Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I have an idea please let me know what you think
There's been a bit of confusion when a Bob Costas drop is loaded into a post. I think we should designate a certain color of text to indicate that the colored text is a drop from the show.

It would help to alleviate the concerns of those who think some bru-ha-ha is going on and is much more subtle than a smiley. It also would take away the cluttery fake "drop" code ([drop] [/drop]).

What do you think?
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
I like
I think your idea completely sucks, and will continue thinking this way until such time as I am made moderator.

alsoididn'treadit
Fistor Wrote:I think your idea completely sucks, and will continue thinking this way until such time as I am made moderator.

alsoididn'treadit

Look at the custom title under your name.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
{drop} im stupid {drop} like that?
Wiener Poopie 2.0! Now fatter and less credible!
wienerpoopie Wrote:{drop} im stupid {drop} like that?

No, more like this.

Shut the eff up, okay? Just shut the eff up
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
I chose orange in that example for Orangeville but I'm open to whatever the majority likes.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Admin Wrote:

No, more like this.

I see
Admin Wrote:
Fistor Wrote:I think your idea completely sucks, and will continue thinking this way until such time as I am made moderator.

alsoididn'treadit

Vindication.

Let this be a lesson to all of those out there who give up their hopes and dreams too easily. If I can do it, so can you. Just not as well, of course.
I like the idea...but can you do something more fancy than just color....like can the words be wearing little headphones...like our favorite boys of radio do?
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
Admin Wrote:

No, more like this.

I laughed super hard today when FBHW went to break and a Spud commercial came on, they played that same sound clip over the commercial. It was priceless. Spud was talking and then all the sudden "SHUT THE F UP! OK? SHUT THE F UP!" I didn't know they could play sound clips in commercials also but it was awesome.
Admin Wrote:

alsoididn'treadit

Hey Biff . . . I wanted to be a moderator, but i don't want to be brown trout sniffer . . . . i want something nice. Oh and btw making the drops more easily noticable might cut out some unintended hard feelings . . . +5 for that.
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
Kate Wrote:
Admin Wrote:No, more like this.

I laughed super hard today when FBHW went to break and a Spud commercial came on, they played that same sound clip over the commercial. It was priceless. Spud was talking and then all the sudden "SHUT THE F UP! OK? SHUT THE F UP!" I didn't know they could play sound clips in commercials also but it was awesome.

Yes! it was GREAT
They did it the other day too when they were closing the show playing the Quagmire sound effect. When they cut to commercial the giggity sound effect was randomly going off into the commercial. I'm not sure how many people caught that but it was great.
Wow, Biff... you're taking an idea from WSI? Next thing I know you'll be professing your love of AJ Pyr-sucksi!
Good idea! now just how to figure it out...
How about you just grow some thicker skin and not worry about what people say.
LimpBagel Wrote:How about you just grow some thicker skin and not worry about what people say.

How about if I run the board the way that I know is the best way to run a board considering I've done it before and for long periods of time.

[R. Lee Emery] Can I go back to being in charge now? Thank you very much. [/Emery]
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Does Proboards have a word filter? If so, you could load the most popular ones into it and have them auto change so that the user does not have to.
What you know you can't explain, but you feel it. You've felt it your entire life, that there's something wrong with the world. You don't know what it is, but it's there, like a splinter in your mind, driving you mad.
Opus Wrote:Does Proboards have a word filter? If so, you could load the most popular ones into it and have them auto change so that the user does not have to.

It indeed does. There are only 3 censored words as of right now.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Why don't you just add the quote tags?
I like the idea, but I think that people should still be somewhat weary about how they post too (using smilieys and such) because even so people can use and/or take a drop as an insult. There have been light-hearted insults thrown in forums that have ramped up into full blown post arguments.
It matters not how straight the gate, how charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul.
[spoiler]Shit, you took away the black bar. Put it the fuck back now![/spoiler]
Philly Mike Wrote:I like the idea, but I think that people should still be somewhat weary about how they post too (using smilieys and such) because even so people can use and/or take a drop as an insult. There have been light-hearted insults thrown in forums that have ramped up into full blown post arguments.

Did you just say I was gay?? EFF YOU TOO A-HOLE!!!