Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where were you ?
when and where i was will always be a memory of mine i keep to myself, but there is nothing more horrifying/sickening than seeing footage of the second plane hit.
I was in Navy boot camp, near the end. I think I was about a week from graduating. We were learning how to fight fires and did the long march down to the firefighting training building. It was an odd march, since there were zero cars in the road as opposed to the usual countless. Once we got there they just made us all sit down for like 45 mins while our instructors were in a meeting talking about what happened. Then they came out and took away anybody who had family or friends in the affected locations and let them try to contact them. Eventually they told us all what happened and we somehow made our way through the day. The next couple of days were real strange, even for boot camp. Really made me realize what I had gotten myself into though.
i was on a field trip with my senior class to washington D.C. and new york city. we left the airport monday morning and arrived in washington later that day where we visited the smithsonian, the national mall, and the holocaust memorial museum.

on tuesday, the 11th, we were scheduled to go to the capitol building, the tomb of the unknowns and leave for new york later that day. as we were on the bus heading to capitol building, we saw people running down the steps of the supreme court and construction workers furiously putting their equipment up and getting in their trucks. completely unaware of the situation, we recieved a call from the president of our school telling our chaperones that the world trade center and the pentagon were hit by airplanes and to immediately gather our luggage from the hotel and come back home. when we got on the interstate to leave washington DC, the traffic was backed up for miles and we could clearly see the smoke and fire rising from the pentagon. since all planes had been grounded, the bus driver had to drive all the way back to tennessee where we arrived at around 5 AM on wednesday. my class ended up making the local news and papers.
I was at work, QT, a gas station in DM, IA. A few pd buddies came in and were tellin us about it, I honestly thought, at first, that they were just jokin with us, but then more and more people came in, and everyone kept asking us if we had a tv we could turn on or radio that we could get the news on and I started realizing that it was indeed true.. Making matters worse, I get off of work, and its all over the tv's at home.... All I wanted to do was go back to bed, and I couldn't escape the news broadcasts of the days events. I ended up glued to the news and wide eyed all day.
I was in 8th grade, I went to use the restroom when an announcement came on TV to turn all TV's off, not worry about the news and resume daily activities as normal. No one knew what was going on so we immediately turned the TV's on. I expected it to be a war in the middle east or a bombing of some sort, but when my history teacher turned the TV on, we all thought were were seeing a movie...until we saw the plane hit. We watched in silence, and for the rest of the day, no one did any schoolwork, we all went from class to class glued to the TV. The most vivid image I remember seeing were the smoke plumes chasing the people down the street, how people were running for their lives, seeing people covered in ash and soot, the streets of NYC blackened. I remember how eerily silent it was outside, I live close to the Gerald R Ford (Grand Rapids) Airport, no planes at all. You could hear America crying even though it was silent. It was a terrible day, and I will never forget it, my heart goes out to the people who were affected or lost someone they loved.
Kate Wrote:You could hear America crying even though it was silent.

That sentence captures that day perfectly.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Admin Wrote:
Kate Wrote:You could hear America crying even though it was silent.

That sentence captures that day perfectly.

It sure does.

I think it is awesome that, for the first time that I can remember, a thread has not been "tainted" by any tomfoolery, stupidity or hatred.

Kudos all!!

[Image: UNITED%20we%20stand%20jpg.jpg]
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
I was a Hi lo driver at an automotive plant driving a load of parts to a work station when a panicked co-worker told me that there were a plane had flown into the World Trade Center. I couldn't believe it. I found a place to park my hi lo and went to my car to listen to the radio. The radio was already tuned to Howard Stern and I listened dumbfounded to the words that were coming from the radio. I was actually listening when the second plane hit and I became so disgusted and angry that I almost threw up.
"Sir, You need to get out of your car, there is a train comming."
"Why ummm... uhhh did you ummm... feel the need to errrrr, god why can't I type!!"
[Image: At-the-World-Trade-Center.gif][Image: 9-11.jpg]
"Sir, You need to get out of your car, there is a train comming."
"Why ummm... uhhh did you ummm... feel the need to errrrr, god why can't I type!!"
i was in 5th grade in elementary school and i didnt know what the twin towers were, and i thought i was gonna die till i got home at 5 pm central time and my mom explained everything to me, now im a senior in high school
12th grade government class. some kid came back from the bathroom and told our teacher that a plane hit the building. we thought he was kidding, but he insisted he passed a different class on the way back that was projecting the coverage on a big screen. so the teacher took us all down to watch. everything kinda stopped. weird day.
I was listening to Stern and making a sales call to cascade Meijer.