most folks. Classic Zane taking things a bit too far, too fast.
They should still do a few Dude bits a year.

I guess the "internviews" probably took the place of the Dude, and I'm okay with that I guess.
What happened to the Idiot of the Day?
residentialevil Wrote:What happened to the Idiot of the Day?
They try to work it into a segment instead of dedicating a segment to it. It really just gives them more flexibility with the show I think.
I called and asked Producer Joe about Dude Shadoway and he said that the interviews were getting too difficult to get... also, I think there were some possible legal repercussions. I liked the bit, too bad it's gone. The Dude web-site doesn't even have the old interviews on it...
That would be awesome if they put up all the old Dude interviews at least.
Dude needs to stay gone!
dman99 Wrote:
ibangzaneswife Wrote:could not agree more. I am thrilled its gone

I agree with both of you, some of it was funny but not enough to make it a normal bit.

It needs to stay gone!! Only bit I really don't like!
Truth is, when they went on the air in Eau Claire Wisconsin, they had to kill the bit. A long time DJ in Eau Claire does a similar segment. Rather than being labeled hacks and copy cats, they just killed the dude, and his houseboat....
The Dude moved to urban Denver and sells crack on the internet
I am glad the Dude is gone!
I loved the Dude. But I have to admit when I first hear a Dude interview I cringe. But upon second listening it's great because I already know when and where the awkward parts will come.

I assume the reason they cancelled it is because Joe has to ask his connections for people to interview. If too many people who are interviewed complain about Dude then that connection won't give Joe anymore interviews. It burns bridges. I assume that Dude was burning too many bridges that it wasn't worth it anymore.
I am the irrepressible dark horse.
Film it. Listen to it. Live it. Love it.

All the best,
The Mayor of Awesometown
It started out pretty good when they would act like he got bad information but in a lot of the interviews it got amped up too quickly.

The Carson Daly one was the best when Carson told "Dude" he was an a-hole and "Dude" told him to shut his effing mouth.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
If I remember correctly Dude S. normall did "interviews" with B and C list celebs that were pushings some Vegas trips for the most part. I think the company caught them and got upset. Plus the "internviews" also take its place, which is almost as good.
BRING BACK THE DUDE!!!!

even if it was one last interview where maybe he has a heart attack in the middle of it or something.