Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Dark Knight
Holy balls.
For once a movie finally lived up to the hype.

Yesterday's What Hotwings Thinks was wrong -- Heath Ledger did an outstanding job as the Joker. The movie's a bit long, however. Judging by the turnout last night, I think this movie will absolutely blow away all the previous box office records for opening weekend.

Anyone else see it?
Mark the Valet Wrote:Holy balls.

Yesterday's What Hotwings Thinks was wrong -- Heath Ledger did an outstanding job as the Joker. The movie's a bit long, however. Judging by the turnout last night, I think this movie will absolutely blow away all the previous box office records for opening weekend.

Anyone else see it?

Im supposed to see it on IMAX later today, but I'm not sure if my buddies got the tickets or not. Can't wait.
Wowie Groovie !
i want to see it really badly...but with a baby and the inlaws out of town it's not happening...maybe next weekend it'll get to the drive in theature...

in the car the baby and I can split a rack and nobody cares
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:i want to see it really badly...but with a baby and the inlaws out of town it's not happening...maybe next weekend it'll get to the drive in theature...

The Drive-in is the only way to get me to the movies. I can wait for DVD, it's just a movie.
jus' P Wrote:
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:i want to see it really badly...but with a baby and the inlaws out of town it's not happening...maybe next weekend it'll get to the drive in theature...

The Drive-in is the only way to get me to the movies. I can wait for DVD, it's just a movie.

Oh you're soooo missing out. IMAX is the only way to see a movie. I wish I could see the Lord of the Rings trilogy on IMAX
Wowie Groovie !
Titan ! Wrote:
jus' P Wrote:The Drive-in is the only way to get me to the movies. I can wait for DVD, it's just a movie.

Oh you're soooo missing out. IMAX is the only way to see a movie. I wish I could see the Lord of the Rings trilogy on IMAX

I would appreciate the bigger, bolder and better no doubt. But I just can't stand the rudeness that goes along with the theater experience. cell phones, people talking, kids runnin' wild. I always end up saying something and emberass whoever I'm with. Or worse.
jus' P Wrote:I would appreciate the bigger, bolder and better no doubt. But I just can't stand the rudeness that goes along with the theater experience. cell phones, people talking, kids runnin' wild. I always end up saying something and emberass whoever I'm with. Or worse.

People like to call people like you and me "old fuddy duddies". I like to call us "brothers in arms".
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
I've found for the most part that the chatter and phones are off once the movie starts. I'm not afraid of politely asking someone to be quiet if they're annoying me though.

The thing that really pisses me off at theatres is the people who have to get up during the movie to use the restroom, or get popcorn, or do another line of coke. If you're in my aisle, and have to walk in front of ME I have to stand up to let you through, I'm too tall for anyone to just walk past me, my knees touch the seat in front of me, and you can't get past me easily. Sets me off everytime.
Wowie Groovie !
I haven't noticed that in GR as much but in the metro detroit area was pure lunacy. Absolutely no respect for others.

Do they still have drive-ins? I think they converted the parking lot of the silver dome into one but that's the last I've heard of them.
Quote of the Day:
"I'm here working for the people. I'm causing dissent, stirring the pot, getting people to question the whole rotten system." - George Costanza
Us . . . take 6 kids to the movies . . . no effin way!! Netflix rules!!
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
Queenie Wrote:Us . . . take 6 kids to the movies . . . no effin way!! Netflix rules!!

Call the babysitter and have a date night. You deserve it.
Wowie Groovie !
dino Wrote:I haven't noticed that in GR as much but in the metro detroit area was pure lunacy. Absolutely no respect for others.

Do they still have drive-ins? I think they converted the parking lot of the silver dome into one but that's the last I've heard of them.

We still have one on the TN / KY border. Only about 18 miles from home. It's like 9 dollars a car load. I pile everyone in my king cab and bring lawn chairs. It's a good cheap kid date.
Titan ! Wrote:
Queenie Wrote:Us . . . take 6 kids to the movies . . . no effin way!! Netflix rules!!

We damn sure deserve it!! Right, Mr. Plungerhand?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
Titan ! Wrote:

We've never been to the movies together. When we go out it's to eat (Hooters), or a sports bar to play ping pong. (Weird, I know.)
jus' P Wrote:
Titan ! Wrote:Call the babysitter and have a date night. You deserve it.

We've never been to the movies together. When we go out it's to eat (Hooters), or a sports bar to play ping pong. (Weird, I know.)

I wouldn't call it weird!! I'd call it hungry, hyper and they serve alcohol. Ok, it just cause they serve alcohol.
dino Wrote:I haven't noticed that in GR as much but in the metro detroit area was pure lunacy. Absolutely no respect for others.

there's one in Hartford...i'm pretty sure.
Mark the Valet Wrote:Holy balls.

Anyone else see it?

Just got back from the IMAX. HOLY WOW
Titan ! Wrote:I've found for the most part that the chatter and phones are off once the movie starts. I'm not afraid of politely asking someone to be quiet if they're annoying me though.

The thing that really pisses me off at theatres is the people who have to get up during the movie to use the restroom, or get popcorn, or do another line of coke. If you're in my aisle, and have to walk in front of ME I have to stand up to let you through, I'm too tall for anyone to just walk past me, my knees touch the seat in front of me, and you can't get past me easily. Sets me off everytime.

I got the same problem

Cant wait to see this movie
:Tonguearodying U2::

Sunnnndayyyyy Dark Knight IMAX Sunnndayyyyy !

My friends dropped the ball, and I don't have tickets until Sunday.

Grrrrrrrrr.
Wowie Groovie !
saw it as soon as Shaun got off of work this morning, we rode the motorcycle to Colonie. I thought it was great....
Titan ! Wrote::Tonguearodying U2::

Sunnnndayyyyy Dark Knight IMAX Sunnndayyyyy !

My friends dropped the ball, and I don't have tickets until Sunday.

Grrrrrrrrr.

IMAX tickets are tough. I checked this morning at 10:30 and all of the IMAX showings for Saturday and Sunday were sold out. It's pretty ridiculous, the first showtime was sold out over two weeks ago at Celebration North.
Jo Wrote:

there's one in Hartford...i'm pretty sure.

Dowagiac Michigan and Hartford Michigan....that is 2 drive ins within 20 miles of my house...pretty nice...same owners and they played dark knight opening night...double feature $12 a car. The one in dowagiac is next to a drive in restraunt with great pizza
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
i saw it last night. one of the best superhero movies ever.

i'm hoping i can see it again at a IMAX theatre next weekend. it's worth seeing again.
I want to see it again... now I just need to convince Shaun we should go again Smile
jus' P Wrote:

Where the heck is a drive in now a days?

*edit* in west michigan
Titan ! Wrote:
jus' P Wrote:The Drive-in is the only way to get me to the movies. I can wait for DVD, it's just a movie.

LOTR was awesome on IMAX. The best part was the Ride of the Rohirrim at Minis Tirith. When they crashed into the flanks of the Orc army it was almost like you were in the middle the battle.
The Dark Knight is IMHO the best Batman movie, and I really liked Batman Begins. Both DK and BB put the previous 4 to shame.
yewt Wrote:

*edit* in west michigan

The drive in in West Michigan is located in Muskegon. Its called the Getty 4.
yewt Wrote:

*edit* in west michigan

Drive-ins located at Hartford and Dowagiac Michigan
Wiener Poopie 2.0! Now fatter and less credible!
nearest IMAX to us is 160+ miles away... on the NY/CT border.... ughhhh
So Titan, how was it?!!!!

:o ;D ??? :-*
residentialevil Wrote:The Dark Knight is IMHO the best Batman movie, and I really liked Batman Begins. Both DK and BB put the previous 4 to shame.

I think it is because the writers took their inspiration more so from the Frank Miller and Allan Moore graphic novels. Little more dark. Although, I believe Tim Burton did the same for the first one. I just think Jack Nicholson's Joker was a little too cartoony in the first one. And definitely not as maniacal.
residentialevil Wrote:The Dark Knight is IMHO the best Batman movie, and I really liked Batman Begins. Both DK and BB put the previous 4 to shame.

I really enjoyed Batman Begins and Dark Knight. What I liked so much about Batman Begins is that they applied science and physics to make Batman more believable. Sure they stretched the laws of science a little but not so much to make it unbelievable. I think they stretched the laws too much in the Dark Knight in a few fight scenes. Besides that... great movie.
saw some stuff about the Imax on G4's Attack of the Show... Makes me really want to see the Imax version now... bleh
Peachs Wrote:saw some stuff about the Imax on G4's Attack of the Show... Makes me really want to see the Imax version now... bleh

Too bad the closest one's over 2 hours away Sad
Imax version = amazing. It is worth the 2 hour drive, trust me.
the whole movie is not shot in imax, only certain scenes, if its a long drive or not available in your area. don't worry about just go see it...its awesome!