Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GRCC Shout Out !
Any GRCC students reading this?

What classes are you taking?

What do you really HATE about GRCC ?

This is a great place to bitch about GRCC so chime in Raiders !
Wowie Groovie !
:crickets:
Fistor Wrote::crickets:

yeah, i was thinking the same thing
Wowie Groovie !
Titan ! Wrote:
Fistor Wrote::crickets:

yeah, i was thinking the same thing

I went to GRJC. I'm an old school Raiduh.
Fistor Wrote:
Titan ! Wrote:yeah, i was thinking the same thing

I went to GRJC. I'm an old school Raiduh.

I think that just makes you old. Didnt they switch in the 80s ?
Wowie Groovie !
Titan ! Wrote:
Fistor Wrote:I went to GRJC. I'm an old school Raiduh.

I think that just makes you old. Didnt they switch in the 80s ?

They may've switched it when I was there, using up 4 years on my 2 year degree. Can't remember.

I was there from '90-'93.
I'm going back in September after dropping out 2 years ago because I was stupid. I'm just taking my basic classes over again.
cassierae Wrote:I'm going back in September after dropping out 2 years ago because I was stupid. I'm just taking my basic classes over again.

I'm scheduled for 2 classes in the fall but I might add 2 more, plus I might work for the newspaper.
Wowie Groovie !
I am a GRCC student, well I will be in the fall. I graduated hs in 06 but didn't go right to college so I am starting this next semester
I am going into law enforcement/social work.
SWMC!!! Yeah what what!!, im 22 and in a community college
I FAIL!!
Wiener Poopie 2.0! Now fatter and less credible!
wienerpoopie Wrote:SWMC!!! Yeah what what!!, im 22 and in a community college
I FAIL!!

36. I fail more.

Though, I did graduate in 96 with a BA, so maybe I fail less. Not sure.
Wowie Groovie !
Titan ! Wrote:
wienerpoopie Wrote:SWMC!!! Yeah what what!!, im 22 and in a community college
I FAIL!!

36. I fail more.

A BA! you fail less for sure
wienerpoopie Wrote:
Titan ! Wrote:36. I fail more.

A BA! you fail less for sure

Yeah but it's in Liberal Arts, so....
Wowie Groovie !
Titan ! Wrote:
wienerpoopie Wrote:A BA! you fail less for sure

Yeah but it's in Liberal Arts, so....

So in other words it's not a real degree. Tongue
potthole Wrote:
Titan ! Wrote:Yeah but it's in Liberal Arts, so....

So in other words it's not a real degree. Tongue

Well, it's "real" in the sense that I have a diploma from an acredited college printed on super spiffy paper in a neat O rama leatherette holder, and I can from now till the end of days proclaim that I am a college graduate. However if you mean "real" as in, I can use this to forge a great career and 6 figure income, then no, it's not real.
Wowie Groovie !
^^ Can I get a copy so i can have a BA? Were did you go staples?
Whats everyone going for?
Kate Wrote:Whats everyone going for?

Now your dad's going for it in your own room.

Shut up Ted.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
wienerpoopie Wrote:^^ Can I get a copy so i can have a BA? Were did you go staples?

If you're good with word, and have a fancy piece of docment paper, you can probabl print your own diploma for 25 cents. However if the company you're applying for a job at, follows through on your references, then you're screwed.
Wowie Groovie !
Admin Wrote:

Now your dad's going for it in your own room.

Shut up Ted.

+1 for the Bill and Ted reference
Wowie Groovie !

Im only going to get the classes I want, photography, some graphic design, and some business classes.
Wowie Groovie !

Engineering-Drafting, I knew those lego
They melvined me.
Titan ! Wrote:Well, it's "real" in the sense that I have a diploma from an acredited college printed on super spiffy paper in a neat O rama leatherette holder, and I can from now till the end of days proclaim that I am a college graduate. However if you mean "real" as in, I can use this to forge a great career and 6 figure income, then no, it's not real.

Don't worry, I'm not ripping on you for your degree. A four year Bachelor of Arts, no matter what subject it's in, is something to be proud of.

I was just teasing about it being "fake" because there are certain subjects that are considered to be easier than others. Sort of like how if you ask a college athlete what their major is, the answer you'll usually get is "business."
potthole Wrote:
Titan ! Wrote:Well, it's "real" in the sense that I have a diploma from an acredited college printed on super spiffy paper in a neat O rama leatherette holder, and I can from now till the end of days proclaim that I am a college graduate. However if you mean "real" as in, I can use this to forge a great career and 6 figure income, then no, it's not real.

Don't worry, I'm not ripping on you for your degree. A four year Bachelor of Arts, no matter what subject it's in, is something to be proud of.

I was just teasing about it being "fake" because there are certain subjects that are considered to be easier than others. Sort of like how if you ask a college athlete what their major is, the answer you'll usually get is "business."

I didn't think you were ripping on me. I was just sharing my honest opinion on a Liberal Arts degree. It's kind of like the general diploma of the college world
Wowie Groovie !
Titan ! Wrote:I didn't think you were ripping on me. I was just sharing my honest opinion on a Liberal Arts degree. It's kind of like the general diploma of the college world

Ok, good. I couldn't quite tell if your post was one where you felt like I was ripping on you or not. A Communications major, like I have, is much the same way. Just a pretty useless, general diploma, unless it's got a good major or minor to go along with it.