Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where are they???
I am very confused. I've been listen to Free Beer & Hot Wings for maybe 4 years or so on and off, depending on my schedule and if I am awake. I thought that they were IN Manahawkin NJ. But now it sounds like they are in Michigan? Were they ever in NJ? Oh, and how come Hot Wings doesn't say "like so-and-so said quote" at the end of what Hot Wings thinks anymore? I feel so out of the loop.
If any of you guys read this, I LOVE your show!
jerseygirl827 Wrote:I am very confused. I've been listen to Free Beer & Hot Wings for maybe 4 years or so on and off, depending on my schedule and if I am awake. I thought that they were IN Manahawkin NJ. But now it sounds like they are in Michigan? Were they ever in NJ? Oh, and how come Hot Wings doesn't say "like so-and-so said quote" at the end of what Hot Wings thinks anymore? I feel so out of the loop.
If any of you guys read this, I LOVE your show!

0rz0ski Wrote:He mentioned in This Thread that he didn't like to be tied down by making a quote.

As for where they are located....yes they are in GR. They came here from Jersey. There is a thread about this topic somewhere but I'm sleepy.
Quote of the Day:
"I'm here working for the people. I'm causing dissent, stirring the pot, getting people to question the whole rotten system." - George Costanza
they're in Grand Rapids, Michigan but have been a few different states in the early years including Jersey.

as for why there's no more WHWT quotes...
hotwings Wrote:I decided it had turned into an unnecessary handcuff that I was wasting too much time trying to come up with.
From the Wikipedia page... though it's wrong....
"Daniels, Michels, and Zane all attended Central Michigan University.[9] While there, Daniels and Michels were roommates.[2] After graduating they worked at a radio show in Omaha, Nebraska. Before coming to Grand Rapids, Zane, Daniels, and Michels worked at radio stations in Knoxville, Tennessee. The show began with Daniels and Michels taking on the names "Free Beer" and "Hot Wings," respectively. When Eric Zane got fired from a rival radio station, he was hired as the producer and wasn't allowed to talk, only laugh off-mike. After the radio station wanted to fire Hot Wings, they all decided to quit and moved to Grand Rapids."

They actually moved to New Jersey first for a while, then got a chance to go to Grand Rapids, but syndicate to New Jersey, and then other stations started to be added.

That's the quick version I guess, who knows enough to fix the wikipedia page?
Yes, they are from Michigan but it does'nt seem that they are very proud of that. They always reference the other regional stations but always just reference the home station as "west michigan" Oh well, it is what it is I geuss!! It's like wheres Waldo!!!!!!!!!!!!! Or marco polo!!!!! Marcoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ???????????????????????
http://fbhw.proboards47.com/index.cgi?bo...hread=1158

And now my obligitory "please use the search function" line...