Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FreeBeer can't say Grand Rapids
Has anyone noticed that FreeBeer incoherently slurs the words "Grand Rapids" when he intro's into EACH AND EVERY segment? "GRD Grand Rapids' rock alternative" always sounds like "GRD go nap its rock alternative". It took me 6 months of hearing it literally 15 times a day before one time he tripped on his own words (and then had to repeat it slowly to spite himself) for it to be coherent.

Granted, if I had know that GR meant "Grand Rapids" I'm sure I would have solved this a long time ago, but still... I'm not from GR, so I'm not used to the acronym.

I can't believe no one (including the other guys) has ever called him on this! I mean, call it a "show mark"!
Listen to the full podcast every day, and I've not once noticed this.
Free Beer hasn't been able to say a lot of words correctly for a long time.
I am the irrepressible dark horse.
Film it. Listen to it. Live it. Love it.

All the best,
The Mayor of Awesometown
Yeah, Freebeer is retarded. We all figured that out a long time ago.

I disagree with your statement, however. I podcast and hear it as "Grand Rapids rock alternative." Nothing stange about that.
I realize that it's awesome and hilarious when FreeBeer actually does screw words or phrases up, but this seems to be a bit nitpicky.
mutts202 Wrote:Has anyone noticed that FreeBeer incoherently slurs the words "Grand Rapids" when he intro's into EACH AND EVERY segment? "GRD Grand Rapids' rock alternative" always sounds like "GRD go nap its rock alternative". It took me 6 months of hearing it literally 15 times a day before one time he tripped on his own words (and then had to repeat it slowly to spite himself) for it to be coherent.

Granted, if I had know that GR meant "Grand Rapids" I'm sure I would have solved this a long time ago, but still... I'm not from GR, so I'm not used to the acronym.

I can't believe no one (including the other guys) has ever called him on this! I mean, call it a "show mark"!

you're definitely not alone on this one, it took me awhile to figure out what the hell he was saying too. for some reason, i thought it was 'coming up its rock alternative' even though i knew that would make absolutely no sense. one day it clicked for me, probably when he slowed down and pronounced the damn thing.
FB says 155$ wierd in the intro for MyWeb-Town.
shawnp Wrote:FB says 155$ wierd in the intro for MyWeb-Town.

Yeah, he does sound a little like he's running out of air when he says "a hundred and fifty five"...
Funny, I've never noticed any of this.
Well, I guess that we all learned a lesson today. That it's what's inside a person that counts. And that on the inside, midgets are thieving little bastards.
Jiggy Wrote:Funny, I've never noticed any of this.

Baby Jesus would have noticed.
Baby Jesus was to busy being our Savior to listen to the FreeBeer and hotWings show. That is all, if I say more we will have to take this over to touchy subjects.
Well, I guess that we all learned a lesson today. That it's what's inside a person that counts. And that on the inside, midgets are thieving little bastards.
mutts202 Wrote:
Jiggy Wrote:Funny, I've never noticed any of this.

Baby Jesus would have noticed.

What does that even mean? If it's funny...I am missing it.
jus' P Wrote:
mutts202 Wrote:Baby Jesus would have noticed.

What does that even mean? If it's funny...I am missing it.

Only the 8 pound, 6 ounce ... new born infant Jesus,don't even know a word yet, would understand.
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
+1 8-)
he also has a hard time with the word else, he says it more of the jeff foxworthy way saying"elts"
It matters not how straight the gate, how charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul.
[spoiler]Shit, you took away the black bar. Put it the fuck back now![/spoiler]
Isn't it up to us to 'shame the retard out of him' then? Let get going.
Jiggy Wrote:Baby Jesus was to busy being our Savior to listen to the FreeBeer and hotWings show. That is all, if I say more we will have to take this over to touchy subjects.

u got that right!! and I do say thank you for that Baby Jesus!!
whey does my profile say drunken legend ( kev ) i didnt put any of that in?? is it my rank??
alpacafarmer Wrote:whey does my profile say drunken legend ( kev ) i didnt put any of that in?? is it my rank??

Yes. Wow, I'm shocked that your posts in here didn't have half a million exclamation points.
alpacafarmer Wrote:whey does my profile say drunken legend ( kev ) i didnt put any of that in?? is it my rank??

Yest, it is your rank. You got that when you reached 50 posts. When you get to 100, I believe you'll move up to Bob and Tom's Fake Laughter.

Also, I never noticed "Grand Rapids" as weird, but I've been listening to GRD long before I listened to FBHW, so I've been hearing "Grand Rapids Rock Alternative" from others for a while, but had I not been as familiar with GRD or Grand Rapids, I bet it would've stuck out more.

Back when Maria Menounos was on Chanel 1 News, she used to say her name really fast, and it sounded like she was saying "I'm Ramen (pronounced RAY-men in this case) Noodles."
Moobs Minger Wrote:Back when Maria Menounos was on Chanel 1 News, she used to say her name really fast, and it sounded like she was saying "I'm Ramen (pronounced RAY-men in this case) Noodles."

She was the only reason I didn't tune out when we'd have to watch that.
*For the West Michiganders
Remember Ginger Zee who used to be with Wood TV 8. That was a reason to tune in.
[Image: zee.jpg]
This is a weak complaint. He sounds normal every time.
I have noticed this, but, like Zane throwing random suggestions into Joe stunts, I don't let the annoying way Free Beer says "Grand Rapids" or "155 dollars" piss me off! If he stopped doing this, we wouldn't have the great slurs and word scrambles we've all come accustomed to! Get over it and enjoy the show!
Freebeer can't say Marshall Tucker. That is all.
cuppie Wrote:Freebeer can't say Marshall Tucker. That is all.

Marshall effing Tucker! Classic soundbite.