Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WORLD OF WARCRAFT lovers and haters post here
alright there has to be a thread on World of Warcraft otherwise known as WoW. Im an avid player and addicted as you would say, but only spend 3-4 hrs a day playing...not the same can be said for the serious players who spend all day.

I have 3 characters or Toons > level 70 Rogue, lvl 62 Warlock and a Twink Mage lvl 21.

I want to know who here also plays and loves the game....come on dont be afraid of the bashing that Free Beer and Hot Wings will give and the Zane attacks. We all know they are closet WoW players , otherwise it wouldnt be on the show from time to time.
I think the game is stupid, it seems extremely time consuming (coming from the guy with 800 posts)
Wiener Poopie 2.0! Now fatter and less credible!
have you ever played?

and ya I just saw you have over 800 posts...if time is money then.........

woot woot
I only post at work though, and I have only watched people play and im sure its fun but after work my time is just way to valuable to spend at a computer (again)
Wiener Poopie 2.0! Now fatter and less credible!
addicted2wow Wrote:have you ever played?

and ya I just saw you have over 800 posts...if time is money then.........

woot woot

I played for the trial period. The game was fun and I can see how it would be addicting. You getting all geeked about your lvl Twinkie or whatever is the exact reason I have no desire to play the game and have to agree with the Doc that the game is stupid.
NOW how can it be Fun? and STupid all in one?

Addictive yes, crazy that a game can take up all your time. It has no end game at all so that is one reason.
addicted2wow Wrote:NOW how can it be Fun? and STupid all in one?

Addictive yes, crazy that a game can take up all your time. It has no end game at all so that is one reason.

It starts out fun but somewhere after the trial period and before talking about what lvl your Twinkie is the fun is sucked away for me. Enjoy your game though.
I never really got into the whole WoW scene either. Just not my thing.

More power to you if it is, but don't let it consume your life.
What you know you can't explain, but you feel it. You've felt it your entire life, that there's something wrong with the world. You don't know what it is, but it's there, like a splinter in your mind, driving you mad.
so is that add up top on WoW for real..LOL

woot woot
WoW is my life's back up plan if all else fails. Even though I've never played...
jus' P Wrote:WoW is my life's back up plan if all else fails. Even though I've never played...

and just in case anyone is wondering . . . yes he is serious.
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
I had rotator cuff surgury and played during my 3 month recovery. Had a 70 mage, was in a guild in BT and was Epiced out with a +1200 spell damage. The day before i could go back to work I dienchanted everythin i could put it on the action block gave the 6.5k Gold to a friend and deleted the character. It's the only way to escape!
O ya the good old days of sitting on Stormwind Steps, when once in a great while someone will whisper you and tell you they want to give all their gold and mats (materials).

ON another note I wonder if the game was Free would you all they hate it like it better?
toddlerfondler Wrote:I had rotator cuff surgury and played during my 3 month recovery. Had a 70 mage, was in a guild in BT and was Epiced out with a +1200 spell damage. The day before i could go back to work I dienchanted everythin i could put it on the action block gave the 6.5k Gold to a friend and deleted the character. It's the only way to escape!

Rotator cuff surgery . . . fun, huh?? I had it back in 1993 because of too much volleyball, softball and golf. Bless God, I had full range of motion in 3 weeks . . . of course that was umpteen years ago when I was young. It's amazing what they can do with arthoscopic surgery these days. Now i'm looking at knee surgery . . . freakin sports!!
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
I like MMOs, but I start hating games as soon as they become time sinks, which is all WoW is nowadays.

I already have a full time job, i dont need two.
addicted2wow Wrote:O ya the good old days of sitting on Stormwind Steps, when once in a great while someone will whisper you and tell you they want to give all their gold and mats (materials).

ON another note I wonder if the game was Free would you all they hate it like it better?

Price is not a factor in my opinion of it.
First of all... Twink mage? That is possibly the gayest name they could ever name something.

Anyway I think MMORPGs are fun and all, but I can't justify paying a monthly fee for a game. I would end up paying monthly and probably miss out playing for a month or 2 and begin playing more for a little bit, then stop again. I don't see the point when there are a lot of free ones out there now. I play one called 9 Dragons, so I am not downing anyone that plays these, but I think it is a little excessive how a lot of people get with some of these games, especially WOW.
It matters not how straight the gate, how charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul.
[spoiler]Shit, you took away the black bar. Put it the fuck back now![/spoiler]
honestly I'm not a huge fan of WoW... It really does suck people in... My ex husband and his new fiancee both play... He played every day while unemployed and when he finally did get a job, he still played close to 8 hours on top of his usual work day...

annoying as all hell
absolutely gay.
addicted2wow Wrote:alright there has to be a thread on World of Warcraft otherwise known as WoW. Im an avid player and addicted as you would say, but only spend 3-4 hrs a day playing...not the same can be said for the serious players who spend all day.

I have 3 characters or Toons > level 70 Rogue, lvl 62 Warlock and a Twink Mage lvl 21.

I want to know who here also plays and loves the game....come on dont be afraid of the bashing that Free Beer and Hot Wings will give and the Zane attacks. We all know they are closet WoW players , otherwise it wouldnt be on the show from time to time.

I bet you don't have a girlfriend. I just don't get how someone can spend "only" 3-4 hours A DAY playing a game.
overheadpageme Wrote:
addicted2wow Wrote:alright there has to be a thread on World of Warcraft otherwise known as WoW. Im an avid player and addicted as you would say, but only spend 3-4 hrs a day playing...not the same can be said for the serious players who spend all day.

I bet you don't have a girlfriend. I just don't get how someone can spend "only" 3-4 hours A DAY playing a game.

In all fairness it is comparable to the same people that "only" spend a few hours a day with baseball. I have known people to be so obsessed with baseball, football and other things that wouldn't be considered nerdy and they say the same thing that you said about games. There is not much difference. It's just the same way someone can only spend a few days hiking or a few hours a day watching TV.

I am not the outdoorsy type so I can't imagine being out there doing half of that crap, people like what they like and they will usually spend a few hours a day on what they like. If you look at anyone with a hobby it usually lasts a few hours a day. It all comes down to the motto of to each their own.
It matters not how straight the gate, how charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul.
[spoiler]Shit, you took away the black bar. Put it the fuck back now![/spoiler]
I effing hate that stupid piece of ess game. Mostly because my boyfriend pays more attention to it than he does to me :-(. Effing losers. All of you.
That's what she said.
Oh! And he thinks my addiction to this message board is more loserific than his addiction to WoW. Yea.
That's what she said.
For you that care or not my life is full of ADD moments >>

I am married with 5 Children ages 3, 6, 8 , 13 and 14
I work a full time job and run a computer tech support business part time
I play Softball on Sundays , last year 3 times a week
I coach my kids in Basketball and Baseball
Im also watch Reality TV and Lost and Heroes religously
I also run 3 FAntasy Football Leagues

I do agree with Hobbies and its OK up to a point...

Allyson My Wife hats me tooo

Woot Woot
I play WoW about 4-5 hours a night on weeknights and more on the weekends. I agree that the game can get boring but the only reason I really play is because I'm playing with a bunch of my friends. Its not the game. Its the community. I have a lvl 70 Resto Druid with 2123 + heal, Laurabud on Eonar.

Oh and Addicted2wow how can you have a lvl 21 twink? You either should have stopped at 19 or gone to 29. I'm confused.

On another note here is an awesome video of a guy leading a WoW 40 man raid freaking out over Ventrilo. The dark and hilarious side of WoW. Not safe for work. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtvIYRrgZ04

More dots. More dots. Ok... stop dots.
ya my twink was 19 and now working to 29..at 25 now...but i spend more time with my 70 Rogue and 63 Warlock. On Nordassil server

good old Vent in raid group

woot woot
I'm not going to lie WoW makes me happy in the pants. But its a double edged sword since I don't exsist to my boyfriend when hes playing it.
your boyfriend is playing WoW or in your pants? IM confused.............
I played the demo of WoW for 1/2 hour and it just didn't do anything for me. I played Guild Wars for a while but coordinating 4 of my friends was just unrealistic and after a while the game just got old. You get so tired of the scenery and music that in order to keep your sanity playing you have to buy every expansion pack just for the change. Anyway, the whole MMORPG scene just doesn't tickle my fancy.
I didn't realize my post was that hard to understand?

Evidentally english isn't my primary language.

I like WoW. But I don't like WoW when my boyfriend is playing it.

So WoW = Good when Melissa (thats me) plays.

WoW= bad when her stupid boyfriend plays.
i think everybody that plays this stupid game sucks, oh wait better not say that they may cast some evil spell on me. get off your f'in computers sometime you stupid nerds and you'll realize that there is a life other then sitting and drinking your 79 cent slurpee from 7-11, and waging battles with your other neards, i wish everybody that played could get sucked into some hole and never return. you all are losers and need girl freinds or boyfreinds.
I played it for about an hour once, got bored and uninstalled it. Not my thing.
Wowie Groovie !
I've got nothing good to say about it. Some a-hole managed to jack my debit card number and spend close to $400 over a course of 3 months on expansion packs and shit.

Although, they were pretty clever about it. It took me a while to notice it.

Anyway...the whole lot of them are mouth breathers.
I have a 70 hunter, 40 Warrior, 55 Rogue, 36 Priest, 26 Warlock, and 21 Druid *sigh* I have a problem
What's "World of Warcraft"? Some kind of new age Dungeons and Dragons? Yes, I am that lame.
My roommate played the game for a full 6 months out of 2 years. Literally averaging 6 hours per day, every day, for 2 effing years. If he hadn't moved out 3 months ago, I think I would have killed him with his own samurai sword; it would have been the only honorable thing to do.
airhornahole Wrote:What's "World of Warcraft"? Some kind of new age Dungeons and Dragons? Yes, I am that lame.

It is basically a really really watered down version of D&D. It has it's own storyline and what not, but it doesn't matter. There is a lot of background saving throws that go on but you never see them. It's more or less a point and click version of D&D for people who don't care about all the stuff that goes into actually performing an attack of any kind.

You can never actually win or lose, you can either die or not die. If you die, you respawn and try again, and again, and again, ad nauseum. To defeat or accomplish anything in this game you just need one thing: time to devote to playing the game. The only reward you get for playing is bragging rights over other nerds either based on what monsters you were able to kill or what items you have gotten from said battle.

Edit: I completely forgot to add. The entire role playing element of the game is non-existent. While yes you could still choose to be a role player, you will quickly find you have no in game friends if you do so, as the entire 14 year old and unemployed adult population of the game find roleplaying highly annoying and counter productive to actually beating stuff in the game