Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
fan base in pa
i just wanna let the fellas at fbhw know that they have a big fan base here in pa.....well theres at least three of us that i know of but either way we love the show and catch it everyday!
"Mom, are the pancakes done yet?"
Philly area is deffinately listening. FBHW needs to come visit us.
anywhere in eastern pa would be wonderful
I agree with the philly thing, I think WYSP should pick them up. Hell of a lot better than Kidd Chris, preston and steve, or even that dinosaur Debella. The rest of the morning people aren't even worth mentioning by name, especally the school lunch readers on the country station.
It matters not how straight the gate, how charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul.
[spoiler]Shit, you took away the black bar. Put it the fuck back now![/spoiler]
fbhw needs to come to northeastern pa big fan base up here
seriously if you live in eastern pa shout it out cuz fbhw read tis site and i think that they should know that we love their show and want them to come visit pa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What would they do here? We have to come up with an event that they could parcipitate in ON AIR. And we can't have the regular Philadelphian representing us, because they can't talk right and they may have a gun.
im not saying philly, im saying anywhere in eastern pa, poconos, random places etc
when they originally were in trenton the station they were on put a lot of focus on philly, the events they had with the hawks classic rock fest had plenty of people from philly there (without guns). There is plenty they could do. plus i know in GR they do a gameshow type of thing every once in a while and i am sure there would be plenty of attention drawn to something like that here.
if anyone has any suggestions i would be more than happy to try and set up a venue or what ever you would like to call it. I would just like to get fbhw here. seriously theres a good fan base in eastern pa and i think they should know that!!!!!!!
im another pa fan, outside of philly. but i only listen on podcasts now.

and i would like to say that the bone in allentown SUCKS! not even worth having as a station. seriously, people who would probably like the show would wind up hating it if they only heard it while listening on the bone.

reasons it sucks

1 - the broadcast strength is really weak. i used to live 10 miles from allentown and it would go in and out all the time. and i drove across the lehigh valley for work and it was never really good no matter where i went. by comparision, stations from philly and trenton - all at least 60 miles away - usually come in crystal clear. i used to listen on 97.5 the hawk out of jersey and could hear that fine.

2 - they play music during the show and cut some segments out. i really dont want to hear welcome to the jungle for the 500th time in my life, i want to hear the show.

3 - they chop the segments down to like 10 minutes max and they dont even do a good job. they just have a clip of free beer saying "now back to the fbhw show" and then they just cut in mid sentence. almost unlistenable.
a hole!!!!!!!!!!! ;D
stickyfingers Wrote:im another pa fan, outside of philly. but i only listen on podcasts now.

and i would like to say that the bone in allentown SUCKS! not even worth having as a station. seriously, people who would probably like the show would wind up hating it if they only heard it while listening on the bone.

reasons it sucks

1 - the broadcast strength is really weak. i used to live 10 miles from allentown and it would go in and out all the time. and i drove across the lehigh valley for work and it was never really good no matter where i went. by comparision, stations from philly and trenton - all at least 60 miles away - usually come in crystal clear. i used to listen on 97.5 the hawk out of jersey and could hear that fine.

2 - they play music during the show and cut some segments out. i really dont want to hear welcome to the jungle for the 500th time in my life, i want to hear the show.

3 - they chop the segments down to like 10 minutes max and they dont even do a good job. they just have a clip of free beer saying "now back to the fbhw show" and then they just cut in mid sentence. almost unlistenable.

That's pretty close to how WMGK in philly did it, however they 1 upped on the crappy way the bone worked on it.
first of all they would play them at like 10 or 10:30 PM
second of all they would start it and only do like 1 segment, then for about 45 minutes they would play music with hardly any show. I didn't even listen through a whole show on there so I dont even know if they even played 4 hours of it

you can look on the bright side, at least the bone plays it live.
I'm from the Phily area (South Jersey). I used to listen on 97.5 and try to listen to 105.7 from the shore. It's footprint is stepped on by some dumbass talk show from Baltimore. So, I podcast. I have, several times, emailed WMGK to tell them they need to retire the old fossil DeBella and bring FBHW in. I have also emailed other radio stations and encouraged them to get FBHW back on the air here. We all ought to email these stations and see if we can get them back. I know they would probably come to a radio event if they on that station. They usually attend wing stock at the shore. for 105.7 the Hawk.

smwoodcrafts
well...im just south of the poconos and the bone comes in clear for me from my place, down to allentown, up to the poconos....plus, the station isnt in allentown, its in hacketstown or something like that...i think that they should come to ESU area...
I'm a transplanted Philadelphia in Michigan and it would be awesome if Philly was able to get a station to sign them up again. It sucks to be a week behind everytime I come back and miss whatever transpired on the show.
smwoodcrafts Wrote:I'm from the Phily area (South Jersey). I used to listen on 97.5 and try to listen to 105.7 from the shore. It's footprint is stepped on by some dumbass talk show from Baltimore. So, I podcast. I have, several times, emailed WMGK to tell them they need to retire the old fossil DeBella and bring FBHW in. I have also emailed other radio stations and encouraged them to get FBHW back on the air here. We all ought to email these stations and see if we can get them back. I know they would probably come to a radio event if they on that station. They usually attend wing stock at the shore. for 105.7 the Hawk.

smwoodcrafts
OMG that kirk and mark is one of the most damn annoying things i have ever heard in my life, i feel like punching my radio every time i hear one of the FBHW guys talking then a stupid parody song, or assinine conversation breaks in.
parrbar Wrote:well...im just south of the poconos and the bone comes in clear for me from my place, down to allentown, up to the poconos....plus, the station isnt in allentown, its in hacketstown or something like that...i think that they should come to ESU area...

Believe me, the transmitter isn't located in Hackettstown - I work a few miles from there and can't get the show. I have to podcast.
Philly Mike Wrote:I agree with the philly thing, I think WYSP should pick them up. Hell of a lot better than Kidd Chris, preston and steve, or even that dinosaur Debella. The rest of the morning people aren't even worth mentioning by name, especally the school lunch readers on the country station.

I emailed YSP. http://fbhw.proboards83.com/index.cgi?bo...thread=306
jiggyjiggyjoe Wrote:
parrbar Wrote:well...im just south of the poconos and the bone comes in clear for me from my place, down to allentown, up to the poconos....plus, the station isnt in allentown, its in hacketstown or something like that...i think that they should come to ESU area...

Believe me, the transmitter isn't located in Hackettstown - I work a few miles from there and can't get the show. I have to podcast.

The Bone comes in fine in my car all over the Valley. The only place I have an issue is at work in Nazareth. It sounds odd but, it seems the weather has an effect on how good of a signal I get. Of course, it would help if I didn't have a piece of S radio.

As far as the transmitter... I believe it's located in Belvidere, NJ but, The Bone studio is physically located in Stroudsburg, PA in the same building as Lite 93.5 WSBG. Here's the Wikipedia page for WWYY http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WWYY
you come back to philly area? please?

kthanksbye
I listen to FBHW every morning. I turn on the Bone, 107.1, on my way to work and then I fire up the WGRD.com live stream.
I used to listen to the show when they were 97.5 in the philly/trenton area. I podcast now, it works out better becuase i go into work at 3:00am now, so i wouldn't be able to listen during the actual broadcast anyway. Plus it keeps me awake, and when I laugh out loud at that hour people must think I'm drunk or something.
I'm lovin this msg board. I thought I was the only loser that was missing FBHW in the Philly/Trenton area. I drive a truck fm Philly to Trenton every day & spend all day in Trenton. I can hear the show most day's on 105.7 The Hawk but in bad weather or cloudy day's I lose it. I wish they would come back. I love the show. Preston & Steve blow, Kidd Chris sucked & he's gone & DiBella's an egotistical ass clown.
prestonandstevesux Wrote:I'm lovin this msg board. I thought I was the only loser that was missing FBHW in the Philly/Trenton area. I drive a truck fm Philly to Trenton every day & spend all day in Trenton. I can hear the show most day's on 105.7 The Hawk but in bad weather or cloudy day's I lose it. I wish they would come back. I love the show. Preston & Steve blow, Kidd Chris sucked & he's gone & DiBella's an egotistical ass clown.

couldn't agree more.
Podcasting in Philly BEEEYOTCH!

I miss listening to you guys live.
I didn't even realize they were on at night on WMMR until the week they were canceled. Either way, podcasting is the way to go except you lose out on the ability to participate.

I'd love for WYSP to pick them up. I used to like Preston and Steve, but they seem so f'ing artificial and scripted compared to FB&HW. I can't go five minutes without changing the station in disgust! 'Preston mentioned an Asian guy so here comes five minutes of Steve doing his Japanese impression with about three-thousand drops of the 'penis so small' clip'.
prestonandstevesux Wrote:I'm lovin this msg board. I thought I was the only loser that was missing FBHW in the Philly/Trenton area. I drive a truck fm Philly to Trenton every day & spend all day in Trenton. I can hear the show most day's on 105.7 The Hawk but in bad weather or cloudy day's I lose it. I wish they would come back.

Yep. It ruled when they were on 94.5, then 97.5, can't believe it got sold to an all-jazz station. *grumble* I listen to 105.7 now, but I can't get it on my clock radio in the morning on cloudy days, and the show gets all static-y about halfway through my drive to work.

Seriously, when are they coming back to the central Jersey/Philly area?

-D