Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drama Queen daughters
The guys nailed it when they started talking about the way young girls over-react about EVERYTHING!! My girls are 5 and 8 and they fight over any and everything...the 5 yr old talks over the TV constantly and I've got to shut her up because "SHE'S RUINING MY LIFE MOM" I'LL NEVER GET TO WATCH THIS SPONGEBOB SHOW AGAIN!!!" She even warned her class about her sister when she was going to attend the same school, told everyone she was a big crybaby and a blabber mouth...the teacher told me this. Love my girls, hate the drama. I also have 2 sisters and I can remember fighting with them....... :'(
that is why I will be having 1 child. My husband is an only child and turned out fine. He was treated lovingly, sternly, caringly, and was not spoiled because he was an only child. The only way I will be having more than 1 child is if I have multiples.
What Zane said earlier about wanting to have a girl and being excited was so true for me. Then as she got bigger and wanted to play barbies (i didn't play with barbies, except to roast a shrimp on one) it became a problem. And then when she had friends over and they started their screaming . . . oh my gosh, it drove me crazy. Now Plungee and I have 4 girls (8, 12, 14 & 15) at home. Let the screamfest and drama begin (and it does day after day - no really - okay really, but not too bad).

I did end up playing barbies with her. I made it fun for me. It used to tickled the shit out of her. "No no Ken, we are going shopping without you today. You can clean the house. We'll be back . . . oh I don't know when we'll be back. Don't worry about it, okay! We'll be back when we get good and ready to be back."

I didn't really do that scenario, but similar funny stuff (at least my daughter thought it was funny - she couldn't breath she laughed so hard). Then when her friends came over, she didn't want me to play, because they would just sit there and laugh. Like I said, I made it fun.
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
I didn't get to hear Zanes comment today, but as to the topic, I think that the behavior of children has less to do with gender than it has to do with the inner make-up of the child. I have one girl and one boy and believe me they can both be a problem and over react to things, especially when they were young. I was the oldest of three boys and let me tell you, sometimes it was WAR!!
"Sir, You need to get out of your car, there is a train comming."
"Why ummm... uhhh did you ummm... feel the need to errrrr, god why can't I type!!"