Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Places you've traveled
Another thread turned into a discussion about travels to Bangkok and such. Thought it would be cool to hear more travel experiences.

I've been to a few places around the US. Colorado was my favorite. I also went to Amsterdam about ten years ago (actually stayed in Rotterdam...the "Detroit" of Holland). Seeing people buying and smoking weed in bars was pretty strange. Then I got strip searched in Detroit after my flight got back to the US. That was interesting and humiliating!

Italy is my fantasy vacation...
I went to Washigton DC by myself... it was scawy.....but i have never been outside the U.S., unless you count Canada but i don't
Wiener Poopie 2.0! Now fatter and less credible!
Unfortunately I'm not too well traveled as well. Went to Jackson Hole and that was awesome! The skiing kicked ass!

Yeah.....Canada, been there too but it doesn't count.

We have and Italian material supplier that I keep trying to go see. Boss doesn't think that would be "Fiscally Responsible". But I keep telling him that the experience would be priceless! Maybe I can manage to pull a trip to LA or Mexico before Italy.
Quote of the Day:
"I'm here working for the people. I'm causing dissent, stirring the pot, getting people to question the whole rotten system." - George Costanza
For the past few years I have been in just about every state at some point or another..
The farthest I have been is Bitburg Germany, did a four day tournament there..
Im not counting Hawaii as being outside the US, but I went when my brother got married.
Hurray for sister-in-laws with lawyer daddies!!
I've been to Mexico a few times and once to Jamaica. Both very nice spots to vacation. I went over to Cozumel on the ferry, the water was beautiful. In the States, I have been to Washington State, Las Vegas, Chicago, Houston, D.C., Charleston (SC), Charlotte (NC), Little Rock, Kansas City (MO), Nebraska, and quite a few different places in Florida, Georga, Alabama and Kentucky.

We dream alike Nurse . . . I have always wanted to go to Italy.
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
Queenie Wrote:I've been to Mexico a few times and once to Jamaica. Both very nice spots to vacation. I went over to Cozumel on the ferry, the water was beautiful. In the States, I have been to Washington State, Las Vegas, Chicago, Houston, D.C., Charleston (SC), Charlotte (NC), Little Rock, Kansas City (MO), Nebraska, and quite a few different places in Florida, Georga, Alabama and Kentucky.

We dream alike Nurse . . . I have always wanted to go to Italy.

What about St Louis and....southern Illinois??? How could you forget your honeymoon???
I have been to every state east of the Mississippi except the New England ones. Also Texas, Mexico and was stationed in Mainz, Germany for 3 years. While there toured France and the Netherlands. Missed a chance to go to Rome. Italy, Greece and Brazil are on my bucket list.
I've never been out of the United States. I rarely get out of New York. I have been to Massachusettes a few times, and I went to a couple of Nascar races at Pocono. When I was a teenager I stayed for a summer with an aunt and uncle in Maryland. We did some sightseeing to Washington DC and Virginia.
I have traveled a lot of places in the United States and Canada... but I agree Canada doesn't count... for anything at all. I have also traveled to Ireland, Thailand, Burma, Denmark, and the Dominican Republic. I have had some very unique experiences in my travels. Any specific types of travel experiences that you are looking to hear about? Communist Airlines, weird food, great food, being 'asked' for bribes by men with guns, people trying to take advantage of Americans, fields of opium, strange laws and customs?
Zee Wrote:I have traveled a lot of places in the United States and Canada... but I agree Canada doesn't count... for anything at all. I have also traveled to Ireland, Thailand, Burma, Denmark, and the Dominican Republic. I have had some very unique experiences in my travels. Any specific types of travel experiences that you are looking to hear about? Communist Airlines, weird food, great food, being 'asked' for bribes by men with guns, people trying to take advantage of Americans, fields of opium, strange laws and customs?

You must have some stories. Elaborate on some of the strange stuff.
Lived in Frankfurt, Germany for a year, while there i visited:

In Germany: Berlin, Heidelberg, Triberg, Baden-Baden, Stuttgart, Mannheim, Marburg, Berlin, Cologne, Trier, Mainz, Dresden, and i know im forgetting a couple.

Rest of Europe: Luxembourg, Luxembourg. Amsterdam, The Netherlands. Prague, Czech Republic. Stockholm, Sweden. Orebro, Sweden. Gothenburg, Sweden. Malmo, Sweden. I think i am forgetting something there too, but lets face it, living in germany, its a drunken blur.

As for the US: Have the east coast pretty much covered. Furthest west i've been? Pittsburgh.

That's it, however i have crazy stories to last a lifetime.
sluttynurse Wrote:
Zee Wrote:I have traveled a lot of places in the United States and Canada... but I agree Canada doesn't count... for anything at all. I have also traveled to Ireland, Thailand, Burma, Denmark, and the Dominican Republic. I have had some very unique experiences in my travels. Any specific types of travel experiences that you are looking to hear about? Communist Airlines, weird food, great food, being 'asked' for bribes by men with guns, people trying to take advantage of Americans, fields of opium, strange laws and customs?

You must have some stories. Elaborate on some of the strange stuff.

Hmmm... strange stuff... Well Thailand is very strange in comparison to the United States. Its almost like a different world. If you ever go to Thailand you have to know about certain laws that you wouldn't expect. While I was there I spent five days in the northern part of Thailand referred to as the Golden Triangle where Thailand, Burma, and Laos meet. Apparently at one point the majority of the opium in the world was grown there. Although illegal to grow now in Thailand I still saw fields of opium which is actually a beautiful flower. Even though drugs are common in Thailand and most likely produced there if an American gets caught with any amount on them they are charged with smuggling drugs into the country and will spend a lot of time in prison.

That didn't sound much like a story... let me try again. The largest dam in Thailand is the Queen's Dam. Keep in mind I was 18 when I was in Thailand. A few Thai's my age and I were riding in the back of this pick-up truck and as we approached there was a guard. I pointed to the guard and say look, a dam guard. Apparently that was a new one for them because they laughed so hard that I think one girl peed a little. That just encouraged me, the laughing not the pee, so I continued. Dam road, dam sign, you get the idea. They kept laughing so I kept on going. I asked, since this is the Queen's Dam does that make her the dam Queen? Instantly they all stopped laughing which was followed by an awkward pause that felt like it lasted for at least five minutes. After that they started whispering to each other in Thai, which I still don't understand because they could have shouted in Thai and I wouldn't have understood a word. Then one of them informed me that saying anything bad about the Royal Family is against the law and I could go to jail for what I said. They had discussed whether or not to turn me in and luckily for me decided that I was a stupid American who didn't know any better and they let me off with a warning. Since I am now in America... effin dam Queen.
Zee Wrote:Hmmm... strange stuff... Well Thailand is very strange in comparison to the United States. Its almost like a different world. If you ever go to Thailand you have to know about certain laws that you wouldn't expect. While I was there I spent five days in the northern part of Thailand referred to as the Golden Triangle where Thailand, Burma, and Laos meet. Apparently at one point the majority of the opium in the world was grown there. Although illegal to grow now in Thailand I still saw fields of opium which is actually a beautiful flower. Even though drugs are common in Thailand and most likely produced there if an American gets caught with any amount on them they are charged with smuggling drugs into the country and will spend a lot of time in prison.

That didn't sound much like a story... let me try again. The largest dam in Thailand is the Queen's Dam. Keep in mind I was 18 when I was in Thailand. A few Thai's my age and I were riding in the back of this pick-up truck and as we approached there was a guard. I pointed to the guard and say look, a dam guard. Apparently that was a new one for them because they laughed so hard that I think one girl peed a little. That just encouraged me, the laughing not the pee, so I continued. Dam road, dam sign, you get the idea. They kept laughing so I kept on going. I asked, since this is the Queen's Dam does that make her the dam Queen? Instantly they all stopped laughing which was followed by an awkward pause that felt like it lasted for at least five minutes. After that they started whispering to each other in Thai, which I still don't understand because they could have shouted in Thai and I wouldn't have understood a word. Then one of them informed me that saying anything bad about the Royal Family is against the law and I could go to jail for what I said. They had discussed whether or not to turn me in and luckily for me decided that I was a stupid American who didn't know any better and they let me off with a warning. Since I am now in America... effin dam Queen.

That was a very funny story. Dam funny. Wink
I've been to....... Norway, Sweden, Finland, and Iceland (I met the Spice Girls at the Hard Rock Cafe in Iceland) I've gone to Dublin, Waterford, Cork, Perth, and Galway Ireland

I've also been to Saltillo and Monterrey Mexico and Canada

Stateside, I've been to Seattle, Las Vegas, Texas, Louisiana, South Dakota, North Dakota, Washington DC, Florida, North Carolina and (Iowa is where I'm from), and (New York is where I live)

I'd like to go to Dubai, Paris, Italy, Rome, Tokyo... maybe some other places on the way to those ;D
sluttynurse Wrote:That was a very funny story. Dam funny. Wink

Thank you. I find its harder to tell travel stories on here. I much rather tell them during dinner, over a nice cup of coffee, or a few drinks. Wink
38DoubleDelicious Wrote:The farthest I have been is Bitburg Germany, did a four day tournament there..

Did you make sure to drink a Bitburger, from the brewery in town?

After high school I spent about a month over in Germany, visiting with a pen pal. I lived with their family, hung out with their friends, and made a few trips around the country.
providencecrow Wrote:Lived in Frankfurt, Germany for a year, while there i visited:

In Germany: Berlin, Heidelberg, Triberg, Baden-Baden, Stuttgart, Mannheim, Marburg, Berlin, Cologne, Trier, Mainz, Dresden, and i know im forgetting a couple.

Trier was my favorite place I visited in Germany. Really wish I'd have gotten to spend more than a day there.
Sadly for three days all I got to see was a bunch of sweaty stinking guys screaming and cussing at each other in German... The day before we went home I got to go sight seeing and get a few pictures..

I did not get to drink any kind of alcoholic beverage though maybe next time I will get plastered and have more fun. I defiantly felt awkward there
i was only there about 6 hours myself, just passing through on the way back from Luxembourg.
South Korea
Phillipines
Australia
Tasmania
Hong Kong
China
Mexico
Canada

Lots of states (including Hawaii)
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
38DoubleDelicious Wrote:Sadly for three days all I got to see was a bunch of sweaty stinking guys screaming and cussing at each other in German... The day before we went home I got to go sight seeing and get a few pictures..

I did not get to drink any kind of alcoholic beverage though maybe next time I will get plastered and have more fun. I defiantly felt awkward there

Bummer. I hope to get back to Germany sometime in the next few years, spend some more time in places like Trier and Munich, places where I didn't get to spend as much time as I would have liked.
I've been to most of the states on the east coast, New Orleans, Las Vegas, and Iowa (which I loved by the way). I've been all over the Caribbean and to Mexico. I studied abroad in Italy in college and loved it, I traveled the whole country except Sicily. I had a layover in London on my way home from Italy, does that count? Added tidbit - remember last June when there were car bombing near airports in Great Britain? Yeah, I was in Heathrow on a layover at the time.
That's what she said.
AMENDED ANSWER:

I've been to Mexico a few times and once to Jamaica. Both very nice spots to vacation. I went over to Cozumel on the ferry, the water was beautiful. In the States, I have been to St. Louis, Washington State, Las Vegas, Chicago, Houston, D.C., Charleston (SC), Charlotte (NC), Little Rock, Kansas City (MO), Nebraska, and quite a few different places in Florida, Georga, Alabama and Kentucky, and a brief visit to southern Illinois . . . somebody took a wrong road out of St. Louis . . . Tongue
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
I've been to all of our states except Alaska and Hawaii. Mexico, Jamaica, Virgin Islands, Canada; which doesn't count from what I hear...
stalker Wrote:I've been to all of our states except Alaska and Hawaii. Mexico, Jamaica, Virgin Islands, Canada; which doesn't count from what I hear...

To be fair... Canada does lead the world in being just north of the United States.
Zee Wrote:
stalker Wrote:I've been to all of our states except Alaska and Hawaii. Mexico, Jamaica, Virgin Islands, Canada; which doesn't count from what I hear...

To be fair... Canada does lead the world in being just north of the United States.

Canada: America's parking lot.

I've been to...

Australia
New Zealand (Only for a layover in the airport so I'm not sure if that counts)
Mexico
Honduras
and Canada

Hawaii is my goal. I want to live there someday.

I might be hitting Vegas in September for the photoshop world conference
Wowie Groovie !
Titan ! Wrote:
Zee Wrote:To be fair... Canada does lead the world in being just north of the United States.

Canada: America's parking lot.

I thought it was America's Top Hat...
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
Europe in high school and the worse country by far was France
I've been to 38 states (including Alaska), Mexico, St. Maarten, Puerto Rico, Canada, and The Bahamas. Took the train from Boston to Seattle once, that was a trip. Got to see places you'd never see on the main roads.
I lived in Chicago too, I forgot to include that

/durr
Peachs Wrote:I lived in Chicago too, I forgot to include that

/durr

I love hanging in Chicago. The food is awesome, too. Have you ever eaten at Karen's Cooked? My favorite! Michigan doesn't have places like that.
sluttynurse Wrote:

/durr

I love hanging in Chicago. The food is awesome, too. Have you ever eaten at Karen's Cooked? My favorite! Michigan doesn't have places like that.

naaahh I'm more of a sushi, Pockets! and tapas girl... although I did get rather hooked on this indian restaurant on belmont near the red/brown/purple line el stop Big Grin
sluttynurse Wrote:

/durr

My ex lived in Chicago so I spent most of my weekends there. Love that city. Penny's noodle shop, The neo futurists, 2nd city Improv, and Pearl art supply. I could spend a whole lifetime and a billion dollars in a week there.
Wowie Groovie !
Titan ! Wrote:
sluttynurse Wrote:I love hanging in Chicago. The food is awesome, too. Have you ever eaten at Karen's Cooked? My favorite! Michigan doesn't have places like that.

My ex lived in Chicago so I spent most of my weekends there. Love that city. Penny's noodle shop, The neo futurists, 2nd city Improv, and Pearl art supply. I could spend a whole lifetime and a billion dollars in a week there.

Penny's is the best.. didja know that there are 2 of em?? Big Grin
Peachs Wrote:
Titan ! Wrote:My ex lived in Chicago so I spent most of my weekends there. Love that city. Penny's noodle shop, The neo futurists, 2nd city Improv, and Pearl art supply. I could spend a whole lifetime and a billion dollars in a week there.

Penny's is the best.. didja know that there are 2 of em?? Big Grin

Yes I did actually, but the only one we went to was on.... that one street. It was by Coconuts music shop and there was a park across the street.

We would start each meal with a bowl of Thom Kha Kai soup, and then maybe a salad, then the entree. We would get either a Thai ices tea or iced coffee and go for a walk in the park. Those were the good days before she started cheating on me.
Wowie Groovie !
the Diversey el stop, near Double Door. quite the wonky intersection that one is
Peachs Wrote:the Diversey el stop, near Double Door. quite the wonky intersection that one is

Yeah, that's one of the worst parts of Chicago, those diagonal intersections.
Wowie Groovie !
I never found them to be too horrible, I lived close to there anyways