Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reality Shows?
Just curious. I believe that reality TV is just a fad and hopefully in 5-10 years everyone that watched that shit will look back to realize how completely asinine they were.
I hope it's over soon. The sooner the better.
Quote of the Day:
"I'm here working for the people. I'm causing dissent, stirring the pot, getting people to question the whole rotten system." - George Costanza
The first two seasons of The Real World were pure gold. Then not so much. The only thing that would be worth it after that would be if they actually showed Ruthie nude in the dvd but apparently they don't.

The only other reality show I enjoy is "Jon and Kate plus 8". I love that show. Let the flames begin.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
I'm sorry....I'm a Gordon Ramsey Fan....love Hell's Kitchen, and Kitchen Nightmares. I could do without most others. Although I think I could run the Big Brother house (my family are fans...eh).
Do what's right....even when no one is looking.
Admin Wrote:The first two seasons of The Real World were pure gold. Then not so much. The only thing that would be worth it after that would be if they actually showed Ruthie nude in the dvd but apparently they don't.

The only other reality show I enjoy is "Jon and Kate plus 8". I love that show. Let the flames begin.

Can't flame ya too hard for that one. In the interest of full disclosure I'm purely fascinated by "Little People, Big World". I don't know why! Little people are just intriguing.
Quote of the Day:
"I'm here working for the people. I'm causing dissent, stirring the pot, getting people to question the whole rotten system." - George Costanza
dino Wrote:
Admin Wrote:The first two seasons of The Real World were pure gold. Then not so much. The only thing that would be worth it after that would be if they actually showed Ruthie nude in the dvd but apparently they don't.

Can't flame ya too hard for that one. In the interest of full disclosure I'm purely fascinated by "Little People, Big World". I don't know why! Little people are just intriguing.

That is actually a pretty good show and certainly gives a lot of insight into the difficulties they have to overcome. I don't watch it regularly but catch an episode here and there.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.

HaHa I love Jon and Kate plus 8. I watch Intervention on occasion, well all reality TV on occasion really.
I watch a few, but as someone trying to break in as a writer, I feel a little guilty admitting it!
vsangelchick Wrote:I'm sorry....I'm a Gordon Ramsey Fan....love Hell's Kitchen, and Kitchen Nightmares. I could do without most others. Although I think I could run the Big Brother house (my family are fans...eh).

As a former cook I say I do like these shows. I could show that bastard a dirty kitchen or two.

Maybe I'll have to take back my "over sooner or better" post.
Quote of the Day:
It's so fun to watch him yell at them....and I saw previews for the new Kitchen nightmares season tonight.....VERY excited
hotzester Wrote:I watch a few, but as someone trying to break in as a writer, I feel a little guilty admitting it!

Building synergy for the hospital not quite working out for ya ? Wink
Wowie Groovie !
vsangelchick Wrote:I'm sorry....I'm a Gordon Ramsey Fan....love Hell's Kitchen, and Kitchen Nightmares. I could do without most others. Although I think I could run the Big Brother house (my family are fans...eh).

I love Hell's Kitchen, but Ramsey seriously needs his jaw adjusted with a pipe wrench.
Wowie Groovie !
vsangelchick Wrote:It's so fun to watch him yell at them....and I saw previews for the new Kitchen nightmares season tonight.....VERY excited

Damn! They probably ended the latest season recently didn't they?!?!?

Edit.....Of Hells Kitchen that is.
Quote of the Day:
xxsloshxx Wrote:Just curious. I believe that reality TV is just a fad and hopefully in 5-10 years everyone that watched that shit will look back to realize how completely asinine they were.

Sorry, but if it were a fad it would have died off after 6 months, Real world is on what ? It's 45th season. Sorry, but reality shows will continue to continue.
Wowie Groovie !
I got into The Ultimate Fighter this season. I also watched Next Iron Chef when that was on. That's about it
chadillac Wrote:I got into The Ultimate Fighter this season. I also watched Next Iron Chef when that was on. That's about it

I am hooked everytime Iron Chef is on, I can watch that show anytime regardless of the "secret" ingredient. I put secret in quotes there, because, it's not really a secret, the chef's know ahead of time what the ingredient is, the only people it's secret from is the audience.
Wowie Groovie !
It's kind of secret. They know before the reveal, but it's not like they know days ahead of time.
chadillac Wrote:It's kind of secret. They know before the reveal, but it's not like they know days ahead of time.

They have to know ahead of time so they can plan what ingredients they'll need. Plus, I think I say a behind the scenes show once where they showed the guest chef in the practice kitchen a few days before the show
Wowie Groovie !
The latest season of HK ends next week dino.....should be a decent finale.
Quote:Building synergy for the hospital not quite working out for ya ?

You're still stuck on that? Dude, it's been like a week, get over yourself.

Out of curiosity, how did you decide which name to post under back when you were both Titan and Thayerphotography? Was Thayerphotography the name you used to pimp your little business, and then you'd log into Titan when you wanted to be a dick? (Sorta like you did with your two MySpace profiles?)

Hey speaking of MySpace profiles, were you really a male cheerleader?
hotzester Wrote:
Quote:Building synergy for the hospital not quite working out for ya ?

You're still stuck on that? Dude, it's been like a week, get over yourself.

Out of curiosity, how did you decide which name to post under back when you were both Titan and Thayerphotography? Was Thayerphotography the name you used to pimp your little business, and then you'd log into Titan when you wanted to be a dick? (Sorta like you did with your two MySpace profiles?)

Hey speaking of MySpace profiles, were you really a male cheerleader?

I put a wink smiley at the end of that post to let you know I was over it and had moved on.

And yes you nailed my dual identities perfectly. Though I did delete the business account here because I don't think the is the best place to promote my work.

And similarly yes to having 2 myspace pages, one is _me_ the other is my business.

And yes, I was a male cheerleader or lifter if you prefer. That turns you on a little doesn't it ?
Wowie Groovie !
Nah, I've seen your pic. LOL

Hey, just to be clear to everyone else (so we don't end up with people thinking this is a private battle), Titan and I are kidding - we've hugged it out like a couple of sorority girls.
hotzester Wrote:Nah, I've seen your pic. LOL

Hey, just to be clear to everyone else (so we don't end up with people thinking this is a private battle), Titan and I are kidding - we've hugged it out like a couple of sorority girls.

But it was a MANLY Hug.
Wowie Groovie !
the only reality show that i can watch is the ultimate fighter.
I don't mind the "regular" reality shows. I see them as a version of a game show. Though I think a lot of them are so desperate for 15 minutes of fame (or more like 2 and a half), that they'll do most anything. I don't really like them but I can see why people want to be on them.

It's the "Celebrity Reality" shows that are the most pathetic things to me. For one, they use the term "celebrity" EXTREMELY loosely. It usually means some child star that's grown up, some person that was on a hit sitcom over 20 years ago, some musician that had a hit over 20 years ago, or my personal favorite, someone who's famous for being on a reality show. The Surreal Life, Celebrity Fit Club, the crappy Celebrity Magic show, Celebrity Dancing, Celebrity Ice Skating, Celebrity Circus, Celebrity Bullriding, Celebrity Apprentice......and on and on and on....give me a freakin' break. But those are not even the worst.....

It's the ones that focus on one "celebrity" or a their family. Hogan Knows Best, Breaking Bonaduce, Sizing Sizemore, Living Lohan, Whatever that crappy Denise Richards show is.....these are pathetic. They can't get famous anymore doing what they used to do for fame, so they decide to get a reality show. Showing us most of their routine everyday crap, and they can't even do that right since it's scripted. And I won't even talk about the dating shows....Flava of Love, Rock of Love, Tila Tequila Has Herpes, etc......

The Celebrity ones are the shows I wish would die.
Quote:But it was a MANLY Hug.

It WAS, then you took your pants off. I'm not really sure what that's about.
hotzester Wrote:
Quote:But it was a MANLY Hug.

It WAS, then you took your pants off. I'm not really sure what that's about.

Yes, I did drop my pants during our manly hug, but only because you asked me so nicely.
Wowie Groovie !
Now I really like Celebrity Fit Club, and thats about it. I HATE reality TV. It's all staged. Nothing is real anymore. I was hooked on the first season of Tila Tequila, now I almost barf when I turn past the channel. Blech.
xxsloshxx Wrote:Just curious. I believe that reality TV is just a fad and hopefully in 5-10 years everyone that watched that shit will look back to realize how completely asinine they were.

Well, it has been a long fad and just like with any other decade everything comes in circles, but today to get an audience you have to go to extremes... Crazy!!

And I hate reality TV