Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AT Charity Golf Outing - Grand Rapids
The guys talked about this after hours the other day and here is a little bit of info for the GR listeners in case they'd like to form a foursome to join in on the fun.

A little bit of info can be found on the AT website here.

Golf for a Cure
4 Person Scramble
Glen Eagle Golf Course=
Hudsonville, MI
Phone: 616-457-6515
Email k.d.burkett@comcast.net

Zane predictably didn't have his shit together when announcing it so he called Mrs. Ten. She said it was around $200 per team, there were some prizes and some other things.

Zane, you're more than welcome to post more info here.
Quote of the Day:
"I'm here working for the people. I'm causing dissent, stirring the pot, getting people to question the whole rotten system." - George Costanza
Zane don
Wiener Poopie 2.0! Now fatter and less credible!
+1 cause that was funny as hell!

edit....and true!
Quote of the Day:
"I'm here working for the people. I'm causing dissent, stirring the pot, getting people to question the whole rotten system." - George Costanza
WOTS is it was a good time last year, despite glen eagle being a goat ranch.
Do we know a start time? I'm assuming it'll be a morning start.
houseboat Wrote:WOTS is it was a good time last year, despite glen eagle being a goat ranch.
Is that the course off from Port Sheldon by 44th? If so, I'd call it Pebble Beach compared to the 9 hole on New Holland.
houseboat Wrote:WOTS is it was a good time last year, despite glen eagle being a goat ranch.
Sounds like a joe stunt in the making.
Quote of the Day:
wingospagettio Wrote:
Is that the course off from Port Sheldon by 44th? If so, I'd call it Pebble Beach compared to the 9 hole on New Holland.

Summergreen! That's where I learned how to golf, actually.

I sent an e-mail to the contact person, Kyle, he said that tee time is set for 8 a.m., unless they get so many teams that they have to stagger start times.
potthole Wrote:
wingospagettio Wrote:Is that the course off from Port Sheldon by 44th? If so, I'd call it Pebble Beach compared to the 9 hole on New Holland.

Summergreen! That's where I learned how to golf, actually.

I sent an e-mail to the contact person, Kyle, he said that tee time is set for 8 a.m., unless they get so many teams that they have to stagger start times.

Yeah!!! Fellow Summergreen golfer back in the day!
broyoder Wrote:
potthole Wrote:Summergreen! That's where I learned how to golf, actually.

Yeah!!! Fellow Summergreen golfer back in the day!

I've only played it a couple of times. My Dad liked it cuz it's short, I liked it cuz we didn't have to wait for any old farts. We were the only ones on the course on a Saturday afternoon.
Does anyone know the date of this ? I talked to Joe on the phone a few days ago and he wasn't 100% sure.
Wowie Groovie !
It's on Saturday, August 23rd.
Quote of the Day:
Sounds sweet
wingospagettio Wrote:I've only played it a couple of times. My Dad liked it cuz it's short, I liked it cuz we didn't have to wait for any old farts. We were the only ones on the course on a Saturday afternoon.

Hell, I just played there a few weeks ago! I took time off from work the last few days before my wedding, so one morning I decided I'd go kick Summergreen's butt for old time's sake.
Time ?
Wowie Groovie !
Titan ! Wrote:Time ?
Tee off around 8 am. There could be staggered start times if there are enough teams to call for it.
Quote of the Day:
Does anyone need a 4th person? I'm not any good but "I like drinking"
I wanted to come and take photos, but I have a wedding that day.
Wowie Groovie !
Does anyone have the form that zane was talking about to contact the organizer of the event to find people that are looking for another team member? I have emailed him a few times and he's dragging his ass getting it out to me. I would really like to play but all of my golfing friends will be out if town or have other plans, any help would be great. Thanks
killerb Wrote:Does anyone have the form that zane was talking about to contact the organizer of the event to find people that are looking for another team member? I have emailed him a few times and he's dragging his ass getting it out to me. I would really like to play but all of my golfing friends will be out if town or have other plans, any help would be great. Thanks

Try contacting Kyle, he's the organizer and he should be able to point you in the right direction.

His contact info is below.

dino Wrote:Golf for a Cure
4 Person Scramble
Glen Eagle Golf Course=
Hudsonville, MI
Phone: 616-457-6515
Email k.d.burkett@comcast.net
Quote of the Day:
Kyle has been very good at getting back to me. I've contacted him via e-mail and have gotten a response within 24 hours on all but one occasion. Granted, that one occasion was the most recent time I e-mailed him, but his prior track record prevents me from getting worried.
I don't have ms office, can you post his actual email address for me? the link that says Kyle doesn't do anything for me. Thanks for the help
<!-- e --><a href="mailto:k.d.burkett@comcast.net">k.d.burkett@comcast.net</a><!-- e -->

Once you scroll over Kyle's name his email address should show up in the bottom left hand corner of your browser.
Quote of the Day:
Wow, I guess you learn something new everyday. Thanks again
What if the weather doesn't cooperate? will they reschedule or just cancell? The forecast for Saturday looks pretty shitty according to Matt Kirkwood, it is Michigan so anything is possible though.
That would probably be a question for Kyle to answer.
Quote of the Day:
Weather turned out great! The golf was good, the food was good, and so was the raffle. I'll be interested in seeing if anything is mentioned on Monday about the outing.
It was a fun time! I'm tired and in need of a nap. It was fun to see the guys and Mrs. Ten again.

I look forward to next year!
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Yeah.....The top of my head looks like a lobster now Sad Shoulda wore my PBR cap!
Quote of the Day:
killerb, did you wind up playing?
Yes, it was really good times. I don't remember much after about the 13th hole except the steak dinner.
Which dude were you? We thought we might have figured it out but weren't sure.

White shirt, shaved head, black sunglasses?
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
If you don't remember a whole lot maybe you were with the team that ordered the 30 jello shots?!?!
Quote of the Day:
Amazingly, -23 under won it. -20 under was 2nd.

Incredible to go -23 in a scramble.
They had to have bought a bunch of greenies and mulligans. That could have accounted for a bunch of that -23.
Quote of the Day:
dino Wrote:They had to have bought a bunch of greenies and mulligans. That could have accounted for a bunch of that -23.

Limited to 3 greenies. I heard they only bought 2 mulligans.
Yep that was me, I was also sunburnt and drunk by the end of the day! I personally only had 6 jello shots, maybe that's why we only went about -3 for the day.
That's better than our final score. Although, we did eagle one of the par 5's without using any "cheats."

I should have come over to say hello. I was going to when I was in line to get lunch, but you got up and left for awhile while I was near your table.
We were -17, should've been -19. We missed to short birdies on our last two holes. I played with a great team. We had a hard time buying the -23... Not saying they cheated, but that is a nearly impossible score.

Anyway, it was a great time! Very nicely run tournament.

Thanks to all the guys!
I'll agree with that winning score. I'm sure there were some good golfers there, but that good? If so, there must have been a couple of guys on the team who were getting some VERY good/lucky shots.

In the end, though, I guess it doesn't really matter. We were there to have fun and support a good cause, and that's what we did.